PDA

View Full Version : [Official] Multiplayer Discussion Thread

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
08-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by CuZtds_Lst_Stnd:
Hi Guys,
I know a lot of the team that used to help me run the UBI Far Cry EU community servers, had been discussing what they wanted to see in Multiplayer for FC2.

Below is a list of what they came up with.
If you have anything you would like to see, please post it here, but dont duplicate items.

Thanks

EDIT: Please note the poll on what size maps you would prefer to play in MP found here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/3891099376)

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
08-23-2008, 09:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CuZtds_Lst_Stnd:
Hi Guys,
I know a lot of the team that used to help me run the UBI Far Cry EU community servers, had been discussing what they wanted to see in Multiplayer for FC2.

Below is a list of what they came up with.
If you have anything you would like to see, please post it here, but dont duplicate items.

Thanks

EDIT: Please note the poll on what size maps you would prefer to play in MP found here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/3891099376) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

kimi_
08-23-2008, 09:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UBW_Clivey:
Now we have seen a flamethrower, can the engie class have a fire extinguisher to put out there team mates? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe that'll be the medic? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

slugworth01
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fabulouscoops:
I don't want any more questions like "I clicked on multiplayer but nothing happens, please help." or "My CD key says it is in use." These things (patches, and having the right map) should be transparent to the gamer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coops has a great point. Look at what the majority of the posts are in the FC forums regarding MP, and make sure the above problem and the other top 10 (whatever they are) are not a problem with FC2.

hanz_h
General:
- Do NOT use invisible walls.
- Offer Linux dedicated server support
- Basicly integrate most features of XT (especially stuff like a good server admin panel etc).
- Support for custom content. Imho Cod 2 has excellent support for this because in Cod you will auto download any custom content on a server, whether it be a mod, map or anything else. Download location should be settable by server admins.
- Let server be able to put in custom map rotation, a mod as a map, without the client and server restarting (Clivey)
- Support a bigger amount of people in a server. 24 should be the least to strive for.
- Inlcude an african remake of airstrip (most of the map should be the same but in african setting). Other maps like mango are welcome to of course.
- Decrease the possibilities to change all kinds of video settings that are cheat sensitive.
- In the server listing, have the timer that refreshes every 1 min, so you know how long the game has left before joining it. (Clivey)
- Maybe consider a queue system. If its full, list next to the server name how many are waiting in the queue (Clivey)
- Have an anti-tamper anti-cheat system in place. Drop kick PB out the window and use something better (Ice-T)
- Have a vote-spamming defence system in place to stop undesirables constantly raising votes that stop other gamers from kicking them off the server (Ice-T)
- Patch and content distribution system - like Valve does with Steam (Slugworth)
- Don't skimp on bandwidth consumption - dedicated servers hardly ever hit network bottlenecks. Let the game server push more data to clients if the server admin wants to allow it. (Slugworth)
- CVAR lockdown - lock every CVAR in MP, then figure out which ones you need to allow changes to for normal game play and open only those. (Slugworth)
- Logging of players ingame chat to help admins deal with abusive players (Brimlad)
- Integrate a demo system so you can check people on a demo afterwards (Unreal)
- Keep first person spectator mode as in FC 1 (Unreal)
- Let crouching and proning cost stamina as well. It enhances a bit of realism and ends endless prone, get up, crouch combinations.
- Add a small delay when going prone. Maybe a small animated move. For example in GRAW I remember when going prone you made kind of a jump forward to get down and when getting up you'd get up on one knee first, then stand up fully.
- Coloured names in multiplayer, simular to farcry (Wags)
- Add a kill cam (Clivey)

Gameplay:
- Keep assault! [And make no changes (Unreal)]
- Obviously better balance in weapons. 1.4 had a go but was timed far too late after release, thus became a flop.
- Include 1.4 mapping team for map feedback. The one good thing that came out of 1.4 was the remake/fixes to the standard maps. They are now played far more then the 'old' standard maps. (Ok being a bit selfish here I'll admit http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif).
- Try and reward teamplay more. To give an example something that really worked for BF2142 is the revival tool. This will give a huge drive to stick near team mates. [Possibly revival should have a delay in it (Unreal)]
- To steal a little more from BF2142. I love the ability in their to create squads. The respawn tool is a big advantage. I like the ability to be able to spawn on a teamleader next to fixed spawnpoints.
- Another thing from BF2142: The ability to spot enemies so they'll show up on your team's rader for a short while.
- Xfire type of buddy list in multiplayer browser (yes again this also in BF. Sorry they just got a lot of stuff right imho http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif).
- Be really carefull with adding any rockets to multiplayer, especially as secondary fire. Easily creates an imbalance which will result in them being removed by an SSM.
- I think rocket launchers should be dropped from MP, but assault rifles with nade launchers are OK, as long as they (a) require skill to use, and (b) cannot be used to spam nade in quick concession. (Ice-T)
- Bot support in MP games (Slugworth)
- Keep the siron in Assault when flag is touched (Unreal)
- The respawn system in assault is the best used in any mp gameplay (Unreal)
- Mp maps should offer a wide variety of routes towards a flag/enemy (Unreal)
- Do not make Mp a 1 shot one kill game. I liked in FC 1 that it took a few bullets to kill someone (Unreal)
- A few small indoor multiplayer maps. (GodZ)
- Inbuilt Team Speak with a difference. If your player is near an opponent and that player is speaking to their team mates in their TS, you can here what he is saying to his team mates (Clivey)
- Allow players to pick up the weapons of dead players (IceT)
- Restrict Buildable objects to current active flag/base (IceT)
- The ability to call out for a medic when you're wounded (Umbongo)

Community and modding stuff:
- Stream more stats to web based clients as standard (Clivey)
- Distribute with the game a Clan folder. This would include, images/art work, themes, modules, plugins to capture the above stats and be for the more popular CMS (Clivey)
- Dont close off the ClassRegistry.lua to only have the standard Entities enabled. Add open ended entries that allow a mapper to add what every vehicle/skins/character/weapons they need to make their map feel right (Clivey)
- Distribute a client GUI app that enables a server admin to simply select score points, weapons settings etc with simple drop down/tick box/input box options (Clivey)
- Add a client GUI app that enables a modder to control things like vehicle speed/braking, velocity etc via a slide bar method that just writes the value to the lua file in the appropriate line (Clivey)
- Have a globally controlled authorised client "Custom Objects" folder that is PB'd and Modellers contribute content to via a managed service/website (Clivey)
- Ubi-public servers should have some human admins (Ice-T)
- Web-based server admin UI - better than the remote client UI like BF2 does. See UT2004 for examples. (Slugworth)
- Mod support - Modders need an SDK, good documentation, and developer support in order to get their mods completed. (Slugworth)

Bugs:
- End object glitching
- Repair difference between 1st player view and 3rd player view, (related to first).
- End cd-key issues.
- Much better netcode for multiplayer / improve server code efficiency

-=F&B=- Achilles

hanz_h
Some good suggestions here and there. I'll update the list soon.

-=F&B=- Achilles

IceT-Bag
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bongomast3r:
The ability to call out for a medic when you're wounded but it serves another purpose: if someone is t-bagging you when you do this, their ***** get bitten off. Imagine the healing animation for that.

Yep. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If that does happen, then for realism purposes, your cry for a medic would be muffled during the t-bagging, so it would sound like "help mmmff need a mmmfff medi-mmmfff"

IceT-Bag
Assuming that there is a MP aspect of FC2, and that there are classes of player (eg: engineer, grunt, sniper, etc)...

<span class="ev_code_RED">Allow players to pick up the weapons of dead players</span>
Maybe allow players to pick up a dead players weapon should they be out of/low on ammo.

Upon picking up the weapon, either:

1&gt; The player switches to the same class as the dead player (a bit like BF2)

...or...

2&gt; Instead of switching classes, the players accuracy with the weapon is reduced since they are now using a weapon that their 'class' isnt familiar with (assuming the dead person whose weapon you picked up was a different 'class').

<span class="ev_code_RED">Restrict Buildable objects to current active flag/base</span>
Assuming the 'assault' based MP is in FC2, and is based on FC1, restrict the buildable objects on the map to those around the current active flag.

This will stop those lamers who go engie and disappear to build stuff @ Flag 2/3 whilst their teammates are 1 or more men down defending Flag 1. It will encourage better teamwork, and deter selfish stat-padders.

R1ZN0
You saved the BEST suggestion for last IMHO... but..what do I know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Good Post achilles

R1ZN0
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UBW_Clivey:
Now we have seen a flamethrower, can the engie class have a fire extinguisher to put out there team mates? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Seriously though...can we?

No, ok. Well, how about this. Inbuilt Team Speak with a difference. If your player is near an opponent and that player is speaking to their team mates in their TS, you can here what he is saying to his team mates, but only you, not your whole team. Kinda of a Proximity driven TS. If you then say something to you team mates, he may also be able to hear you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isnt there a mod that came out a year or more ago that does exactly this for FC? I know I saw it posted on crymod back in the day. Its a cool idea would add a whole other insane level to clan matches...

fabulouscoops
Let's move on to another multiplayer topic. Remember, this forum is rated G.

fabulouscoops
Some of the biggies here are auto-updating of patches and in-game downloading of maps.

Stronger anti-cheat measures.

Far Cry Multiplayer is fantastic fun as long as you do not lag, drop packets, have poor hit detection, or play against any one of a dozen forms of cheater (from fhaez to rates). So improved netcode while keeping Assault mode and making sure people can actually get online without asking in this forum for help would go a long way to making FC2 a winner.

I don't want any more questions like "I clicked on multiplayer but nothing happens, please help." or "My CD key says it is in use." These things (patches, and having the right map) should be transparent to the gamer.

fabulouscoops

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From the gameplay footage I have seen, when you catch fire, you just pat your self on the arm and it goes out.

sky_skyclan
I like the idea of the kill cam. It would stop the "how the??" "where the??" and have the added advantage of detering campers. It shouldn't effect snipers too much as they should be far enough away that most players won't be able to do much about it.

bongomast3r
The ability to call out for a medic when you're wounded but it serves another purpose: if someone is t-bagging you when you do this, their ***** get bitten off. Imagine the healing animation for that.

