PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else get this?

PacNW_CE
01-09-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure if I am being accused of wrecking a disc, or if this was just spammed to everyone with a Xbox 360 rental on their account.

Dear David,

Our records indicate that you recently rented an Xbox 360 game for the first time from GameFly. The Xbox 360 is a high-end gaming console, which uses state of the art mechanisms. As stated in the user's manual, it is important that the console not be moved in any way while a disc is in the tray. Moving the console from the horizontal to the vertical position and vice versa, picking up the console or shifting it in any way while a disc is in the tray may result in damage to the console, including scratches to game discs.

If you have further questions regarding the Xbox 360 console, please contact Microsoft at 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

GameFly Customer Service

PacNW_CE
01-09-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm not sure if I am being accused of wrecking a disc, or if this was just spammed to everyone with a Xbox 360 rental on their account.

Dear David,

Our records indicate that you recently rented an Xbox 360 game for the first time from GameFly. The Xbox 360 is a high-end gaming console, which uses state of the art mechanisms. As stated in the user's manual, it is important that the console not be moved in any way while a disc is in the tray. Moving the console from the horizontal to the vertical position and vice versa, picking up the console or shifting it in any way while a disc is in the tray may result in damage to the console, including scratches to game discs.

If you have further questions regarding the Xbox 360 console, please contact Microsoft at 1-800-4MY-XBOX.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

GameFly Customer Service

Jinx FD
01-09-2006, 03:33 PM
I've heard that, for people who return ruined discs from moving the 360 while it's on, Gamefly is sending them nasty letters recommending they get support from Microsoft and not letting them rent 360 games anymore.

G4H_KingNothing
01-09-2006, 03:36 PM
They sent that email to all customers. I also got it.

Ninj3r
01-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Happened to me. Just it was my game. Was a stupid accident which shouldn't have happened.

mixmastermatt
01-09-2006, 03:44 PM
I didn't get it. But then again, I haven't rented any 360 games from Gamefly.

PacNW_CE
01-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Ok, so it was spam. I haven't moved my 360 while it's been running, so I can't imagine I scratched a disc.

Loganissocool
01-09-2006, 07:35 PM
It is not spam but if you send back another scratched disc they will charge you for it.