PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Guide Available?

Magma
03-28-2005, 03:38 PM
I am enjoying Silent Hunter III but never spent much time with sub sims, or understanding subs in general. My time has been spent with flight sims mainly. Anyways, is there a strategy guide available for purchase or any comprehensive guide available on the web. I am most concerned with locking and hitting a target.

The easiest way of course is with the periscope, but even then I miss a lot. I get a good angle on the target (with a constant green triangle) and am within 1000-2000m undetected, but still miss consistently.

Secondly, how does targeting using the hydrophone work? There is no tutorial or any other way to actually target a ship without the periscope is there? There doesn't seem to be any indication of range to target using the hydrophone only direction.

And lastly, I keep hearing about this ship recognition manual as if it is a physical manual? How can I get ahold of one of these? Is it offered by Ubi?

Thanks!

Magma
03-28-2005, 03:38 PM
I am enjoying Silent Hunter III but never spent much time with sub sims, or understanding subs in general. My time has been spent with flight sims mainly. Anyways, is there a strategy guide available for purchase or any comprehensive guide available on the web. I am most concerned with locking and hitting a target.

The easiest way of course is with the periscope, but even then I miss a lot. I get a good angle on the target (with a constant green triangle) and am within 1000-2000m undetected, but still miss consistently.

Secondly, how does targeting using the hydrophone work? There is no tutorial or any other way to actually target a ship without the periscope is there? There doesn't seem to be any indication of range to target using the hydrophone only direction.

And lastly, I keep hearing about this ship recognition manual as if it is a physical manual? How can I get ahold of one of these? Is it offered by Ubi?

Thanks!