Yep.

tu34
Well pretty good list. Most important imo :
-Fc1 style Assault mode + few oldschool map
-No rocket firing weapons
-Map autodownload
-No heavy vehicles

P.S.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
To steal a little more from BF2142. I love the ability in their to create squads. The respawn tool is a big advantage. I like the ability to be able to spawn on a teamleader next to fixed spawnpoints.
- Another thing from BF2142: The ability to spot enemies so they'll show up on your team's rader for a short while.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This things are not gonna work in Assault

Futzu
keep assault and try to recive the same feeling in the new multiplayer maps as in the old ones.

jasima2580
Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode Assault Mode http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

wags-
coloured names in multiplayer, simular to farcry

Portchyboy
MP:10 second action replay. While you spawn timer is ticking down, you get a 10 seconfd replay of how you got shot from the killers eyes, not yours.

It does two things:

1 It stops people in matches telling the others whats going on and where the player is going

2 It acts like a Visual PB video.

Disavantage, you can see where the killer is, if he's a sniper (so maybe not do it if they are a sniper class) Probably other problems with the idea, but hey its a forum for discussion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Modding: Have the gamemodes testable in the editor, something FarCry couldnt do, you had to keep coming out loading up FC, test, go back to the editor etc etc.

Definition of glitching in the list should be made clear that we mean that make sure the player model collision is better, no more guns poking through walls, bodies half in rocks so you cant shot them etc! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can sum this up in 2 words

KILL

CAM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Ignabold
OMG I can't believe that I forgot the fc rule 47b which HAS to be part of fc2 multiplayer ie anyone T-Bagging becomes invulnerable to incoming bullets http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Plus don't forget Ice's T-bag-O-meter

UBW_Clivey
LMAO Porky, I know, but sometimes you have to explain things to people as saying things like Kill Cam, Glitching or even the really obvious like Assault, isnt that obvious to some, even when they have the manual for FC sitting on their desk http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

UBW_Clivey

No, ok. Well, how about this. Inbuilt Team Speak with a difference. If your player is near an opponent and that player is speaking to their team mates in their TS, you can here what he is saying to his team mates, but only you, not your whole team. Kinda of a Proximity driven TS. If you then say something to you team mates, he may also be able to hear you.

UBW_Clivey
MP:10 second action replay. While you spawn timer is ticking down, you get a 10 seconfd replay of how you got shot from the killers eyes, not yours.

It does two things:

1 It stops people in matches telling the others whats going on and where the player is going

2 It acts like a Visual PB video.

Disavantage, you can see where the killer is, if he's a sniper (so maybe not do it if they are a sniper class) Probably other problems with the idea, but hey its a forum for discussion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Modding: Have the gamemodes testable in the editor, something FarCry couldnt do, you had to keep coming out loading up FC, test, go back to the editor etc etc.

Definition of glitching in the list should be made clear that we mean that make sure the player model collision is better, no more guns poking through walls, bodies half in rocks so you cant shot them etc!

Muhad
Third-player view, if in the game, would be rediculous.

hanz_h
Ok updated the initial list now.

Hopefully someone over at Ubi has a look at this and let us know what they're up to regarding the multiplayer aspect http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif.

-=F&B=- Achilles

hanz_h
No!

Achilles

R1ZN0
i hate comparing games to RL... but since we are on the subject, if I can't run jump in prone in RL then I sure as hell can't pull out bullet out of my hand with pliers and be allll better lol not to mention...what caliber bullet would just get lodged in your hand anyway lol .22 short?

R1ZN0
only if its not part of the game Cuz. I mean what could be better than watching myself in 3rd person godlike your flag ?? or rice paddie or hmmm what am i talking about FC2Mp is just a bunch of crossed fingers and toes at the moment

Sanndor
Can someone just answer 1 simple question? Will this game have Coop? I can't seem to find the answer to this anywehere. I am assuming no, since I don't see anything about it, but I just want to know if I should be saving up money and getting excited or searching for some other new game to play.

adarwinter
frankly im disapointed with the fact that FC2's MP will have separate maps like in every FPS game.
GTA IV did something bold and great, IMO, when it enabled the MP side be played on the entire map. GTA IV is an open world game and this is taken into account in the MP too. i truely believe that FC2 should have been played in the entire world map and have game modes that are kinda like what GTA IV has, where there is a certain randomness to them. this way it would have been the 1st FPS to have an open world MP and also keep the organic nature of venturing the savannah and fighting in it.

making the MP like FC1's MP seems like a mistake to me, even though i haven't played it myself.
and because i havent i need to ask a few questions -

what was assault mode that everyone are so excited about?

what is tea bagging?

adarwinter
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BIack0ps:
Someone said no prone block like in COD 4 well in real the life you cant go prone with your legs sticking through your wall which prone lock prevented it means there is no room to go prone. I have no intent on insulting PC gamers but on games ive played on PC and have seen videos of I just see people running and then immedialtly going prone and shooting at the person they saw which im glad to say does not happen on console much. jumping down and lying flat is a good idea but when I see people refusing to use cover and just lay down everytime they see someone is just stupid it might work but still cover works the same way instead of laying down in the middle of a road. In some MP modes I think there should be randomlly placed AI soldiers trying to prevent your team from completing the objective </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A) IRL if u stand with your back to a wall and want to go prone u wont put your hands where your legs are and expect to kick backwards with your legs through the wall! that's not what ppl mean when cursing prone block. IRL what u would do is kneel where u stand and put your hands 2 feet forward. makes more sense, doesnt it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

B) how come ppl in consoles dont go prone \stand\ prone as much as on PC? if it works the same than why isnt is used that much on consoles than?

i admit that its slightly abused in COD4 (i play on PC) but i hate bunny hopping so much more than this doesnt bother me. i prefer enemies going prone and firing than jumping out of cover and spray me in the head.
and yes - if going from standing to prone and visa verse was as slow as in reality it wouldnt have been abused. same as jumping and gunning.

BIack0ps
Going prone when being fired at is still on consoles but I thnik we prefer actual cover I will go prone when there is no cover I can get to in time. and the bunny hopping I dont dislike that as much but if play a game its going to be on hardest difficult like hard core on CoD4 bunny hopping and going prone barely can change the outcome unless your lucky

BIack0ps
Someone said no prone block like in COD 4 well in real the life you cant go prone with your legs sticking through your wall which prone lock prevented it means there is no room to go prone. I have no intent on insulting PC gamers but on games ive played on PC and have seen videos of I just see people running and then immedialtly going prone and shooting at the person they saw which im glad to say does not happen on console much. jumping down and lying flat is a good idea but when I see people refusing to use cover and just lay down everytime they see someone is just stupid it might work but still cover works the same way instead of laying down in the middle of a road. In some MP modes I think there should be randomlly placed AI soldiers trying to prevent your team from completing the objective

blade-bunny
I wonder how the weapon customization will be contra the singleplayer part.

marktw-gd
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_veg:
Nice list!
I love the idea to have a pause when going prone. Better yet another idea with that in mind would be a settling time where accuracy will be affected at first when proning then clear up in like a second or so. Not only is it more realistic but would eliminate the ridiculous practice of dolphin diving like moves (which give more accuracy without penalty along with making the person harder to hit).
On glitching: If you can see (fire and hit) someone then you should be seen and be hittable. Many times I have been able to shoot someone at they can't hit back, usually when I was at a higher elevation and I didn't realize I was in a glitchy position til I was yelled at http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif .
Veg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
Also make sure you can't jump from a prone position and when jumping your accuracy should go down as well http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cjay313
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fastdeutscher:
As long as there is TDM i'm happy as a clan leader.....also, predator mode must be something they brought to the console versions of the game; it wasnt there in the pc original which we happily played for 4 years, so i guess I wont miss it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Beleive me when i say it was amazing. The heart beat pulsing in your hands while the Pred drew near was just absolutly amazing. I really hope its included, just like how Halo has Juggernaut, hopefully UBI brings back Predator. I made a stand alone post on this forum about Predator mode. Check it out guys!

Cjay313
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SachielMF:
Cjay, that's exactly what I think. Getting rid of anything fantastic might be a fresh decision storywise but a multiplayer mode in Far Cry without predators just seems a little dull to me. Made the MP-part in Far Cry something unique. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I just hope the team hears us out and adds Predator Mode to multiplayer only. Even if its added later on with a update or DLC.

Cjay313
I know this game is taking a serious and realistic tone, but me and many of my Farcry Instinct Predator friends all want a Predator mode online. It was just so much fun to play and feeling the heart beat pulse in your controller when they drew near was awesome. I would love to see this mode again.

lego94
changing the sunject a bit. Servers will they be done with a host and everyone joins what causes lag or will the devolpers makes a bunch and post them on

lego94
their good ideas ynck. they did say that there bringing old gamemodes, in and a bunch of new ones so you never know what they could bring in.

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
http://forum.militarysos.com/images/smilies/bumpity.gif
Just putting this thread back on everyones radar; thanks for the reminder Ice...

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
3rd person for spectator or your character?

For your character 3rd person view could be considered cheating in MP...

teddybearabuser
Screw that deathmatch , ctf, whatever stuff.. soil for a cheaters and boring in general

WE WANT COOP GAME !

DEATHALONION
Maybe have a tripwire mine/grenade trap as a certian class however make all mines/traps etc defusable by knifing them . Nothing worse in bf2 than having to try walk around a clamore then have some noob kill you and him by running into it.

dont put the "prone blocked" from COD4 god that was very annoying

have a prone delay but not a crouch delay becuase then you might as well just strafe and shoot straight in their face takes the fun away IMO.

make the player more random in their movement so its more realistic make every step sort of differnt.

dont have all maps the same size make some very large and open and some small and crowded and some a mix to try to make the maps a little less similar

WTE_Drifter
The best way of avoiding people just staying prone is to make it impossible to fire while performing an action like going prone or getting up from prone

starwarsfan007
Yes, no more dirty layer-downers! lol

SachielMF
Cjay, that's exactly what I think. Getting rid of anything fantastic might be a fresh decision storywise but a multiplayer mode in Far Cry without predators just seems a little dull to me. Made the MP-part in Far Cry something unique.

the_veg
Nice list!
I love the idea to have a pause when going prone. Better yet another idea with that in mind would be a settling time where accuracy will be affected at first when proning then clear up in like a second or so. Not only is it more realistic but would eliminate the ridiculous practice of dolphin diving like moves (which give more accuracy without penalty along with making the person harder to hit).
On glitching: If you can see (fire and hit) someone then you should be seen and be hittable. Many times I have been able to shoot someone at they can't hit back, usually when I was at a higher elevation and I didn't realize I was in a glitchy position til I was yelled at http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif .
Veg

ynck
What's up with that prone thing? I have played far cry but never had problems with it.

