PDA

View Full Version : sh4.exe application error(0xc0000005)

TuNoTTo
08-08-2008, 05:05 AM
Hello,
I installed and patched 1.4 when i open game i got error
sh4.exe - Application Error
The application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000005). click on OK to terminate the application.
then i uninstall game and gameshadow and try to reinstall but got same problem. and try update vga and direx x 9.c driver to lasted version but still error.
I don't know how to fix it please help me
i really need to play it.
Sorry for my english is not very well
-----------------------------------------------------------
cpu: AMD athlon[TM] XP 1700+ 1.46 GHz
ram: 1 GB
vga: asus radeon 9550ge 256mb 128bit
vga driver: omaga driver last version or ATI catalyze 8.7
sound onboard: sound max driver 5.12.1.3663
I know my computer spec is too low. i hope i can play it with this computer.

Thank alot

TuNoTTo
08-08-2008, 05:05 AM
Hello,
The application failed to intialize properly (0xc0000005). click on OK to terminate the application.
then i uninstall game and gameshadow and try to reinstall but got same problem. and try update vga and direx x 9.c driver to lasted version but still error.

Thank alot

TuNoTTo
08-08-2008, 05:19 AM
i got gameshadow v2.50

RockinRobbins
08-08-2008, 07:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TuNoTTo:
Hello,

Thank alot </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When you uninstall, some files could be left behind in your Wolves of the Pacific folder. Manually delete the folder after uninstall and try it again. Gameshadow should be irrelevent here and not keep SH4 from loading.

Your machine is very marginal for running SH4. You might have better luck with 2gb or RAM. That would be a great idea for speeding up your machine in any event.

Yooperbacker
08-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Hello TuNoTTo,
There is a web site you can go to that will test your computer and see if you can run SH4. I don't think this will fix your problem but it will give you an idea about how well it will run it.
The site is called "Can I Run It" Click here (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/bonus/t/sysinfo_intro.tmpl?PHPSESSID=60fb49678ba5b053ab05a 350b020be14&registration_option_id=4363&submit2.x=66&submit2.y=21&submit2=Go) to go to that site and let us know what it says.

TuNoTTo
08-08-2008, 10:16 AM
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1923/specan2.png

I try to uninstall, delete folder and reinstall it. but can't fix anything. this computer can play faces of war, call of duty with out any problem. i have no idea to fix it.
I really need to play this game.

Thanks for help.

Maverick_U2007
08-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Welcome to The Forum.

I will give you my thoughts on the problems that you are experiencing.

You can spend time and effort on trying to fix them, something that you will accomplish with a complete re-install of the game having first wiped every trace of SH4 from you computer. If you are computer 'savvy' thn you will know how to rid your system of SH4 completely.

Hving fixed the game and installed it you will then be very disappointed because the game will 'just about run'.

Your RAM is at the lowest that you could use to use the game and your CPU will simply 'struggle'.

As the 'Test' you display in your post shows, your system fails. SH4 is the most graphics/power hungry/RAM demanding game that I have played.

My belief is that you have to take the information given to you by the 'test' and consider upgrading your system

Maverick

Laurent_L
08-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Hello http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I have exactly the same problem.
SH4 does not run. I've bought SH4 last year and at the first installation everything was ok (great game), but since 2 months I have the 0xc0000005 error.

Any idea ?

My computer :
Windows XP - Service Pack 3
Intel Core Quad CPU 2,4 Ghz
2 Go RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS
Direct X 9.0c

I'v tried to reinstall SH4 but doesnt work... :/

Yooperbacker
08-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Hello Laurent L,
Make sure your Windows and drivers are all up to date. Some graphic drivers have been updated since you last played SH4. You might want to check them all the driver.
Not sure if that will fix your problem but at least you can say you are up to date and we can go from there.

Laurent_L
08-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Hello http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
I have all the latest drivers (Windows XP SP3, Nvidia graphics , sound...).

Yooperbacker
08-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Bump - Does anyone know how to help Laurent_L out. I am not that familiar with boot up problems.

Laurent_L
08-17-2008, 06:32 AM
Any idea ?

TuNoTTo
08-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Bump!!!

john_simmons
08-27-2008, 03:16 PM
I just bought the game today (I'm still at work andgame is sitting in the car), but...

Speaking as a programmer, the error he's getting is due to the program trying to use an uninitialized pointer. Since he just updated to 1.4, I suspect that the upgrade somehow went sideways, and either only partially completed, or is corrupted. I'd bet that a DLL is either missing or more likely, the wrong version.

If there's a method for completely cleaning SHIV off the system, I think that would be his best bet. And only then try to reinstall.

Laurent_L
09-15-2008, 12:01 PM
up