PDA

View Full Version : WHY OH WHY GEARBOX!!!

Gav0406
05-29-2008, 01:43 AM
OMG OMG I just saw the new gameplay movie of Brothers in Arms HH from UbiDays. Please tell me what made you to destroy Brothers in Arms series. What ????? Why is it called Brothers in Arms ????? It should be called Gears of wars in Arms for flip sake or Call stupid Duty but not Brothers in Arms. This 3d preson view is terrible, I see shooting is easy now I know I know kindergarden will recieve some free copies of BIA:HH. But you know what thank god for BIA: RTH30 and EIB .

Gav0406
05-29-2008, 01:43 AM
OMG OMG I just saw the new gameplay movie of Brothers in Arms HH from UbiDays. Please tell me what made you to destroy Brothers in Arms series. What ????? Why is it called Brothers in Arms ????? It should be called Gears of wars in Arms for flip sake or Call stupid Duty but not Brothers in Arms. This 3d preson view is terrible, I see shooting is easy now I know I know kindergarden will recieve some free copies of BIA:HH. But you know what thank god for BIA: RTH30 and EIB .

thereddbaron
05-29-2008, 06:13 AM
Well looks like we have another complainer.

Kid!, for christ sake there are some guilines on this forum,and i don't wanna be rude or anything, but you are not realy popular with the stuff you just said.You gotta keep in mind that this IS a Brothers in arms site dediacted to BIA,Not Gear of war.And if you dont like the game or anything else on this game,dont buy it, It's all up-to you..

Besides,there are some Forum manegers stalking the forums for more then i can remember,so Fire or M1 will close the topic,if you keep up your negitive waves..

Firefight700
05-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Redd, if you look, Gav just signed up the other day, and this was his first post. Now with that said, Gav, coming here just to whine isn`t going to cut it. You can be more constructive about it. Tell us what you don`t like and then tell us how to fix it or make it better.

But to just come and whine, I`m not going to put up with it. So be warned.

jhonny11
05-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Good point, everyone on this forum is looking forword for this game and so they signed up.
If you dont like the game why do you sign up on a forum that is created for Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway...

greets, jhonny

Sgt_Freeman.
05-29-2008, 12:50 PM
I do agree with him though because like I stated in another topic, there were a lot of things wrong with that video. His mouth doesn't move when he speaks if you are in third person. There was very repetitive dialog. The hand on the gun looks terrible. And other stuff. Gav was saying that from what he saw, this is not what he remembered playing in the past games. It isn't looking as authentic and it is seeming like the makers are making the game like Gears of War or Call of Duty to get more people to buy the game and not care so much about the former BIA fans. So I do understand where he is coming from.

thereddbaron
05-29-2008, 01:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sgt_Freeman.:
I do agree with him though because like I stated in another topic, there were a lot of things wrong with that video. His mouth doesn't move when he speaks if you are in third person. There was very repetitive dialog. The hand on the gun looks terrible. And other stuff. Gav was saying that from what he saw, this is not what he remembered playing in the past games. It isn't looking as authentic and it is seeming like the makers are making the game like Gears of War or Call of Duty to get more people to buy the game and not care so much about the former BIA fans. So I do understand where he is coming from. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay Freeman. I stand corrected. You and Cav do have a good point there.The game needs some tweaking here and there,but GEARBOX have to hurry up.August ls like....two months away from now, so hurry up.

jhonny11
05-30-2008, 08:25 AM
well if we make a list of detailes and send them to gearbox softeware maybe we get some real things to talk about.

greets, jhonny44

PattonBTK
05-31-2008, 09:03 AM
I love the 3P View, it's cool, for years they teased us with the 3P View offed on the external tank machine guns and on machine guns full stop, but now I imagine we'll be able to turn it on and off no matter where we are.

I imagine it's there to simmulate how we see things out of the side of our view, but seeing we look on a flat 2D plane (the Monitor) and not a curved 2D plane theres no real way to simmulate this unless they gave out curved monitors with the game!

I think it's A++ since I've viewed the vids and site, but I just hope there is a version for all us old XP guys who can't afford and don't want that Vista stuff.

~It takes atleast 16GB of RAM before we start seeing the improved segments and if the registers within the CPU(s) haven't got more 32-bit registers than their 32-bit counterparts it's really useless anyway to have a 64-bit anything really.

Yours Again, Crashoverride.

ltdog
05-31-2008, 10:20 AM
it simple. if you dont like it dont buy it.

the trailer was great but a bit gloomy and spooky.

