PDA

View Full Version : Here we go: Mission Editor Question

SS_Bubblehead
03-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Searched already and can't seem to find much on this.

I havent even played a single player mission yet and I am already fiddling with the Mission builder. I just can't help it, I like control.

Anyway, I want to contol the editor but can't figure certain things out. I can place units, I understand events and triggers and maps areas and even the time filter but how do I play the mission in game.

I made a mission in the Black Sea (I hope its a mapped area). Saved it in Normal mode. Made a file named Black Sea in the SH3 folder/Singlemissions/Eng. Added my saved file to that folder and loaded the game, no dice, won't load. OK I am missing something big.

I know I have to merge with the camp data, how do I do this. I also noticed that other single missions have two files, an additional media file, is this the merged data?

Help!

SS_Bubblehead
03-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Searched already and can't seem to find much on this.

I havent even played a single player mission yet and I am already fiddling with the Mission builder. I just can't help it, I like control.

Anyway, I want to contol the editor but can't figure certain things out. I can place units, I understand events and triggers and maps areas and even the time filter but how do I play the mission in game.

I made a mission in the Black Sea (I hope its a mapped area). Saved it in Normal mode. Made a file named Black Sea in the SH3 folder/Singlemissions/Eng. Added my saved file to that folder and loaded the game, no dice, won't load. OK I am missing something big.

I know I have to merge with the camp data, how do I do this. I also noticed that other single missions have two files, an additional media file, is this the merged data?

Help!

SS_Bubblehead
03-19-2005, 11:18 AM
Well So far I think I figured a few things out, you dont have to merge your mission with anything. You should be able to just save the mission in normal mode and it should play. But it does'nt load. I can see the file name under the Singleplayer mission menu in the game but it contains no mission file even though I have saved the mission in that file.

Anyone?