"people running and then immedialtly going prone"

I know that from battlefield 2, it's called dolpin diving. It's annoying, but in battlefield you easily kill them with a pistol round in the head. When the guy is far away just throw a nade.

I always thought dolpin diving was fake, but the newest Rambo proved me wrong (yes, it was pretty realistic).

Then the multiplayer:

I hope there will be some cool gamemodes that fit this game.
Being a big battlefield 2 fan, I want to see tactical team based gamemodes. (But knowing that they want multiplayer like cod4 I think I'm going to be dissapointed.)

I think assault fits that role perfectly, altough I would make it a bit different.
So here's what gamemodes I had in mind (probably too late but whatever):

Ambush
One team has a few vehicles and a big truck loaded with let's say ammo. They need to bring the big truck to a base. The other team will of course need to destroy the truck. The ambush team will also have some vehicles but a lot less.

Assault
Like FC 1 there's a defending and a attacking team. However there are no flags, instead there is a diamond mine/pipeline/fuel depot/ammo depot or something like that. Of course only for the defending team. The attacking team needs to destroy that/those.

Double assault
Both teams have a diamond mine/pipeline/ammo depot/fuel depot or something like that. The team that completes his objective the fastest wins. They will both need to attack and defend.

Tell me what you guys think.

bibble3
I think that Far Cry is the best game ever made but, there are a few features that are very annoying.

Like in the T.S. series
I always wished that you could put A.I. bots on player created maps.
We should have the choice of what weapon to start players off with in the map editor.
We should be able to have 1 player respawn point instead of the minimum of 8.
We should be able to have 1 take over zone instead of the minimum of 3.
And like in G.R.A.W., amongst other games
We shouldn't have to stay at the zone once engaged.

Sir.Diealot_swe
Nice list! maby time to make this one a sticky? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

fastdeutscher
So what exactly was the predator? Was is just the other team or what?

fastdeutscher
As long as there is TDM i'm happy as a clan leader.....also, predator mode must be something they brought to the console versions of the game; it wasnt there in the pc original which we happily played for 4 years, so i guess I wont miss it.

OV3RS1GHT
CTF game mode in the grass plains. Since fire is a major part of FC2, it would be interesting to see game tactics in capturing and holding flag points depending on wind direction.

franatieu2008
Make sure that when u fix ur map and then u save that its not making a new map but its saving in ur old map. I had like 10+ version of my first map because I fixed it severals time and each time it was making a new map.

potter_025
Can you create your own character in multiplayer?

Schweddy_Balls
Same here! I want to see co-op with BOT support and a good AI. This is sooo much fun to play this way!

hanz_h
ynck does have his facts straight mate. Although hardly any information is released yet as to what we ARE going to get, the things mentioned by ynck will definitely not be in the game. The list is all confirmed information.

Also it is confirmed that MP servers will not be larger then 16 players.

Achilles

IceT-Bag
Its probably too late in the development stage now, but assuming in MP you can shoot whilst jumping (as per FC1), it would be nice for Server Admins to have the ability to disable shooting whilst jumping.

This will put a stop to any 'bunnies' that plague other games (ie: COD4 and CS). Atleast this idea would cater for fans of realism - as limited as that realism may be.

R1ZN0
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jorge-Fonseca:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ynck:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by imstreet:
Co-op mode where you explore the entire map with a friend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry man, but there are a few things that are not going to happen:
-Mutants
-Jack Carver
-Split-screen
-Co-op
-Ai for map editor
-Weapon attachments
-Predator mode
-Predators
-Feral powers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry but you don't know jack **** about the MP because nothing has been announced so your statement is merely an opinion and not a fact, so next time don't forget to add that instead of making statements </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah actually they did state publicly some of the things he mentioned and maybe all... so simmer down there.

adarwinter
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IceT-Bag:
Its probably too late in the development stage now, but assuming in MP you can shoot whilst jumping (as per FC1), it would be nice for Server Admins to have the ability to disable shooting whilst jumping.

This will put a stop to any 'bunnies' that plague other games (ie: COD4 and CS). Atleast this idea would cater for fans of realism - as limited as that realism may be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as much as i agree and really hate shooting+jumping it seems that FC2 WILL have jumping+shooting (judging from how the gun is pointing forward when u jump in FC2) and it wont be a toggled option. i have never seen a game that has one typo of mechanic in SP and another in MP. its usually the same.

SpyingScissors
I'm worried about the multiplayer component. I mean, how many screenshots and videos of the SP do they need to show us? I feel like I've seen the whole thing. MP is all I'll care about, and at this point, I feel as if they are hiding a relativley underdeveloped MP. Enough SP. Let us know you have broadened the MP aspect.

imstreet
Co-op mode where you explore the entire map with a friend.

Cjay313
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fastdeutscher:
So what exactly was the predator? Was is just the other team or what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There could be 1-4 Predators. They were super fast, Jumped really high, and could slash mercenaries. They also didn't receive damage from massive falls. Also their character models were mutants with ripped clothes. Just imagine hiding/running from a Predator and the only indication that it was getting close was the heart beat like rumble in your controller. It was just so suspenseful. The only way to defeat them was to find the Sonic Alarm Generator that made a sonic noise that can kill them. The Mercs had to have at least 1 man next to the generator to keep it counting down from a timer. Mers had only 1 life unless a team mate made it to a radio which brought dead Mercs back in 15 seconds. The Predators also had a special vison that allowed them to see human and their trails in a yellowish tint. This vision was limited, because it would make it to easy to find the Mercs. So the Predators could only be stopped momentarily with massive damage, such as getting hit by a vehicle or blown up. Its just a great mode.
Seeing the Preds run and hop toward you at high speeds was just amazing, the thrill or being hunted my other players was just so dam fun.
I had made a Silent Hill map , and to see the Preds just run through the fog toward you was so sweet!

Cjay313
Many many game modes! And custom game modes!

Jorge-Fonseca
i pray for splitscreen versus

Jorge-Fonseca
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ynck:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by imstreet:

-Mutants
-Jack Carver
-Split-screen
-Co-op
-Ai for map editor
-Weapon attachments
-Predator mode
-Predators
-Feral powers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry but you don't know jack **** about the MP because nothing has been announced so your statement is merely an opinion and not a fact, so next time don't forget to add that instead of making statements

hem_dazon_90
does the 360 have splitscreen so my brother and i can machete each other

lego94
no problem

lego94
who here thinks that the multiplayer on far cry 2 is gonna have problems, like being very laggy or gonna need quite a few patches.

what do you think?

lego94
really they should be able to have custom sets with what ever weapons you want. if they can do it in the single player they should be able to do it in the mulitiplayer. i can just imagine burning down someones map.

also what sort of ranks do you think will be in the multiplayer if their is ranks. (fingers cross there is)

lego94
who here is confused about multiplayer because i am. their is things i dont get. if you dont mind may you read them and answer back. thank you.

1)how will games modes work do you choose what you want on your map like TDM or CTF. because that is what they done in far cry am i right.

2)how much do you think it will be like cod4 in ways like the classes and before you start a game where your all waiting for intermission to end (personally i liked that).

3)how much will the multiplayer be based on africa. like game modes will they be african style,

lego94
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick123...:
cod4 multiplayer is absoloute brilliant. been playing it since it was released last year. does anyone know when they are goin to release multiplayer info for far cry 2 ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
if im right it will probably be realeased at leipzig on the 20th to the 24th of august.

ynck
I was playing Far Cry online and I get really (insert dirty word) off by severs with 'we hate snipers' 'player ... is using noobtube'.
And players who say noob al the time. So I spend most of the time on servers which are just about fun.
IMO there are no noob weapons, however there can be unbalanced weapons or dumb players who get killed by the same weapon all the time.

Some other thing I noticed is the lack of vehicles in Far Cry multiplayer. Far Cry vehicles can be a lot of fun.

So now up to Far Cry 2:

Looking at Far Cry 2 there are some weapons which can easily cause for huge casualities (Carl gustav, milkor, flamethrower etc.),
I'm guessing that right after the release threads like 'Grenade launcher=noob' 'Rpg overpowered' etc pop up.

I hope that 'the player will be able to play as he likes' will also count for multiplayer.
I'm hoping for team-based multiplayer on medium/big maps, with of course all vehicles and weapons.
Maps should be pretty big because then grenades launchers will take more skill,
if you do get killed by them you're not moving enough or you were way too close.

A lot of people want assault, I must say I didn't enjoy it. I would like to see assault, but different.
I didn't like it because there's not much tactics in it, the only tactic is the human wave tactic.
Also what do you expect people will do with IED's? Other reasons I don't like it is: not much freedom and it
kinda encourages camping.

I think the missions/objectives that you have in singleplayer should come back in team-based multiplayer.

ynck
I heard they want awards/ranks like battlefield 2 or call of duty 4. So I think so.

ynck
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick123...:
are the weapon upgrades only in single player or are they in multiplayer too ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you'll unlock weapons and upgrades in multiplayer. Nothing is said though.

ynck
I think it should be like far cry. Where you can customise a bit. I think if you'll be able to completly customise, it might get unbalanced.

I hope all weapons will be available. I don't care about "noobtubes". If you get killed by it you're either to close or you're not moving enough.

ynck

Anyway, was trying to play Vietcong 2 mp demo (unfortanly my internet is ******ed). There were somethings that Far Cry 2 really needs, which was also in Far Cry but IMO Vietcong 2 took it a step further:

-Character customization
In Vietcong 2 you could choose head (with different skins), headgear, voice and glasses+gasmask. Which I think is perfect.

-Classes customization
This is bassicly the same as in Far Cry, you have a number of classes which have special weapons you can choose from. Hope we will see this too, and of course you'll need to unlock the exotic stuff (M249 SAW, USAS-12, Gustav, AR-10 etc.) just like singleplayer.

