PDA

View Full Version : The PS3 is coming in hard

Bboy_toprocker
03-22-2006, 11:14 PM

Olestra
03-23-2006, 12:09 AM
I'll get it along with my Xbox 360. I play for the games. I could care less about specs and system manufacturers.

Bboy_toprocker
03-23-2006, 12:25 AM
Yeah but not everyone's got the money for 2 brand new consoles in a year, not to say at the same time...

RepXt
03-23-2006, 06:39 AM
for me as with a lot of others it's all about exlusive franchises ...if you want to see mario and Zelda (then keep ur Cube and get the rev) if you want to see Halo 3 then stay with the Big X ...if you want the sony exclusives (Dante an Co?) then get a PS ..most elses is cross platform ...all EA, Ubi, Konami etc titles so there's not much debate for me, until one of them sells out to the other there'll always be a space in my shelf for a microsoft and Nintendo machine...

K0LDING
03-23-2006, 08:49 AM
They are so cheap compared to PC -> let's get both ;-)

Both constitute same cost as a dual SLi graphics card constellation for PC ...

M_308
03-23-2006, 10:00 AM
I'm getting both Xbox360 and Ps3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

xXTwisted
03-23-2006, 04:26 PM
ya well seeing how microsoft copywrighted the live if sony is like it (ex. sending messages (voice, text, video) viewing profiles, gamescore, acheavements, crossgame chat) they M$ can sue the 5HIT out of sony. and i HOPE they DO. i hate sony with a passion. just thinking and typeing about them makes me dizzy with rage. the ps3 is gunna be ****. its going to have SO MANY defects. (dont beleave me, just wait and see) if i saw mr song i would beat the living 5hit outta him.

Choke_A_Smurf
03-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Seeing how the PS3 is a $500 remake of the 360 in a new shell, why bother? They just announced they can't do 1080p, so there's no point in getting it.

MeanMF
03-23-2006, 06:53 PM
The hardware specs don't mean much.. It's all about which system gets the better games.

Olestra
03-23-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by xXTwisted:
ya well seeing how microsoft copywrighted the live if sony is like it (ex. sending messages (voice, text, video) viewing profiles, gamescore, acheavements, crossgame chat) they M$ can sue the 5HIT out of sony. and i HOPE they DO. i hate sony with a passion. just thinking and typeing about them makes me dizzy with rage. the ps3 is gunna be ****. its going to have SO MANY defects. (dont beleave me, just wait and see) if i saw mr song i would beat the living 5hit outta him.

Why do you hate Sony so much?

SplintacellDA
03-23-2006, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Bboy_toprocker:
Hey wassup, I was checking out IGN's websitie and I came across a ton of PS3 info, as I'm an xbox fan/PS hater (I hate that thing, so lame and still took my money away) I started checking the "official announcement for Novembers release" to see how many flaws did the PS3 had, unfortunately, this is what I found:
1.Their own "Live" service, very much as Xbox sevice, wich was, for me, the Xbox punchline.
2.AGEIA Physics support (only the SDK but I really don't know if the Xbox 360 has the SDK too...for what I know it does)
3.BD-ROM wich is pretty good because nowdays disc space is what keeps good games from coming out...
4.I swear that if the PS3 is better than my Xbox 360 I'll cut my veins and all reporters/preview guys/review guys/microsoft's/sony's veins... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

So with the above said I'd like to ask you wich platform will you choose or wich would you keep?

Well you better start slitting your wrist now because the PS3 will be way more powerful then 360. life sucks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

SplintacellDA
03-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by xXTwisted:

dude chill the F*ck out. I dont see why your so enraged with sony. One the PS3 wont be sh*t its a fact (Why god WHY!!!!) im the same way wishing PS3 will be shizz but come on dude, take your medication.

lonewolfer2004
03-23-2006, 08:46 PM
what games are you talking about, cause no good games get stopped by disk space, oblivion has 1000hrs of voice and a self generating forest and it came out

K0LDING
03-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi Smurf

Originally posted by Choke_A_Smurf:
They just announced they can't do 1080p, so there's no point in getting it.

Where did you get this info. In a recent Playstation questionaire Sony states the following:

The PlayStation‚ģ3 will include BluRay‚"ěĘ, the high definition DVD technology, and support games in resolutions of up to 1080p, (the highest supported standard on the market.)

