PDA

View Full Version : The unpredictable tazer gun and pings (PC)

I_eat_soynuts
03-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Please someone enlighten me on how to hit consistantly with the tazer gun. 80% of the time I shoot the thing at a spy dead-on and it does nothing. Even at close range.

When it works I think its one of the Mercs most powerful weapons.... so what's the trick?

Which leads me to my next point:
Is it just that I'm lagging bad on the server and the shot isn't registering??
I have a Speakeasy DSL line, so my connection is solid overall. But why is it we can't see how well we ping to these various servers? It seems like a huge oversight to me.

Thoughts?

I_eat_soynuts
03-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Please someone enlighten me on how to hit consistantly with the tazer gun. 80% of the time I shoot the thing at a spy dead-on and it does nothing. Even at close range.

When it works I think its one of the Mercs most powerful weapons.... so what's the trick?

Which leads me to my next point:
Is it just that I'm lagging bad on the server and the shot isn't registering??
I have a Speakeasy DSL line, so my connection is solid overall. But why is it we can't see how well we ping to these various servers? It seems like a huge oversight to me.

Thoughts?

HarvenDEJ
03-27-2004, 11:13 PM
I really like the Tazer also... sometimes it works.. sometimes it does not.. notice how the Demo has a more advanced game browser than the full version.. aha!

Jess_Hun
03-27-2004, 11:18 PM
are you guys xbox or pc? on pc i just noticed that the range is very short an it only registers the second you fire it... after that if you run up to them it does nothing ... even thought there is still the lectro graphic out their.. astleast thats what it seems like.

its the same for the grab from behind with the spy.. have to be right on to get it to happen right at the right angle