Lean and peak
While this is not really only for multiplayer, I really liked the lean and peak in Vietcong 2 demo. I used this more then the prone, which I didn't use at all.

ynck

-Mutants
-Jack Carver
-Split-screen
-Co-op
-Ai for map editor
-Weapon attachments
-Predator mode
-Predators
-Feral powers

ynck
'sorry but you don't know jack **** about the MP because nothing has been announced so your statement is merely an opinion and not a fact, so next time don't forget to add that instead of making statements'

O REALLY? You just lost my respect.

From IGN:

'May 29, 2008 - Far Cry 2, Ubisoft's upcoming open world shooter set in Africa, will feature 16 player multiplayer in addition to its single-player game. Eurogamer reports that Far Cry 2's multiplayer game will feature "persistent rewards and experience levels like Call of Duty 4."

Gamers hoping for online co-operative play will be disappointed to learn that co-op is not in Far Cry 2. Patrick Redding, the game's designer, said that the online multiplayer will have different classes to choose from, but there is no word yet on how extensive and different these classes are from one another. '

The other statements are right too, only split-screen and weapon attachments is a little vague.

Split-screen not because they said all version will be identical. No weapon attachments is a bit confusing because there will be weapon upgrades which they call 'manuals'.

There will also be no prone, no demo and no beta.

nick123...
are the weapon upgrades only in single player or are they in multiplayer too ?

nick123...
i relly h8 the idea of classes because they are so boring. one of the reasons i did not buy BF2 is because u couldnt customise ur classes. PLZ PLZ PLZ be able to customise your weapons and classes

nick123...
cod4 multiplayer is absoloute brilliant. been playing it since it was released last year. does anyone know when they are goin to release multiplayer info for far cry 2 ?

nick123...
THANK YOU !!!!

pavelfire
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lego94:
who here thinks that the multiplayer on far cry 2 is gonna have problems, like being very laggy or gonna need quite a few patches.
what do you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
To be honest i expect some serious issues if multiplayer servers would be common for all platforms, because then will each side blame another side for advantages and so one...
So I think it would be better have it splited, pc and console servers separately.
And first of all, good cheat protection.!!! Server code would be hopefully better than on original FC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

eklipz08
I would like to see something around what ynck suggested diamond mines/pipe lines etc that teams will need to Destroy in simple definition SEARCH AND DESTROY. Definitely need to have SD.

I would also like to see players able to customize the look of there Characters. From what clothes they wear down to scars and tattoos! Cause lets face it your a Mercenary.

But, here's the catch you need to have basically two factions against each other. So make the factions have something that separates them from the rest. So the Mercenaries will have there customizations and the Other faction will have theirs.

This eliminates having that terrible colored name that comes up in your cross hairs which is lame if your trying to hide in that tall grass http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Oh... i have not see this game type since cs1.6 but how about a VIP? Move him/her down a river or accross a safari. Maybe make them a reporter that has a bounty on their head from a Warlord.

eklipz08
Im very glad that they decided to go with this approach. Realism is something that should always be striven for.

hanz_h
Ok it is confirmed today by LP clearly. Far Cry 2 will feature 4 multiplayer gamemodes:
Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch
Capture the Flag (or Diamond?)
Uprising (V.I.P)

Source: Gamesports interview posted here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/9501077186).

No Assault. I guess a massive disappointment for at least 800 people who signed the petition, but probably put in a factor 10 to get the actual number of people that are let down.

Well at least we can look forward to some really renewing and refreshing gamemodes!

Achilles

R1ZN0
Too bad assault came out in 2004....

R1ZN0
WoW WoW WoW For a Single Player Game to break so much ground and then just go back to the junk drawer for **** *** game modes... what a bunch of lamers.... FC2 Mp FAILURE

Maybe we don't get FC Assault but damn give us something new and improved not just rehashed gamemodes from 1999..... bah

Icecube1137
honestly though, they REALLY need to have an option to kick people out of your game.

far cry instincts predator almost drove me insane because the game was SO infested with pre-pubescent 11 year old ******BAGS screaming into the mic and teamkilling and there was nothing you could do about it b/c you couldnt kick them.

Jorge-Fonseca
yeah the mp seems very very lacking. I expected to see a more complex mp, I definitely will want to see some sort of HQ / assault/ commandpost/ kind of game, Sure Deathmatch and teamdeathmatch are fun and so is ctf but I want more if this game is to be really 'exotic'

Jorge-Fonseca
rofl your 'mate' fails hard.

here is why, IF people got to play the game, it would be because it was some beta testing, they pick people who are experienced in testing games, and also probably make them sign a non disclosure agreement which basically means that even if it was crappy, or the best thing in the world, they are legally not allowed to talk about it. Now your friend probably gets his hard ons from lying about games so dont fall into his lies and tell him what I told you next time

Jorge-Fonseca
Capture the Diamonds (some sort of modified Capture the flag as they said)

from the map editor video.

Deathmatch was also mentioned, and team deathmatch, I still hope for splitscreen I mean if the game can do a 50sqmiles they sure can do half kilometer big maps for 2 in 1 console! just a little offline 2 player versus, it would be epic.

quiniboy
make ranking for the mult.

lego94
they did say persisdant rewards like cod4 in a interview http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/877/877861p1.html

lego94
my mate is saying that he has played the multiplayer. everyone close your eyes HE SAID IT IS LIKE COD4 BUT CRAPPIER. kimi please tell me he is lying and he hasn't played the multiplayer, because i dont think he has because you cant can you

starwarsfan007
You aren't getting co-op....

Supreme_321
Suonds familiar, owwww yes Battle field Bad company, just replace timer with enemy renforcments and bases with gold and this took about a ow say five secounds to figure out, come on community think.

SpyTroop20
co op and stats http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

ynck
Not said, but I wouldn't count on it since they make all versions identical.

nick123...
there will probably be more than four game modes. those are just like the ones they have mentioned in videos lol.

nick123...
i hope thy have sabotage in far cry 2. tht is all i play on cod4

nick123...
and at least 16 players online. and yh ranking would be great

Zulu_598
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hanz_h:
Ok it is confirmed today by LP clearly. Far Cry 2 will feature 4 multiplayer gamemodes:
Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch
Capture the Flag (or Diamond?)
Uprising (V.I.P)

Source: Gamesports interview posted here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/9501077186).

No Assault. I guess a massive disappointment for at least 800 people who signed the petition, but probably put in a factor 10 to get the actual number of people that are let down.

Well at least we can look forward to some really renewing and refreshing gamemodes!

Achilles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They could always add the mode as DLC. They do this all the time for console(Gears Of War, RS Vegas 2, & Bad Company) aswell so they couldn't use the excuse of not being able to add it later on all 3 platforms.

I'd wouldn't give up on ithttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ToyAnvil:
I guess I will have to see how it plays out. I am not a fan of VIP in Halo3 at all (or assassination in Gears)

I am really disappointed seek and secure is not one of the modes. The group I play FCIP with Seek and Secure is by far our favorite gametype. I am still excited about this game but not as excited as I was. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think of "Uprising" as more of the "Jackal" MP game. I makes sense as to why they went with it as a mode but I understand the gripes about it because you need good teammtes, plus games can end really quick.

Which my next point is in the Halo 3 beta they first had the VIP with double armor which was way better. It took a 2 enemies attacking the VIP in a row to get a kill. One players could kill the VIP, but it was really difficult than kill the VIPIn Halo 3's final version of VIP you get the same armor as everyone else & matches usually end fast or the mode gets vetoed altogether.

On the Halo 3 beta I held VIP for a full 9+ minutes once. It wasn't easy though which I almost died more than 5-6 times so it wasn't an overly unfair advantage.

Anyway, Seek & secure is a favorite of mine aswell because both teams are on the offensive, basically "Head Quaters" for COD4 & I see how "Assault" could be fun with a team on defense.

Zulu_598
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Supreme_321:
Suonds familiar, owwww yes Battle field Bad company, just replace timer with enemy renforcments and bases with gold and this took about a ow say five secounds to figure out, come on community think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes, think people LOL

Zulu_598
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pavelfire:
on the IGN article you can find:
Also, all created maps will be for use <span class="ev_code_RED">in the game's four multiplayer modes</span>, so don't expect to create some kind of elaborate map and tack it onto the single-player game world.

Four... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif In video they say:
Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch
Capture the Diamond
AND UPRISING MULTI-PLAYER MODES ???
Assault...?!? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure exactly what "Assault" is. Can you please explain?

I think "Uprising" will kind of like "Seek & secure" on Instincts but both team are not on the offensive but one team instead one team plays defense like in Bad Company. It would have more of a singleplayer element if they did this, in that one team basically plays the AI role of guarding a camp with the other team plays the attacking merc role.

Edit:

nevermind I finally found an explaination of "Assault".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Assault - a type of game where the attacking team must capture 3 enemy bases, one after another. The defending team must repel the enemy until the timer runs out. Victory is awarded to the team who fulfilled their mission. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully your right and it is an Assualt type mode, it sounds really fun : )

pavelfire
on the IGN article you can find:
Also, all created maps will be for use <span class="ev_code_RED">in the game's four multiplayer modes</span>, so don't expect to create some kind of elaborate map and tack it onto the single-player game world.

Four... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif In video they say:
Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch
Capture the Diamond
AND UPRISING MULTI-PLAYER MODES ???
Assault...?!? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

pavelfire
I would like to put in remembrance
one important feature for which I asked in video Q&A (without answer):<span class="ev_code_RED"> anticheat protection </span>for FC-2.
I believe that we can get some info about it during GC Leipzig... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

GreatWight
I guess I will have to see how it plays out. I am not a fan of VIP in Halo3 at all (or assassination in Gears)

I am really disappointed seek and secure is not one of the modes. The group I play FCIP with Seek and Secure is by far our favorite gametype. I am still excited about this game but not as excited as I was.

stevejoe13
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lego94:
my mate is saying that he has played the multiplayer. everyone close your eyes HE SAID IT IS LIKE COD4 BUT CRAPPIER. kimi please tell me he is lying and he hasn't played the multiplayer, because i dont think he has because you cant can you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont care if its not as good as cod4 for 2 reasons:
1. In cod4 u cant completely make new maps
2. cod4 got really really boring after a while, which wont happen to FC2 cuz of how u almost never play the same map.