This is from end-February. Did you find more recent information?

Bboy_toprocker
03-24-2006, 12:08 AM
If you had read my post you'd have seen that I read it in IGN's new 4 articles regarding AGEIA, and the PS3 "official" announcement that it's coming out in November.

Well for my case I may ask my dad to buy the ps3 like he did with the xbox 360, altough that'd mean 2 $500 consoles in a year so I might be measuring his boot's penetration speed in my *** than playing 2 consoles by next January.

I think PS is **** and will always be, the only thing I like is MGS and not to say that SPLINTER CELL kicks Snake's arse big time, and c'mon, in MGS5 what are we gonna get?...Corpses that know Judo and kick the living... out of the 20 yr. old fit & built soldiers bodys?...I think mgs4 will mess it up with the idea of snake being a sick 90 yr old man who can move better than most of us teens or young adults.

I think PS3 is barely even spaculating, they are not even in the pre-release kit (read IGN's articles), so that means that there's 2 kit's to go b4 release, that means a lot of downgrading. But the xbox is already a vision come true, no speculations just reality. I guess PS3 won't even make it to "Live" without asking you to buy some expensive stupidity like they did on the PS2 with the mem card. In fact in the IGN article the Japanese Koji Muto or whatever didn't even clear out the HDD matter, as stupid as it may sound, you know how preview guys do, they always beat 'round the bush by saying he did it to leave "speculations"..the hell he did, and all we can think of is that they'll make you buy the 60Gig HDD...sony always at the lead of the not-rich people... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

I'm pretty sure it wont get to be as we saw it, I mean, the MGS4 DIRECT FEED trailer was done using the now unused kit, I mean, not gonna make it that beautiful.

And if this guy wants to hate sony then let him do it, at least I do to lol

CAmoreno
03-24-2006, 04:29 AM
Hey, I read some where that the PS3 said that they wanted all their game publishers to design their games as if everyone had the hard drive! so I guess if you don't get a hard drive (assuming that they will sale some ps3 like the core 360) then I guess those hard drives will be more valuable and harder to find...sucks for ps fans!

XWraithxX
03-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by SplintacellDA:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bboy_toprocker:
Hey wassup, I was checking out IGN's websitie and I came across a ton of PS3 info, as I'm an xbox fan/PS hater (I hate that thing, so lame and still took my money away) I started checking the "official announcement for Novembers release" to see how many flaws did the PS3 had, unfortunately, this is what I found:
1.Their own "Live" service, very much as Xbox sevice, wich was, for me, the Xbox punchline.
2.AGEIA Physics support (only the SDK but I really don't know if the Xbox 360 has the SDK too...for what I know it does)
3.BD-ROM wich is pretty good because nowdays disc space is what keeps good games from coming out...
4.I swear that if the PS3 is better than my Xbox 360 I'll cut my veins and all reporters/preview guys/review guys/microsoft's/sony's veins... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

So with the above said I'd like to ask you wich platform will you choose or wich would you keep?

Well you better start slitting your wrist now because the PS3 will be way more powerful then 360. life sucks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard that John Carmack said the Ps3 is about 20% more Powerful than the 360 but the 360 is 20% easier to program for than the Ps3, I believe this means they will equal out in the short term of things but in the long run when people can utilize the Ps3 more than yu will start seeing better looking games on it than the 360, but this will be ATLEAST 2-3 years in the Ps3's life cycle. Im going to try and find a link to the article.

K0LDING
03-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Well, some information HERE (http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9503/Developers-Migrating-from-PS3-to-Xbox-360-Development/) . Don't know how reliable given source but ps3today.com is mentioned as original source.

PS3Today.com and PS3Focus.com have reported a recent Japanese article about PS3 developer support, which has an insider source claiming that the initial investment for PS3 software development it at least ‚¬•2 billion (U$S 17.6 million), and that figure does not include the actual development costs associated directly with the title.

This initial investment, according to this insider source, is "nothing but a nightmare for many Japanese software development companies."

The article also reveals that the prevailing rumor in Japanese game development circles is that many companies may end up developing for the Xbox 360, which will lower R&D costs since the system shares many similarities with Windows game development, allowing developers to release a single title on both platforms.

