PDA

View Full Version : Glitch in the Rendezsvous mission (and how to work around it)

GravitasFailure
09-28-2007, 03:07 AM
A pretty annoying glitch has been found in the Rendezvous mission so, until it is fixed by a patch, here's what it is and how to avoid it.

Sometimes, when the player is supposed to land and pick up Marguerite, he lands, but nothing happens. This is NOT because the player landed too far or in a wrong position. If you have landed on that street, in any direction, and the plane is fully stopped, then the mission should continue. If it doesn't continue (you get a cut-scene, and then Marguerite is in your plane and you have to take off), it means you ran into the unfortunate glitch.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Bitebug2003/Roadblock_Paris.jpg

The problem occurs if the player destroys a certain guard tower (as pictured) before Marguerite runs into it. This is the guard tower that is before the one that's next to the river. So, if you simply let Marguerite find it first, and then you destroy it, you will be fine.

GravitasFailure
09-28-2007, 03:07 AM
A pretty annoying glitch has been found in the Rendezvous mission so, until it is fixed by a patch, here's what it is and how to avoid it.

Sometimes, when the player is supposed to land and pick up Marguerite, he lands, but nothing happens. This is NOT because the player landed too far or in a wrong position. If you have landed on that street, in any direction, and the plane is fully stopped, then the mission should continue. If it doesn't continue (you get a cut-scene, and then Marguerite is in your plane and you have to take off), it means you ran into the unfortunate glitch.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Bitebug2003/Roadblock_Paris.jpg

The problem occurs if the player destroys a certain guard tower (as pictured) before Marguerite runs into it. This is the guard tower that is before the one that's next to the river. So, if you simply let Marguerite find it first, and then you destroy it, you will be fine.

Xiolablu3
09-28-2007, 10:54 AM
I have a different glitch on this mission, the plane just will not land anywhere on that street.

I come in low and slow, press G to lower undercarriage, the plane either bounces along the road in the air, or appears to be taxying but never stops, just keeps flying. Its NOT because I havent got low and slow enough surely as I come in just as the road starts from teh garden at about 1 metre high, as slow as possible.

Then the inevitable 'I will have to go around again!'

I have tried to land over 30 times now, and nothing. Its as tho the road is not treated like a runway, I just cannot stop like on other runways.

I have tried from both ends, holding 'G' down, pressing 'G' just before landing, nothing.

Can anyone help me past this d*mn mission?

GravitasFailure
09-28-2007, 11:09 AM
I answered you in the other thread where you mention this problem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

qwertyuiop1994
09-28-2007, 05:01 PM
i blew up everything before she got there and i still picked her up

Free1976
10-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi guys ive got the same sort of prob when it comes to landing on the street i just cant get the gear down tryed diff keys/selection of 3 nothink works realy a pain. my pal has the same prob anyone out there got a get a round would be great thk u Free.
ps: got to that stage afew diff ways leaving towers blowing every think up b 4 still ends up the gear not comming down

GravitasFailure
10-03-2007, 02:27 AM
The landing gear doesn't work in the simulator controls at the moment. For now, you can switch to arcade controls to land. There is a patch coming in a few days that will fix this and many other issues.

Free1976
10-03-2007, 12:50 PM
ahh great thks alot

klw89
12-27-2008, 02:55 PM
I tried your fix, but it didn't work.

I don't work well under time constraints so I destroyed all of the towers except the one you specified before eliminating the patrol planes.

I even flew over it to make sure it was the right one. I waited until she reached it before I destroyed it. She told me to land and when I did, nothing happened.

Is the problem that I did not destroy all of the attackers, including the planes? The game did not necessarily instruct me to destroy attackers, just roadblocks so that she could reach safety.

What's wrong? I'm on the XBox 360.

klw89
12-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I figured it out.

I saw another forum post on this site that gave me the answer.

This is a game glitch to be addressed:

If you do not shoot down at least one (I think) of the planes attacking Marguerite during the chase, you will not be able to pick her up on the street. What screws some people up is that the game does not specifically instruct you to do so, and you will actually be instructed to land before you have done this.

aceofhearts9002
05-10-2009, 07:56 AM
I'm having the same prob where she just won't get in! Which solution is best? I've tried both ways.

klw89
05-10-2009, 10:32 AM
I would try to do both solutions at once (waiting to destroy the block in question and making sure you fight the planes before landing) . . .that's how I completed the mission.

gosgirl
05-15-2009, 02:27 AM
I even flew over it to make sure it was the right one. I waited until she reached it before I destroyed it. She told me to land and when I did, nothing happened.

jim97
02-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Wow i ran into this glitch years ago (actually havent been on the forums in months) and i knew other people had had the problem and never knew why in the end i started a new game and it didnt happen but its nice to finally find out why (lol i just randomly came to blazing angels 2 forum because i was bored and thought i might find my year old comment but found a thread all about the glitch) its cool to know what caused it all and has put my mind at rest http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jonesla9
10-04-2010, 04:42 AM
yeah it is cool to know what cause it

jim97
10-04-2010, 10:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jonesla9:
yeah it is cool to know what cause it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah definatley, its kind of a stupid glitch in the first place