And anyway id seriously doubt its worse than cod4. Seeing as there are more weapons and tons of vehicles to choose from.

And your friend is lying. He couldnt have played it cause: Who else would he play it with? Even if he has it because he has some connections with ppl he would have absolutely no one to play with, and ontop of that MP isnt even active for games that arent realeased yet. He couldn't play if he tried.

pietraszewski2
08-23-2008, 09:52 AM
rizno is right you seeall of those in like every multiplayer game it gets old and we need some new modes it is fc2 mp failure as rizno said and it will be stupid no pred or atleast zombie stuff so we can play sharks or cops and robs and no assault wow dont exspect many costumers for a while

BlitzQuick
08-23-2008, 10:22 AM
i just think for a realistic game and the type of game it is...a vip mode would be amazing...you could make some sick *** maps with that mode considering theres a attacking and defending team

BlitzQuick
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SpyingScissors:
VIP is one of the most hated of all the Halo 3 game variants. I pray UBISOFT adds something unique to this.

UBI, please give us Seek and Secure or your new take on it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>well seeing that this is more realistic and what not i think that it is a sick mode

xianoa.
if its a vip mode like rainbow six vegas 1, cops and crooks from gtaiv or protect tha pimp in saints row i say YEIGH.

this kind of gametype is hella fun.

SpyingScissors
08-23-2008, 10:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WalkingEviction:
VIP mode sounds fun. Add some more variety to multiplayer. Just because Halo 3 VIP sucked doesn't mean this VIP will suck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose that could be true...sorry to freak out.

WalkingEviction
08-23-2008, 10:23 AM
VIP mode sounds fun. Add some more variety to multiplayer. Just because Halo 3 VIP sucked doesn't mean this VIP will suck.

SpyingScissors
08-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Sorry...I should not say the same things over and over....I know better. Aoplogies, mates.

BlitzQuick
i think vip mode is great...a bomb mode would be nice 2!

Raide
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SpyingScissors:
Four?! Look, I don't have the game yet, but I've been playing long enough to know what I like.
Ubisoft, if you truly are listening to what the community wants, please give us more gametypes. We need a bomb game or a territories game. Not this VIP garbage...please listen to your community! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
While I can understand your disappointment with a VIP mode, please can you not spam the forums with the same thread over and over. Keep it to the one thread your first created.

Thanks.

nick123...
08-23-2008, 03:41 PM
this is a bit dissapointing, far cry 2 has the potential to be one of the best games in history, and it could be if it had a better multiplayer. i dont understand their decision to include 4 game modes. its soo annoyin because this game has everything else, great graphics, good ideas and an incredible map editor. but who knows maybe there will be a update after the game is released to include more game modes.

naoksken
08-23-2008, 03:44 PM
I heard also that there will be 14 multiplayer maps http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Supreme_321
08-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Nick you stoll what I was about to say

Raide
08-23-2008, 04:18 PM
this is a bit dissapointing, far cry 2 has the potential to be one of the best games in history, and it could be if it had a better multiplayer. i dont understand their decision to include 4 game modes. its soo annoyin because this game has everything else, great graphics, good ideas and an incredible map editor. but who knows maybe there will be a update after the game is released to include more game modes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is better to start off with a few game types and add new ones than start with loads of game types that nobody plays. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

The standard Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and CTF variants have always been a staple of FPS games. FCI had Predator since that was a hook for that game but FC2 has no mutants in it, so any Predator style modes would not really fit in.

I would just say keep an eye on these forums over the coming weeks for some confirmation from the developers as to exactly what Multiplayer modes are being added for Far Cry 2.

GreatWight
08-23-2008, 04:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raide:
It is better to start off with a few game types and add new ones than start with loads of game types that nobody plays. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fair enough. Unfortunately for those of us playing on the 360 this will translate to M$ charging us for DLC since they normally do not let developers provide free content very often.

pietraszewski2
08-23-2008, 05:56 PM
no one wil lcare if you make it a tiny bit unrealistic by like adding pred online if you want to make cash witch is whole point of making this game you would add pred dont say we dotn care abotu cash we want it to be realistic thats why we say no well owell your gonna loose money you should give what people ask for liek assault boohoo if soem people dont like it what is it goign to hurtif they dont like it dotn play it

camper182_3
08-23-2008, 07:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pietraszewski2:
no one wil lcare if you make it a tiny bit unrealistic by like adding pred online if you want to make cash witch is whole point of making this game you would add pred dont say we dotn care abotu cash we want it to be realistic thats why we say no well owell your gonna loose money you should give what people ask for liek assault boohoo if soem people dont like it what is it goign to hurtif they dont like it dotn play it </div></BLOCKQUOTE> <span class="ev_code_RED">DELETED. THAT ATTITUDE AND LANGUAGE IS NOT TOLERATED HERE</span>

R1ZN0
08-23-2008, 07:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raide:
this is a bit dissapointing, far cry 2 has the potential to be one of the best games in history, and it could be if it had a better multiplayer. i dont understand their decision to include 4 game modes. its soo annoyin because this game has everything else, great graphics, good ideas and an incredible map editor. but who knows maybe there will be a update after the game is released to include more game modes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is better to start off with a few game types and add new ones than start with loads of game types that nobody plays. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

The standard Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and CTF variants have always been a staple of FPS games. FCI had Predator since that was a hook for that game but FC2 has no mutants in it, so any Predator style modes would not really fit in.

I would just say keep an eye on these forums over the coming weeks for some confirmation from the developers as to exactly what Multiplayer modes are being added for Far Cry 2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im not to familiar with many games as I usually keep my gaming to a select few titles ( 1 or 2 of each RTS,FPS,RPG etc) so I am wondering if you can point to a couple games that came out already that the developers added a totally new game type then was originally released with the game? Im curious!

IVlatty
08-23-2008, 07:43 PM
GRAW 1 and 2

R1ZN0
08-23-2008, 10:42 PM
ehh... wasn'g Graw mp dead by the time the patch came out? I know I bought my copy in october 5 months after release and I paid 12 bux new http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Raide
08-24-2008, 02:37 AM
I guess the most recent game would be Battlefield: Bad Company. DICE added the Conquest mode shortly after the launch as a game update and they did not charge for it.

FPS games pretty much always have the standard game types because people like them and they work. Coming up with totally new modes is very difficult but that is not to say the possibilities are not there.

pavelfire
08-24-2008, 05:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhg8PwLLyv0
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Check it out on 3:15 minute, there is a new weapon, <span class="ev_code_RED">minethrower</span>!!!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

ynck
08-24-2008, 07:26 AM
No silly that's the mortar. Don't forget there's a uzi too.

But:
Awesome footage thanks for charing.

(why in this forum?)

nick123...
08-24-2008, 07:34 AM
i think halo 3 did. i went on it y/day for the first time in months and there was something like DLC or sumfin and other stuff. they are constantly adding new maps as well.

pietraszewski2
08-24-2008, 07:35 AM
pred pred pred

hanz_h
08-24-2008, 03:24 PM
I guess the most recent game would be Battlefield: Bad Company. DICE added the Conquest mode shortly after the launch as a game update and they did not charge for it.

FPS games pretty much always have the standard game types because people like them and they work. Coming up with totally new modes is very difficult but that is not to say the possibilities are not there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok just a few thoughts here.

1. I think it is a bit dangerous for companies to release new gamemodes to MP after game release unless they can realise it within a few weeks after release. A game with a sucky multiplayer at release will most likely not gain momentum later on. Look at GRAW 1, it didnt even have any dedicated server support at the start. Stuff was added later but far too late.

2. Sure you should put standard gamemodes in. There will always be people who'll like them and stuff like DM & TDM is very easy to put in. However only putting in standard gamemodes will not set Far Cry 2 MP apart from any other multiplayer game. For a successfull multiplayer (also very important for sales, do not underestimate this) you need a signature or multiple signature MP modes.

3. There are already one or two signature gamemodes right under Ubisofts nose. Assault and Predator (I dont know much about Predator but all console players seem full of it). These unique gamemodes have worked perfectly in the passed and gained a lot of hardcore fans.

Every successfull multiplayer game has recognised their classic signature gamemodes and kept them in to bind fans to them. Why not do it? All the rules for the gamemode are already there, you dont even have to create much maps for it (the community will do that with such a great map editor) and success is a guarantee. So with little effort you will create big results. That's what a profit making company wants right?

4. Also I think it would be wise if we get some more clear information soon. We are getting so close to release and are still mostly in the dark about MP. Unless there is more additional stuff then just the 4 gamemodes that are now known there will be a lot of dissappointment. By keeping people in the dark so long expectations are made.

If Ubisoft does not want to put a big deal of attention in multiplayer for Far Cry 2 that's fine just be straight forward about it. Don't BS gamers because the consequences (as in feedback/reactions/complaints afterwards) will just boomerang back twice as hard.

Achilles

UBW_Clivey
08-24-2008, 04:24 PM
This is extremely sad news for the FarCry Hardcore MP PC Community.

I guess we will wait for the news over the coming weeks as you said Raide, however, what we want to hea is that Assault is in it from release date, not to be added in afterwards as an after thought.

We arent gullible. Lets face the facts, the first 6 - 8 months after release, your Devs will be working on patches. Then additional costs will creep in to the development of another game mode, that were not forecasted in your budgets, that the plug will be pulled as those Devs will be required to work on other projects that generate more revenue for UBI. If you did manage to just about squeeze a mode in, then what about bug fixes for that? Your budget simply isnt there, hence why you have delayed this close to release, in giving us the modes you have working and can afford before your deadline hits.

Its how the industry works and even if what you are saying is true, thats a big gamble for us to buy a game that you "may" make a better gamemode for, with no promises or commitment. Even if there was a commitment, it isnt legally binding, so its still a no win for us.

All those talks that UBI guy (cant remember his name) did to the Games Industry a few months ago, about the Games industry being creative and listening to the people that buy the products, you take the safe route and give us TDM/DM/CTF/VIP. Well whoopie.

You have time to recitfy the mistake, you have access to the Assault LUA code to see how it was done, you have access to FC servers still running to play and experience it. You already have TDM and CTF, so all we are asking for is a variation of the two. 3 static flags that have to be captured 1 at a time in sequential order.

