PDA

View Full Version : Freezes after inserting DVD?? Can't install game!???

Scottyman
03-28-2005, 06:57 PM
I can't even install this game. As soon as I put the DVD in, my system freezes up. Other CDs and DVDs are fine.
I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe--2500+Barton--1 GigPC3200RAM--WD74Gig Raptor--EVGA6800GT-76.10--LiteOn167T-DVDROM--LiteON812S-DVDRW--Audigy2ZS--Win2KSP4.

I tried both drives, but it still freezes. This is the first time anything like this has ever occurred in my 6 years of installing PC games.
Please help. Thanks IA----Scott

steve_v
03-28-2005, 07:24 PM
Are you using the nvidia ide drivers? They have been a persistant problem. Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller from M$ works great.

Bulwark_
03-28-2005, 07:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scottyman:
I can't even install this game. As soon as I put the DVD in, my system freezes up. Other CDs and DVDs are fine.
I have an Asus A7N8X Deluxe--2500+Barton--1 GigPC3200RAM--WD74Gig Raptor--EVGA6800GT-76.10--LiteOn167T-DVDROM--LiteON812S-DVDRW--Audigy2ZS--Win2KSP4.

I tried both drives, but it still freezes. This is the first time anything like this has ever occurred in my 6 years of installing PC games.
Please help. Thanks IA----Scott <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Just an idea because I can't think of anything else at the moment. If it's not too much trouble, open up your case and disconnect one of your DVD drives. Try the install with that configuration on either DVD drive to see if maybe having two causes a conflict. You never know with the new protection measures. And considering that both your drives are DVD, and one's a burner, could be conflicting.

Scottyman
03-29-2005, 07:36 AM
I tried using Microsoft's IDE drvers, but the same thing happens.
Tried using a Toshiba DVDROM, but same thing.
Tried disconnecting the LiteON DVD-RW, same thing.
I did get a BSOD error in one of my attempts--
It was a UDF.sys error if that is of any help.
Again, this is the ONLY game/DVD that's giving me problems.
What's wrong with this pos game?

Thank you

Scottyman
03-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Thinking I may have a faulty DVD, I tried installing on my laptop. It reads it just fine.
?????????????

Shan_Hackett
03-29-2005, 09:24 AM
I had the same problem with my DVD-RW.
It turned out that the copy protection included with SH3 read my DVD Writer software (Legal and came with DVD Drive. "Roixo DVD Media Centre") as an "Ilegal Software".

I uninstalled this software, and rebooted. Problem solved..For me in this case!

Scottyman
03-29-2005, 09:29 AM
I'll try uninstalling DVD Decryptor then DVD Shrink and see what happens. I'm not going to lose Nero Ultra Express for this game unless Ubi or the developer wants to reimburse me somehow. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Scottyman
03-29-2005, 10:19 AM
It was DVD Decryptor that was doing it. It's installed now, but I keep getting destroyed. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Thanks