RWRealmXBOX
03-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Let's see, PS3 has already been delayed once. It will be delayed again. Why? They are pressing as hard as possible just to have a working console for E3. They are having major issues with the blue-ray drive. Here's a little bit of information for everyone. The current DVD discs hold about 8gig of data. The largest game released on this format to this date has been Oblivion. That game is considered a beheamoth coming in at 5 gig. That game has 1000 hours+ of gameplay. The only reason that HD-DVD (MS's choice) and blue-ray discs have an advantage is in the movie industry. And that is only due to content. Both Sony and MS have both stated that game development is not a priority in blue-ray or HD-DVD. The typical blue-ray disc can hold 50 gig of data and HD-DVD discs can hold 45 gig of data. But with the average game not even filling up the current 8 gig of data on a DVD disc, why worry about it? Instead, you'll be paying more for games that will only use 10% of the disc.

Next, Blue-ray drives are very expensive at this time. The average blue-ray drives are about $1000. This is a major sticking point for Sony. They need to keep the price down and this is the biggest stumbling block. In fact, the only reason Sony is pushing the blue-ray drive/discs is because it's the format that their studio's and parent company has chosen. Given the choice, I bet they would back out if this technology if they hadn't sunk so much money into it's development.

To those that have said that the PS3 will be way more powerful than the 360. Read the specs again. The only true thing that's more powerful is the processor. However, if you knew anything about gaming and computers you would know that the more powerful processing doesn't really matter that much if your graphics card is only capable of a certain rate. The graphics chips in the PS3 and 360 are both coming in with the same frame rate and teraflops. So you can have the more powerful processor in the PS3 but it won't matter.

Let's move on to the memory shall we? Right now Sony's own developers have admittedly had problems with the memory that Sony has chosen to use in the PS3.

Third party developers have stated that porting to the 360 has been easy and think that it will be easier to develop for the 360 than the PS3.

The online system. MS has been doing it longer and will probably be a better system as a whole. Plus, for those that think that Sony's will be free, don't count on it.

You can stream with your 360 because you can hook it up to your PC. More peripherals can be used on the 360 because let's face it, everything from an OS is Windows based.

Finally, the estimate of cost on the PS3 has been $500. Most have it going for anywhere between $600 and $700. Think I'll save a minimum of $100 and buy the 360 if I'm a consumer.

There is no doubt that Sony will remain the console king just because they've been in the game longer. However, the market share they once enjoyed will be a thing of the past.

redneckwreck
03-24-2006, 06:43 PM
Not a doubt, keeping my 360. Not gonna touch the PS3, but might get a revolution just to play the Zelda game comin out. I used to be a big fan Zelda like the Ocarina of Time back in the day, and Windwaker. I would be ashamed to not even play the new one comin out. I'm not a nerd, I barily even go to these forums. But I just wanna hear about the next gen games and all that jazz. I love me my 360. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Bboy_toprocker
03-24-2006, 08:40 PM
RWRealmXBOX:
Wow you can really clear messes up.
Let's talk bout the online service shall we?, I was going to school today and was thinking about how at least 80% of all the computer-involving industry is controlled my microsoft or uses microsoft's products mostly, and then it comes the internet, I mean, how many of us doesn't use Internet Explorer?, I don't know many who use other web surfer, most of the worlds computers have Windows, and I can keep on going but you know where this will end at, that microsoft has the advantage due to the vast internet experience wich sony doens't know (they're radio guys and TV guys for god's sake)
in all that matters microsoft has the advantage in the computer's world by most, that means that the 360 is more user friendly, more reliable, etc. than the PS just because microsoft's been leading the game for so long, and after all a console is just a super computer isn't it?

I would like to ask RWRealmXBOX if you could tell me wich format does Xbox 360 games come at? DVD or HD DVD

I thought they came in DVD format and that microsoft was gonna deliver a HD DVD player for the Xbox 360 later on.

The blu-ray disc is a fact, even if the PS3 could get to be as expensive as the 360 the game's would cost a ****load of money, I mean, 1000 bucks for a game it's like with 5 game's you buy you'd have bought another console, it's stupid and at least I as a consumer wouldn't dare to pay as much for a silly game, no matter how cool. The blu-ray disc is gonna be a biaTcH for sony all the way to the end of the PS franchise, just becasue that'll be their doom.