We can cut a deal, you do the code and get some of the FC1 PC mappers to make the maps that understand and love Assault. That would take away alot of cost to you. There's innovation for you like your UBI boss wanted, you get the money, we get what we want.

Suicide_King_XX
08-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Has there been any word on if there will be offline or "LAN" multiplayer for PC? It better.

I searched, and found nothing related.

Zulu_598
08-24-2008, 07:26 PM
dp bump

Zulu_598
08-24-2008, 07:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zulu_598:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raide:

FPS games pretty much always have the standard game types because people like them and they work. Coming up with totally new modes is very difficult but that is not to say the possibilities are not there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are a decent amount of examples for added MP modes in games both for PC & console:

COD4 - Mecenary TDM, Search & Destroy Hardcore, and there are rumors of 4 other future modes(Hardcore HQ & FFA, Bare-Bones TDM, & multibomb search & destroy)

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - High Stakes, plus gameplay upgrades

Gears of War - Annex

I really do not see the problem with adding modes or content later on and I can see why they chose these 4 modes. DM & TDM is the most basic modes added to every game, Uprising is basically MP "kill the Jackal" & CTD is related to the singleplayer aswell with the diamond theme.

Also, only 4 MP modes out of the box might have more to do with "disc space". Think about it, 50 square kilometers of gameplay + a huge map editor probably doesn't add alot of room for 6-7 game modes, plus I'm sure just like Instincts there will be standard developer MP maps in the aswell.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hanz_h:3. There are already one or two signature gamemodes right under Ubisofts nose. Assault and Predator (I dont know much about Predator but all console players seem full of it). These unique gamemodes have worked perfectly in the passed and gained a lot of hardcore fans.

Seek & Secure was another good MP mode on Instincts, basically COD4 HQ. I can see "Assault" being added but no Predator IMO.

gregor_ichi22
08-25-2008, 12:11 PM
I want to be able to play with 4 people per console via system link.
They didn't do this in the original far cry and i'd love to see it in far cry 2. It would make it more possible to have lan parties.

Suicide_King_XX
08-25-2008, 07:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Suicide_King_XX:
Has there been any word on if there will be offline or "LAN" multiplayer for PC? It better.

I searched, and found nothing related. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone know?

This "official" thread is not helpful. This is why people keep making new threads. No responses within this mess of a thread. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

Supreme_321
08-25-2008, 07:54 PM
a complete mess, you have three differnet group speaking different languages on this page, learn them

Brimtown
08-25-2008, 08:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Suicide_King_XX:

I searched, and found nothing related. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone know?

This "official" thread is not helpful. This is why people keep making new threads. No responses within this mess of a thread. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We'll find out more info when Ubisoft decides to shed more light on multiplayer. Continually starting new threads to ask the same questions isn't going to make it happen any faster.

I know it's frustrating, but Ubisoft has decided to stage how they release information on this game. First we got info on the single player, then we got some info on the map editor, so we should start learning more about multi-player soon enough.

Jorge-Fonseca
08-26-2008, 12:02 AM
Is there any Leipzig/E3 sort of shows between now and the end of fall?

They usually release major updates in these kind of events, but what is left?

pavelfire
08-26-2008, 12:06 AM
As i know, GC Leipzig was last big events where they showed this game.
Its already known, that October seems to be that time when game going to be relased, but still, it could be November too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

PurplePaint
08-26-2008, 09:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">COD4 - Mecenary TDM, Search & Destroy Hardcore, and there are rumors of 4 other future modes(Hardcore HQ & FFA, Bare-Bones TDM, & multibomb search & destroy) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Serious doubts that infinity ward will ever add anything. The only 2 updates they made were:
1. Fixing some host and lag things and new kill cam stuff
2. To make them money from the 4 crappy maps they realeased
And remember all the talk about them taking out martyrdom and juggernaut and last stand? Ya. infinity ward doesnt care about their current games, all they did was start making cod5. I hope Ubi is different. I suspect they are because FC:IP is still getting updates.

adarwinter
08-27-2008, 04:28 AM
tell you the truth - i am pretty sure the MP of FC2 is not the focus of this title and it will not draw much attention.
i read in a STALKER:clear sky review a sentence that said:
multiplayer - it's there but u wont play it.
the review gave clear sky 88 out of 100.

i think FC2 will also be a good SP game but the MP, in spite of the map editor, will be weak and forgetful. i think the map editor is here to bring attention to the MP. it's its selling point - endless maps.
i dont see it's MP being considered much above average.

GreatWight
08-27-2008, 08:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PurplePaint:
I hope Ubi is different. I suspect they are because FC:IP is still getting updates. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What updates have they made other than the patch in September of 20006 that actually made the MP mode playable?

hanz_h
08-27-2008, 10:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
i think FC2 will also be a good SP game but the MP, in spite of the map editor, will be weak and forgetful. i think the map editor is here to bring attention to the MP. it's its selling point - endless maps.
i dont see it's MP being considered much above average. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your conclusions seem spot on. MP is may be average/below average now and not really a focus point.

This might also be the reason that with release in sight we hardly hear anything about it. Hope we don't have to find out after release that there's no dedicated server support/ crappy netcode/ no auto map download etc etc. but it wouldnt surprise me.

Achilles

Andrew83194
08-27-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm wondering is gun jamming and climbing into cars (instead of just popping into them, like the last game) will be in multiplayer...

nick123...
08-27-2008, 05:43 PM
it best have good multiplayer. or im gna b very annoyed cz ive been lookin 4ward to this game for over a year now. and multiplayer is the most important mode in my opinion. bt yh i doubt tht thy will give a sh** look at rainbow 2.

R1ZN0
08-27-2008, 09:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hanz_h:
i dont see it's MP being considered much above average. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your conclusions seem spot on. MP is may be average/below average now and not really a focus point.

This might also be the reason that with release in sight we hardly hear anything about it. Hope we don't have to find out after release that there's no dedicated server support/ crappy netcode/ no auto map download etc etc. but it wouldnt surprise me.

hate to say I posted this same spamage months and months ago http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Damn it to Hell Anti Assault noobs lol bah lol I give up

AbeEkema
08-28-2008, 07:12 AM
No Assault mode? why? It is the best MP-mode ever made. Ubi owns the mode, so please use it. Please add the mode or I go back to FC1. Serious.

PS1. Don't assume Deathmatch-like modes are loved by all.
PS2. Addition of the VIP-like mode is appreciated, but is totally overshadowed by the absence of Assault.

pavelfire
08-30-2008, 03:09 AM

From map editor previews there is quite clear that there going to be autodownloader, but multiplayer gameplay, netcode etc, well, you are right, we dont know nothing and it could happen that it would be bad surprise.
Its really strange that they still dont want tell us more, when everybody asking for it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Sotku
08-30-2008, 04:02 AM
Maybe there's nothing to tell about multiplayer, that's why they dont say about it much.

And if i want to play tdm or something else "regular" multiplayer mode, i will do that in COD4. I dont even believe that they could make it better in FC2 than COD4.

And my personal opinion is that this game is just a "who has bigger balls" contest with Crytek. All is about graphics but gameplay and everything else is forgotten.

Sotis

hanz_h
08-30-2008, 04:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pavelfire:
From map editor previews there is quite clear that there going to be autodownloader, but multiplayer gameplay, netcode etc, well, you are right, we dont know nothing and it could happen that it would be bad surprise.
Its really strange that they still dont want tell us more, when everybody asking for it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep in mind that in the map editor videos afaik they only talk about map downloading for consoles and how people will be able to upload and share maps.

This is something completely different then being able to set up auto map download from a server location with a PC dedicated server setup.

Achilles

Sheep117nl
08-30-2008, 07:41 AM
- More gamemodes/types and options to customise them!

An absolute MUST (esp. for consoles) is that they add far more gamemodes/types and give options to modify them. Just take all the gamemodes/options from halo 3 and cod 4 and put them in your game. The idea is already there and ready to be copied. If you do it the multiplayer experience will be twice as good and last a lot longer. It is really that simple.

If it is possible to add it to your game either do it. Dont listen to all the kids (havent seen many if any at all on this forum luckily) whining for bigger vehicles, bigger maps, bigger weapons or nuclear bombs. They dont know what they are talking about just add more gametype options and this game will be great online (as long as the basic mechenics are good).

lego94
08-30-2008, 02:09 PM
i hope that there will be a good ranking system or a ranking system.

nick123...
08-30-2008, 04:45 PM
i would of relly liked it if they allowed you to attach scopes or silencers. but u cant which is nt cool. i dnt no y bt i dnt think many of the features present in single player will exist in multiplayer. ( weapons jamming and healing animations) but nobody knows apart from the developers themselves.

SKATER2011
09-02-2008, 08:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> <span class="ev_code_RED">Moved from "The Multiplayer Experience" thread</span>
Originally posted by potter_025:
The gameplay is amazing in this game, don't get me wrong. Multiplayer I'm hoping is good as well, but I'm also hoping there's more to it in multiplayer. What I mean is I hope the ranking sytem is good like Halo 3 where you up in ranks with EXP and ranked matches. COD4 where each kill gets you closer to the next gun, BF:BC where once again, each kill gets you closer to another unlock.
COD4 and BF:BC also had challenges such as kill when blinded or destroy every type of vehicle in one game.
These ranking systems and challenges got me to play the game more as I pushed myself to promote and to unlock weapons and to achieve challenges. If it's drad and boring like GoW or Far Cry: Predator where you play and that's it, no ranks, no challenges, no exp, I'll be very dissapointed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>also another achievment type thing to get new weapons/costumes would be to get a certain rating on your custom map by a certain amount of people.

Icecube1137
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by potter_025:
i think they announced back in may tht there is gonna be a ranking system and perks similar to cod4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also have some more questions about FC2 online.
- When we upload our maps, will they be in ranked matches, or you can only use them in unranked matches?
We dont know yet.
- Is there a matchmaking server, or do people have to host their own game?

Probably a regular server browser, b/c that way everybody will be able to join in your custom maps instead of just friends and people on your recent players list.
- What game modes are available?

