PDA

View Full Version : Non aggressive Destroyers

K_Kaboom
12-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Hi was wondering if you guys were finding the same that I have been noticing in the game. It ia almost impossible to to die, unless you do something really stupid like surface in the middle of a Destroyer convention. I have made all the dds elite and the only way I die if there are over 20 dds in the map. Any help would be grateful I like to have an element of danger in my game and it seems lacking in SH4. If I make the maps in shallow water I have more of chance to die but only improves marginally. Oh I thought that if I was to add planes I would die for sure. You know a plane was a submariners worst enemy especially if you where in shallow water at periscope depth. I only get minamal damage if none at all. Your thoughts on this would be appeciated....

K_Kaboom
12-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Hi was wondering if you guys were finding the same that I have been noticing in the game. It ia almost impossible to to die, unless you do something really stupid like surface in the middle of a Destroyer convention. I have made all the dds elite and the only way I die if there are over 20 dds in the map. Any help would be grateful I like to have an element of danger in my game and it seems lacking in SH4. If I make the maps in shallow water I have more of chance to die but only improves marginally. Oh I thought that if I was to add planes I would die for sure. You know a plane was a submariners worst enemy especially if you where in shallow water at periscope depth. I only get minamal damage if none at all. Your thoughts on this would be appeciated....

silenthunte1962
12-19-2007, 06:50 PM
I agree with you mate. The 1.4 patch did imporve the overall gameplay and there are many things I really like about SH4. However, the dd's are not near aggressive enough. If this problem could be solved I believe there would be a dramatic change in the number of people playing SH4 multipalyer games.

littlemike0001
12-19-2007, 06:51 PM
you dont die??? i would like to know how you do that. i get near a convoy and the tincans kick me up one side sown anouther and i could be sitting down at 300 feet and silent

walkirie
12-20-2007, 06:49 AM
In my opinion the destroyers in SH3 are very very aggressive , and sometimes also launch a special ring of multiple smaller contact deep charges that are terrible and dreadful, very effective against subs , in SH4 the situation is not so bad , the behaviour of the destroyers before the pathch 1.3 , was like the sisters of charity

K_Kaboom
12-20-2007, 08:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by littlemike0001:
you dont die??? i would like to know how you do that. i get near a convoy and the tincans kick me up one side sown anouther and i could be sitting down at 300 feet and silent </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I do die but the ratio is about 50 missions to 1. If you use your decoys they can be very effective also reverse is very useful. Dont let them get a 90 angle on you. I can out fox them almost everytime. Better luck to you

julius_sneezer
12-28-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm new to Sub simulation games, but there
doesn't seem much of a challenge in SH4.
The biggest challenge is not the A.I.
but the manual targeting of torpedoes.

I'm going to have to purchase SH3 it looks like.