PDA

View Full Version : Umm... why is everyone at 90% fatigue?

Liddabit
11-13-2007, 12:42 AM
I was hunting a convoy and saved my game, and came back to it a little later and now my crew is all at 90% fatigue and I Can no longer chase the convoy. As far as I know I wasn't in battlestations or silent mode...how did everyone get so fatigued? I'm submerged now with everyone passed out cold except for the current watch ala das boot in the storm :P
Is there anyway for the entire crew to sleep?

Liddabit
11-13-2007, 12:42 AM
I was hunting a convoy and saved my game, and came back to it a little later and now my crew is all at 90% fatigue and I Can no longer chase the convoy. As far as I know I wasn't in battlestations or silent mode...how did everyone get so fatigued? I'm submerged now with everyone passed out cold except for the current watch ala das boot in the storm :P
Is there anyway for the entire crew to sleep?

K_Freddie
11-13-2007, 01:13 AM
Somewhere in the Pacific, 1942.

Commander Liddabit and her crew are chasing an outbound convoy and within a few minutes will be in attack position.
She turns starboard 30 to bring the sub around on the convoys port bow, goes into battlestations... weewow weewow weewow the siren goes as the crew scramble into their positions.... THEN

...The whole crew have fallen asleep at their posts. Commander Liddabit is hanging onto the periscope like a drunken hillbilly. One of the crew has fallen asleep with his head in the heads. The scope comes down and Liddabit falls on the floor - out cold. The watch crew can barely keep their eyes open.

Strangely enough the sub propulsion system is suffering from the same incurable effects, and the submarine slows down to a snails pace. The convoy moves on unaware that that they have been saved once again by.....

The developers and some mods bad assessment of crew management and fatigue effects.... hah hah hah harrrrrrrrr.... me maties

Liddabit
11-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Hahahaha funniest thing ever http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif!!

Except that I was wide awake screaming at everyone when I got that cannot comply message! Yes you can comply! you can comply alot faster! Now now now!

I don't have any mods though =/ I deactivated the water mod cause I did it wrong, going to try again after I get back to base :P

dgrayson
11-13-2007, 05:50 AM
Sounds like you left your crew at battle stations. Stand them down, give them a little rest and your boys will then be happy to comply with your orders.

d

glenninoz
11-13-2007, 06:39 AM
Submerge at least once every day or two for about 6 hours and all the crew can get some well earned rest. Works for me .

aanker
11-13-2007, 11:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Liddabit:
Is there anyway for the entire crew to sleep? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This is really two issues. One is after reloading a save the fatigue level sometimes is way up. One of the Romanians told me to avoid this bug don't save within 1/2 hour before or after a watch change. Although I never got back to him and even though I took his advice; that didn't solve the problem. It still happens with no rhyme or reason. So, I've been saving around 0230 hrs now (and on the surface so the dive planes appear correctly) and after a couple watch changes the crew is back to normal.

The other issue is the "can not comply" bug that happens occasionally whether or not the crew is at battle stations. I've had to ring up battle stations to wake them up to get the boat moving and after securing again they were fine. These are just a couple of issues I've learned to live with in SH4.

Basically my solution is that I just don't save or reload a save if anything important is going on.

Happy Hunting!

Art

Edit... at least it's better than SH2 (Pacific Aces) ... you can save and reload a save in SH4. Although I liked Pacific Aces, for the game to run correctly you had to do an entire patrol (because of the SH2 save game bug) in one sitting which made for some l-o-n-g sessions! lol

RangerX3X
11-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Fatigue is the one black mark on the SH series in my view.

I wanted to play a sub sim; not a post the watch sim.

It would be good for the developers to either completely automate the crew rotation to keep the player out of it or do away with fatigue all together.

Waste of disc space.