And yeah I don't think the ps3 could be 20% better than the 360, I remember fighting with my friends bout the specs of the 360 over the ps3 when they came out on paper, let's say that if you just know how to count and you know wich numbers are higher and wich are lower you'd see that the xbox 360 is way over the ps3 (and that was when the ps3 was in a previous development kit).

The only thing I think they have in favour is the AGEIA SDK, altough it's not even the PPU just the development kit, but I think the 360 has the SDK too so I wouldn't worry.

Bboy_toprocker
03-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Alright, UPDATE:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/668/668446p1.html

I just read this it's the TOP 10 REASONS TO WAIT FOR THE PS3

In one of those it mentions 1080p...altough there's an article in IGN that says those suckers couldn't make it to 1080p but just to 1080i...I mean, not even 20% of the US has a 1080p TV...

Another of the reasons is MGS4 but I won't get into that...Adult undergardments

Blu-ray disc, so much yare yare about the next gen DVD player...I bet there's at least 2 years b4 DVD start coming in blu-ray format or HD DVD, and also, that's their biAtcH, they're having so much trouble with the blu-ray matter I can't stop laughin

They say that there's no killer app at the launch of the 360...ejem, excuse me, but we're chatting at the xbox 360's killer app forums, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Then it comes Rainbow Six Vegas
Then Splinter Cell Double Agent
Ops sorry sony I didn't know I had to keep this a secret http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

They talk about the conectivity issue...they say you can plug anything into the console...same on the 360 suckas, and it just doens't have the mem stick port (for cameras), what the hell, put the mem stick in the cam and then connect the friggin camera, what's the problem?...bunch of couch potatoes.

Seven Player Wireless Support...duh...So much for 3 more kids sitting on you couch eating your pizza, most of us don't even make it to filling in the 4 ports of the 360, in my country there's not many people that has the console and well, no game controllers for rent yet. I again, "who want's to play a boomerang match of 7 people?" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Almost total Backwards compatibility...Top play Tekken and MGS...alright then, it's your choice, but you can either pick a wacky Tekken against a next gen DOA, and a Third Age MGS against the best tactical shooters in the world (GR, RS, SC)...anyway it's up to you.

Keep on posting I'd like this thead to be well known hehe

Oh and btw does anybody know how to changet the theme for my xbox? I keep on seeing different themes in my hard drive but just don't know how to apply them. thanks

CAmoreno
03-26-2006, 10:41 PM
Bboy_toprocker: to change your theme press on your xbox symbol and go to personal settings, you will find themes in there.

Bboy_toprocker
03-26-2006, 10:43 PM
Thanks very much.
Keep on posting ideas bout the ps3

zwaany
03-27-2006, 01:38 AM
Who really cares which system is better? I don't. I love my xbox 360 and will only ever own a 360 thats because I have no use for the other 2 however if they are better good for them. Microsoft is a great company who treats there customers well IMO. Im looking forward too alot of games for the 360 and I know most of us really wants splinter cell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. Here is 3 cheers to the xbox live community Hooray hooray hooray http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Zwaany

IC_Shinobi
03-27-2006, 03:20 AM

Yes, the AGEIA SDK is available for the 360 platform, and yes GRAW uses it on the 360.

Bboy_toprocker
03-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by IC_Shinobi:

Yes, the AGEIA SDK is available for the 360 platform, and yes GRAW uses it on the 360.
I KNEW IT! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

SkyCoolJ
03-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Whats up, I got the 360 about 8 weeks ago and dumped my PS2

SkyCoolJ
03-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Whats up, got the 360 about 8 weeks ago and dumped my ps2 and man i got to say that 360 is so much better then the ps2 but now saw the ps3 is coming out, now i dont like sony but i may just get it and find out what its like ‚£400 so what thats nothing i have the PSP GBA GAMEBOY DS game cube ect ect

Bboy_toprocker
03-28-2006, 08:19 PM
I was starting to think bout getting the ps3 too but my friends just told me it was dumb because I already have the 360 and the ps3 is not gonna par up to the 360.

Word up