Im not totally sure but I think I read in another thread it would be deathmatch, team DM, steal the diamonds (capture the flag basically) and a VIP sort-of gametype.
- Can we create our own unique character?
Nope, this article confirms it:

CI interview (http://www.genesisdevice.org/index.php/20080831923/news/far_cry_2_clint_hocking_interview.html)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Icecube1137
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SKATER2011:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Comatose23:
I think it would be cool if you got points and EXP. Then when you get enough points, you go and pick the gun/item YOU want to unlock, the better the gun, the more points it costs. I guess that every time you get exp you would get a point then...

Anyway I doubt that's gonna happen, but it sounds like fun.

I really doubt multiplayer is gonna suck anyway, so I'm not worried </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a good idea never thought of that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought thats what Bad Company did?

Legendary_Ryan
Every one TRUST me.

Im not a 100% sure there is a ranking system. But i am 100% sure that every kill and diamond CAPTRUE etc... will unlock new gun. WILL. WILL. WILL. I think theres perks too.

Fedaykin552
Well when i played halo 3 all i did was custom matches and hardly any matchmaking. I agree that ranking do tend to promote the "it's not my problem so why do i care?" mindset.
I think Bad Company started to fix this as you got points for savior kills, avenger, assists, and such. I think we should still have rankings as long as they promote teamwork, thing like 5 points per kill but 15 for saving a teammate, or 20 for healing a teammate, things like if a mach. gunner is firing at your teammates and you kill him you get extra points.

aa___ron
Would be cool if they make a "mini Jackal hunt" online where on a server of let's say 8 people, you have to all do various objects, some stealth, some co-op, some stealth-co-op, some timed (for example once the object has begin, 3 people must gather 3 different pieces of items from 3 seperate location within certain amount time), and the quicker they get the objectives done, the faster they get to killing the Jackal together. That way you really get to work together with players, and decide how many people you should round up for different objectives, so everyone there decide what to do etc. Oh and maybe some players can choose to be on the npc side trying to stop them.

aa___ron
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Luger9:
I hope there are no ranks and no unlocks. They just ruin games in the long run.
TAW_Luger </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, and that's exactly what I did in COD4, I just focused on my ranks and weapons upgrades, never cared about what the other guys are on about. I'm already getting too bored with that game's multiplayer and I'm only on 22lv, so I'm not a fan of that system.

SKATER2011
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Comatose23:
I think it would be cool if you got points and EXP. Then when you get enough points, you go and pick the gun/item YOU want to unlock, the better the gun, the more points it costs. I guess that every time you get exp you would get a point then...

I really doubt multiplayer is gonna suck anyway, so I'm not worried </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a good idea never thought of that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

nick123...
i think they announced back in may tht there is gonna be a ranking system and perks similar to cod4.

Luger9
What is it with people needing gratification other than being able to kick the next guys butt. Or if you can't do that individually have a good enough squad to whip some other people squad.

Unlocks and the like are all junk. Rankings are junk and just promote people to not play in the best interest of the team.

My rank thing say i need more headshots, well I guess i better snipe eventhough my team needs people up close. The enemy won't come after me because I am little more than a nuicance, but i will get my unlock.

TAW_Luger

Comatose23

I really doubt multiplayer is gonna suck anyway, so I'm not worried

Sheep117nl
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Luger9:
What is it with people needing gratification other than being able to kick the next guys butt. Or if you can't do that individually have a good enough squad to whip some other people squad.

Unlocks and the like are all junk. Rankings are junk and just promote people to not play in the best interest of the team.

My rank thing say i need more headshots, well I guess i better snipe eventhough my team needs people up close. The enemy won't come after me because I am little more than a nuicance, but i will get my unlock.

I agree with this. In COD you can play domination but in the end everyone is just playing team deathmatch because they are farming points. People dont play to win but play to get points, it's like grinding in a mmo.

Rankings also stops people from playing private or custom games because you dont earn points while playing them but these games are often a lot more fun to play. If the multiplayer is good it doesn't need unlocks or rankings. Halo 2 proved that a few years ago.

potter_025
i think they announced back in may tht there is gonna be a ranking system and perks similar to cod4. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sick as.
- When we upload our maps, will they be in ranked matches, or you can only use them in unranked matches?

Zulu_598
09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Icecube1137:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by potter_025:

We dont know yet.

Probably a regular server browser, b/c that way everybody will be able to join in your custom maps instead of just friends and people on your recent players list.

Im not totally sure but I think I read in another thread it would be deathmatch, team DM, steal the diamonds (capture the flag basically) and a VIP sort-of gametype.
Nope, this article confirms it:

CI interview (http://www.genesisdevice.org/index.php/20080831923/news/far_cry_2_clint_hocking_interview.html)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On Instincts/Predator you can host ranked matches but you have to play the "developer maps, no user made maps."

There are a few dedicated servers that play the developer maps in a cycle which anyone can join the room.

Also, on Instincts as the host you could "boot" players from the room but on Predator you couldn't.

KATCHR
09-02-2008, 04:53 PM

I totaly agree with you. The ranking deal of COD4 has all but killed the modded servers, especially in the beginning. No one wanted to go on a modded server because their ranks and unlocks would not go with them.

Please dont do what COD4 did and leave out the ctf game mode. All the classics should be included as well as some new ones.

LiTos456
09-15-2008, 05:57 AM
I dont know if this was sad before but Im really disappointed that online multiplayer is only up to 16 players... I mean I have a 2006 release battlefield 2 sitting on my desktop with 64 players right there. I cant even imagine playing with 15 others on a good big map, especially with no AI there either! What do you think?

PurplePaint
09-15-2008, 02:35 PM
I hope that they have a ranked match-making system like cod4 and halo, but also have player matches like the system now in FCIP where you can host a match or browse the different matches and join the ones they want. But doesnt count towards XP.

PurplePaint
09-15-2008, 02:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KATCHR:

I totaly agree with you. The ranking deal of COD4 has all but killed the modded servers, especially in the beginning. No one wanted to go on a modded server because their ranks and unlocks would not go with them.

Please dont do what COD4 did and leave out the ctf game mode. All the classics should be included as well as some new ones. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe there is a CTF variant called capture the diamond (or steal im not sure which). Which is basically CTF far cry style

pavelfire
09-16-2008, 07:02 AM
Splatterladder released info, that if they would have access for it, they will tracking Far Cry 2 as well as they still do with Far Cry.
http://farcry.splatterladder.com/
But I thing Ubi wants keep this feature for themself....

LiTos456
09-17-2008, 12:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LiTos456:
I dont know if this was sad before but Im really disappointed that online multiplayer is only up to 16 players... I mean I have a 2006 release battlefield 2 sitting on my desktop with 64 players right there. I cant even imagine playing with 15 others on a good big map, especially with no AI there either! What do you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

..anyone?

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
09-17-2008, 12:55 PM
BF2 did not have the Physics that this game may have and was set on much larger maps.
My own experience on 64 player servers was not a good one.

In fact, even with COD4 I enjoy the games more if there is only 16-24 in the server and the max map size here will be similar.

16 players was the optimal number for Assault in FC1, so to me its not a problem it only supporting that in FC2...

LiTos456
09-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Strange. I like it with 64. It feels very much war like. But I'm sure it will work out, Far Cry 2 is the first game I'm getting this year. I'm so excited! October 23rd right?
One thing I love about this game, is that when you don't feel like playing single player, just hop into the map editor, jot down a map and jump into multiplayer and test it out with some friends. It gets me so excited that you can make your own, and then share it in multiplayer with 15 friends, that it feels like this game is gonna be much more than 50 hours of gameplay. If I'm not mistaken, you can put AI enemies on the map and play against them in single player? It would be cool if you could either create your own missions or just play around against the enemies you put up manually...and will AI be supported for multiplayer?

BlitzQuick
09-17-2008, 09:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CuZtds_Lst_Stnd:
BF2 did not have the Physics that this game may have and was set on much larger maps.
My own experience on 64 player servers was not a good one.

In fact, even with COD4 I enjoy the games more if there is only 16-24 in the server and the max map size here will be similar.

16 players was the optimal number for Assault in FC1, so to me its not a problem it only supporting that in FC2... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

u cant put ai in the map editor...and no ai for single player

LiTos456
09-18-2008, 05:11 AM
Aw. I wish you could. Would be pretty fun.
Oh, now I remember, those red persons were spawn points.

Tehis
09-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Is it possible to play multiplayer with system-link in xbox 360?

jibbermann13
09-22-2008, 12:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tehis:
Is it possible to play multiplayer with system-link in xbox 360? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope so as I have battles with my brothers on fcip now,if not hopefully private matches where you can limit the number of players will be available.

LiTos456
09-22-2008, 10:26 AM
I wish you could do cross console. I pre ordered it yesterday for PC but my best friend got it for PS3 because he doesn't have a high end computer, and no 360, and I have a high end computer and a 360. But I would get it for PC either way. I do wish I could play him online though, but oh well.

St3c
09-25-2008, 09:56 PM
I would like to put in remembrance
one important feature for which I asked in video Q&A (without answer):<span class="ev_code_RED"> anticheat protection </span>for FC-2.
I believe that we can get some info about it during GC Leipzig... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any one have an update on this? Is there going to be ANY anticheat measures included with the multiplayer? (e.g. PunkBuster)

MagnumRel8ed
09-27-2008, 07:59 PM
what is tea bagging?[/QUOTE]
WHAT IS TEA BAGGING, is like saying hey what is this thing you call Far Cry?

Sachiel2F
09-28-2008, 06:11 AM
Until recently, I only knew that as "humping". It's the same thing actually and an idea to what it may be can be conceived here:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/11/20/a-word-of-thanks/ and here:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/6/6/retreat-to-the-citadel/

IceT-Bag
09-28-2008, 08:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by St3c:
Any one have an update on this? Is there going to be ANY anticheat measures included with the multiplayer? (e.g. PunkBuster) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The game will use PunkBuster as anti-cheat tool.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnumRel8ed:
WHAT IS TEA BAGGING, is like saying hey what is this thing you call Far Cry? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/tbag.gif

SonicSafais
09-28-2008, 08:53 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IceT-Bag:
The game will use PunkBuster as anti-cheat tool.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's hope it doesn't end up in a cheating fest (PC).
But they said the game is very complete (not like Crysis,3/4 done) and I'm confident that it won't be a bug fest (resulting in cheating).