PattonBTK
06-01-2008, 06:21 AM
But I do like it and that's the problem!

abnegnejs
06-17-2008, 08:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PattonBTK:
I love the 3P View, it's cool, for years they teased us with the 3P View offed on the external tank machine guns and on machine guns full stop, but now I imagine we'll be able to turn it on and off no matter where we are.

I imagine it's there to simmulate how we see things out of the side of our view, but seeing we look on a flat 2D plane (the Monitor) and not a curved 2D plane theres no real way to simmulate this unless they gave out curved monitors with the game!

I think it's A++ since I've viewed the vids and site, but I just hope there is a version for all us old XP guys who can't afford and don't want that Vista stuff.

~It takes atleast 16GB of RAM before we start seeing the improved segments and if the registers within the CPU(s) haven't got more 32-bit registers than their 32-bit counterparts it's really useless anyway to have a 64-bit anything really.

Yours Again, Crashoverride. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peripheral vision doesn't allow you to see behind corners, does it? And please, don't give me one of those "go join the marines if you want realism"-answers. Unless you're complete idiots, you know that complete realism is not what I'm asking for. But the Brothers in Arms series are supposed to be more realistic, instead of having a cover system that appeals to the Gears of War, R6 Vegas and Halo playing masses.

adarwinter
07-13-2008, 12:35 AM
i tend to completely agree with abnegnejs.
im sure there have been lotsa threads about this matter but as this is the latter i will post my thoughts here.

i love the cover system in GOW, uncharted, kane&lynch, mass effect but this game isnt fit for it at all. more than that it's a game that tries to show suppress-flank techniques and the cover system ruins it!
i truly believe that of all shooters this is one of the only games that loses more than gains from the cover system.

explanation:
one of the good things about suppressive fire is not just the fact that the enemy can not shoot at you. it's also the face that his head is in cover so he can't even look at you. he can't see you maneuver around him.
in the older BIA when u were suppressed u ducked out of harms way thus unabling u to see what is going on on the battlefield (its also a great shame the enemies in BIA games never maneuvered , flanked or attacked on their own initiative but that's a completely other thread...). this is one of those things that make it tense - being under pressure of fire.
this is the entire point of the BIA franchise, isn't it? the pressure of war of being under fire.
when u have a cover system than u can stay safe but still gave the comfort of observing the area, knowing what's going on and feeling very safe AND aware. it takes so much of the dramatic tension that BIA was all about.

another point against the cover system is that it requires a crasshair. that lack of crosshair in BIA was, back then, innovative to me. it felt so much more realistic to NOT have it so i need to use my gun the way it is being used IRL - down the iron sights. now with the cover system i can get 50 foot head shots without ever looking down the sights, not worrying about gun sway and learning how to use the iron-sights and holding my gun steady. now i can run and gun and firing from the hip (sort of speak). is that the real intention of the game? was this game supposed to go backwards like rainbow six did with it's cover system?

again - i love this cover system we see so often in games, but BIA is NOT the franchise to use it. sorry to say this but medal of honor airborne felt more like BIA than the videos we see of HH...

Eisner
07-14-2008, 12:18 AM
Like Itdog said, if you don't like it, don't buy it. And besides, I don't thinks it possible to make a bad BIA game.

Kloppstock90
07-14-2008, 02:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by abnegnejs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PattonBTK:

Yours Again, Crashoverride. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peripheral vision doesn't allow you to see behind corners, does it? And please, don't give me one of those "go join the marines if you want realism"-answers. Unless you're complete idiots, you know that complete realism is not what I'm asking for. But the Brothers in Arms series are supposed to be more realistic, instead of having a cover system that appeals to the Gears of War, R6 Vegas and Halo playing masses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont think the game will force you to use the coversystem! just dont press the button and thats it!

InAUGral
07-14-2008, 05:37 PM
I thought the same as you guys after first seeing that trailer but after seeing the E3 trailer I like it...except the fact it was the console version....What sort of difference??????????

abnegnejs
07-28-2008, 03:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eisner:
Like Itdog said, if you don't like it, don't buy it. And besides, I don't thinks it possible to make a bad BIA game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like the game, but not the cover system.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kloppstock90:
i dont think the game will force you to use the coversystem! just dont press the button and thats it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wish it was that simple. But unfortunately, that's like saying "if you don't like the moving buttons, don't use them". What I'm trying to say is, we need a cover system, but a different kind of cover system.