PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE HELP!

ChrisEMERGE
08-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Hey everyone,
I've been having bad crash issues. After a bit of playing (Everything from singleplayer to mulitplayer), my game freezes and I have to reset my computer. And when I restart my computer I have to create a new character but can still play the same mission. How do I stop this from happening! I want to keep my rank! I will list my system specs below.

ASUS CG5290
INTEL CORE i7 2.67 GHZ
9.00GB RAM
WINDOWS VISTA 64-BIT
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260

ChrisEMERGE
08-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Hey everyone,
I've been having bad crash issues. After a bit of playing (Everything from singleplayer to mulitplayer), my game freezes and I have to reset my computer. And when I restart my computer I have to create a new character but can still play the same mission. How do I stop this from happening! I want to keep my rank! I will list my system specs below.

ASUS CG5290
INTEL CORE i7 2.67 GHZ
9.00GB RAM
WINDOWS VISTA 64-BIT
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 260

el_mako
08-15-2009, 11:47 PM
First advice always is to check if you have the latest drivers for your sound and video card.

On the other hand, it sounds as a overheating problem. I assume it only happens playing Vegas2 (it's both proc and vid heavy).

If you know how to tweak the BIOS on your machine, try to ramp up the proc. fan RPMs (revolutions per minute).
For your vidcard, if you have an Nvidia card, google for Riva Tuner, download and install it.

In Riva Tuner, open it, select the <main> tag, select the <customize> pull-down menu-> <low level settings> and you'll get a slider for the manual fan control, move the slider to something around 80%-90%. But do not close it, just click on the <apply> button.

Open Vegas2 (you'll notice the Vidcard fan slowing down again), <alt-tab> to go back to Riva Tuner and click once on the slider (to re-select the speed) and on <apply> again. <alt-tab> to get back to Vegas 2.
The vidcard fan should be revved up now and your pc will run much cooler.
If this solves your problem, you better check with a technician about adding a better permanent cooling solution for your machine.

I hope this helps.

P.S. I just remembered that Rive Tuner works also for a lot of ATI cards (not all settings are available for ATI cards though). But there should be a similar program specific for ATI vidcards.

Lethal1940
08-16-2009, 07:08 PM
I purchased an XFX HD 4890 card about a month ago.
If you download the ATI drivers with the control panel included, there is an overclock tool that allows you to also control fan speed.
Not nearly as many options as Riva Tuner, but it works well for basic functions.