IceT-Bag
09-28-2008, 09:21 AM
We can only hope PB is better integrated into FC2 than it was in FC1 (where it was added in a patch and never worked well). http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

St3c
09-28-2008, 01:10 PM
This is great news, T-Bag. Are you able to provide a link regarding the PB integration?

MoothyKnight123
09-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Split sceen local play PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'm gonna cry if I can't test my maps with my friends at my house http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif it was so nice in FC1 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

hanz_h
09-30-2008, 03:06 PM
Two multiplayer hands on previews have come out. Not sure if they were reported yet:

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1007

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/09/25/mixed-feelings-farcry-multi/

These are not previews that makes one directly excited to experience Far Cry 2's multiplayer component. Some quotes:

MTV.com:

"My other gripe was simple: characters move slowly. Clicking down on the left analog stick enables running, but there are limitations. A few seconds into the sprint, you slow to a crawl and the screen becomes disorienting and blurry. This sounds interesting for injecting additional realism to the single-player, but on large maps where a vehicle isn't positioned near you, it just means players can spend 30 seconds to a minute of a match running over to a capture point and having to stop several times along the way."

"The coolest moment during the half a dozen matches I played involved hitching a ride on a hang glider. As far as I could tell, there's no way to shoot anyone while you're gliding through the air, but just having the ability to sail across the entire map and survey the landscape was exhilarating. I could have a lot of fun with a mode that focused exclusively on hang gliding and rocket launchers!"

Shacknews:

"The star of Far Cry 2 (PC, 360, PS3) multiplayer isn\'t the modes, or the levels, or even the guns--it's the map editor."

"While this (slower pace) is an interesting twist on standard multiplayer shooting, I question not only whether the game will be dominated by unseen campers frustrating players from afar, but also if this hook is enough to spice up the relative blandness of the modes."

"Despite its interesting quirks, experienced FPS players may initially find little to get very excited about with Far Cry 2's multiplayer. Much hinges on the map editor, and the extent to which players can spice up the game with their own creativity."

Food for thought I suppose....

Achilles

Brimtown
09-30-2008, 03:21 PM
I think some of these reviewers think that this is first console game to feature a map editor. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

I'll be honest, from much of what I've seen and heard, Far Cry Instincts was a mediocre FPS, but the inclusion of the map editor extended its shelf life quite a bit.

Fruitarian
09-30-2008, 04:16 PM
... EXCEPT for the fact that we will never be able to conduct RANKED matches on our own creations. So no ranking, none of our hard-unlocked favourite weapons...

See Boomtown Preview for confirmation.

idesofendeth
09-30-2008, 05:59 PM
im wondering if there will be the ability to edit game modes. Like in halo where u go to say like team slayer and say i want this team to have this weapon and this amount HP and this fast of movement speed and other things like that. That alone could help solve the bland game modes(although i am really hoping for assault because with the map editor u could make some sick maps)

micahblack
09-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Sorry if this has been asked yet:

Does anyone know if time of day changes in multiplayer, or does it just stay the same time?

IceT-Bag
09-30-2008, 09:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by St3c:
This is great news, T-Bag. Are you able to provide a link regarding the PB integration? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly no, though one of the devs confirmed it when asked at the Montreal FC2 fan day.

Darklord_NL
10-01-2008, 11:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by micahblack:
Sorry if this has been asked yet:

Does anyone know if time of day changes in multiplayer, or does it just stay the same time? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, time also changes in Multiplayer. I believe i heard that in a Video Interview but i dont know which one. I'll try to find it, and when i do i'll post it right here.

BS PALADIN
10-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Can we place wildlife on the maps we create with the map? editor

dab0r
10-03-2008, 08:22 AM
i beleive not.

IceT-Bag
10-03-2008, 09:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PALADIN_BS:
Can we place wildlife on the maps we create with the map? editor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can add birds, but I dont believe you can add land based animals - I certainly dont recall seeing any when playing with the map editor.

dab0r
10-03-2008, 10:11 AM
can you add 10,000 suicidal birds in tribute to a certain suicidal bird story? =D

pavelfire
10-03-2008, 12:08 PM
This is great news, T-Bag. Are you able to provide a link regarding the PB integration? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sadly no, though one of the devs confirmed it when asked at the Montreal FC2 fan day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was in Q&A video with LP for InFarcry.
You can download it here:
http://www.infarcry.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=149&Itemid=2
Hope it helps http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif
Sry for previous reply, it was quote of different post http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif
But here LP really say FC is going to use PB and some more, about what they tried to prevent cheats etc.

Zulu_598
10-07-2008, 09:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I thought I'd add these all to the Official MP discussion to make commenting easier instead of 10 seperate topics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IGN MP Interview(Hardy Lebel)
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/951257/far-cry-2-/videos/...playerInterview.html (http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/951257/far-cry-2-/videos/FC2multiplayerInterview.html)

GameTrailors MP Interview(Hardy LeBel)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40851.html?type=

Gametrailers MP Sandbox Video Interview(Hardy LeBel)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40888.html

PC MP Footage
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wkbf_far-cry-2-en-multi-sur-pc_videogames

IGN MP Discussion Article
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/916/916899p1.html

Kikizo | Far Cry 2 Multiplayer Preview
http://games.kikizo.com/features/far-cry-2-multiplayer-p1.asp

Boomtown MP Q&A article
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wkbf_far-cry-2-en-multi-sur-pc_videogames

Gamasutra MP Preview
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=20478

Cheat Code Central MP Preview
http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/rev/farcry2preview.html

Also, one of the Hardy Lebel interviews has some info on the red enemy name tags & I thought it would be good to mention his post on the first video's showing of name tags.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fedaykin552:http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/951257/far-cry-2-/videos/...playerInterview.html (http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/951257/far-cry-2-/videos/FC2multiplayerInterview.html)

Times of no Name Tags:

0:21
0:24 (look to the left he's tough to see against the rock)
1:21 (left, next to the cart)
1:26 (perfect example, it happens too fast if you dont pause it but until he shoots the guy there is no name tag)
1:27 (there is a guy right behind the "so and so killed so and so captions")
1:52 (water tower, until he catches fire)
2:01 (right at the thicker part of the scope's crosshair on the right)
2:22 (he's shooting and is right under one of his teammates name)
2:29 (right under the bridge running with a rocket launcher) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MauserMilitary
10-07-2008, 10:48 PM
^Awesome, thanks for the list of links. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ReverandKane
10-11-2008, 08:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wags-:
coloured names in multiplayer, simular to farcry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, NO colored names. That's what CSS is for.

Farcry2forlife
10-16-2008, 12:21 PM
I think ubisoft should put predator mode from far cry instincts predator into far cry 2 multiplayer. If you ever played online in far cry instincts predator. nearly all of the matches would be in predator mode. all the far cry fans will agree that predator mode was a really fun game type. If the ubisoft team brought some downloadable content making you able to play predator mode online. Then i would be soooo happy and im sure that alot of other gamers will be happy to see predator mode put into far cry 2. it was one of the best ever game types soo PLEASE PUT IT INTO FAR CRY 2!!!!.

Farcry2forlife
10-16-2008, 12:24 PM
predator mode should be put into farcry 2 multiplayer!!!!!!!

stevejoe13
10-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Agreed. but id like to see a race kind of variant (no?). Or maybe a kindof on-foot race where you hunt for diamonds popping up around the map, (kinda like an instant capture SnS). Just something similar to a popular game mode but with a bit of a twist. Hopefully there will be a few more as DLC later.

XTHeroface
10-23-2008, 03:07 AM
simply put, offline split screen is a necessity... i have live but i would rather be able to play with my friends in one room instead of throwing our social time away just to play far cry... btw we have constantly got together to play our created maps together for years... bring back split screen on 360!!!

also predator (priority), assault and S&S please

pedwags43
10-27-2008, 05:09 AM
Some wicked ideas being suggested here, just hope they don't fall on deaf ears...

ddemongey
10-31-2008, 10:50 AM
This game is definitely not what I hoped it would be. Don't get me wrong though. I'm having a lot of fun with the single-player campaign despite some annoyances. I guess that I just assumed that there would be more elements in the multiplayer and map editor that were in Far Cry Instincts Predetor. I have to say that the controls for predetor were way worse, but I could make my own map and have a few buddies come over for some frag-festing. Local Splitscreen Multiplayer! NOT IN THIS GAME. That is so important to me. I like playing online, but I don't like depending on an internet connection just to play a few multiplayer games. My fondest memories are from hangin' out with my brothers, tippin' a few back and trash-talkin' while we destroy eachother. One of my favorite things to do was jousting someone on the four-wheelers or waverunners. You could drive one handed and even though it was difficult, you could aim and shoot a handgun. You could also coast a hang-glider over someone and drop grenades on them. Great memories! NOT IN THIS GAME. Although I did some researching on this game, I clearly did not ask the questions I needed to before purchasing. If I would not have assumed that the features I talked about were in the game then I would not have droped my $65. Because it is too late, I will play through the 1-player campaign and then sell this game back to recover some cost. I will not bother messing around with the map editor because I can't have someone play them with me on a single console. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif( All-in-all, this game for me is basically a very expensive game rental. Sorry for the rant guys, I just needed to express my dissappointment...

krappyappy
10-31-2008, 12:00 PM
come on ubisoft get your act together. stop making PC users suffer through features which are clearly aimed at the console market. PC gamers are not console gamers and we expect better.

the multiplayer experience shouldn't be a pain. if i have to troubleshoot the game for more than a couple of minutes to connect to a server, YOU HAVE FAILED. it's your responsibility to me, as a paying customer, to ensure that i can quickly and easily play the multiplayer portion of the game.

it took 3 tries to register for an account. it took entirely too long to navigate through the ***-backward server browser, which is segmented in the least user friendly fashion and makes going between server types unnecessarily difficult. every server i tried to join told me i couldn't join it because a game was already in progress. when i finally was able to connect to one, i was dropped because of punkbuster issues.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. YOU HAVE FAILED TO PROVIDE AN ADEQUATE, NEVERMIND GOOD, MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCE.

Adalricus
02-22-2009, 08:17 PM
hey can you guys plz make
preditor a game type again plz it was such a great game type