PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know?

CybaGirl
08-14-2009, 06:46 AM
When we are going to start and see REAL flight simulators being created for the PC again? Instead of all this rubbish that is being created for console kiddies?

As it seems to me there hasn't been a decent WWII flight simulator made in years in which you are actually playing inside the cockpit of the aircraft, instead of this arcade styled rubbish.

It's so disappointing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

CybaGirl
08-14-2009, 06:46 AM
When we are going to start and see REAL flight simulators being created for the PC again? Instead of all this rubbish that is being created for console kiddies?

As it seems to me there hasn't been a decent WWII flight simulator made in years in which you are actually playing inside the cockpit of the aircraft, instead of this arcade styled rubbish.

It's so disappointing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

Hothand283
08-14-2009, 11:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CybaGirl:

It's so disappointing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL. PC snobs are funny. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Why complain in a forum for a GAME YOU DON'T LIKE?????

There are a host of games I don't like; I don't like them so I DON'T TROLL THEIR FORUMS, LET ALONE PLAY THEM.

B_WHITE00
08-14-2009, 05:18 PM
"console kiddies?"

Really? I have a playstation, as well as a gaming computer, but I play my PS much MUCH more, because the consoles are getting all the good games now, and games like Crysis, Flight Simulator X, L4D, ect... just aren't holding my interest these days.

So what am I? Come on, if you're so creative, why don't you make a cute nickname for me? Hmm, maybe the Hybrid HoE Honcho?

CybaGirl
08-14-2009, 10:30 PM
PC snob???

First of all. You don't know anything about me so why resort to name calling to get your point across?

It just proves my point about being a kiddie if you have to resort to name calling http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif .

Secondly I think my question is legitimate. As I was excited to read about this game in an email I received yesterday about it being released as it sounded like a great game and a game that I would enjoy playing. Sadly though after reading more about it via the link in the email, I discovered it's just another unrealistic and boring arcade style type flight game.

So this is why I asked the question. When are we going to see real flight simulators being created again?

Thirdly you might be surprised to know that I have a console(s) myself. But I never play them as I have been collecting Nintendo consoles, hand held units, games and official Nintendo accessories since 1986 when the original NES was released. Most of my items are still brand new and have never been used or opened. So yes I was a kiddy myself back in those days but I have since out grown playing with my Nintendo consoles. But it still doesn't stop me adding to my collection.

Finally I am not going to get into a debate on whether the PC is better than the console or not. As I think there is a market and a place for both items. I just find it very frustrating that real WWII flight simulators use to get released on the PC. But now it seems all that is getting released on the PC are these arcade style flight simulators and realistically they will never be as good as a real flight simulator.

Flare94
08-14-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure if I know of any realistic flight sims besides Birds of Prey coming out, unfortunately. Well, unfortunately for you at least. I, and many other people here, happen to prefer arcade style flight.

Hothand283
08-15-2009, 06:43 AM
Cybagirl, there is a reason that there are no sims coming to PC: THEY DON'T SELL.

Yes, flying in a simulation can be fun..... for those of us who enjoy that kind of thing. However, most people want to feel like a hot shot hero, so arcade flying is more attractive to the majority.

Heroes is unique in that there are sim elements to the flight engine; weight, roll rate, turning radius, climb all factor into this game, making it a nice blend of arcade and sim.

Sorry you don't like the game, but don't think this is some Iron Aces or Blazing Angels clone; this game is a great blend with a quality story(complete with cheesy dialogue, lol)to make it an accessible and enjoyable package.

IL-2 Birds of Prey comes out in Sept. for 360?PS3, and it is quite good from the demo I've played. Perhaps that might be a better choice? Or you can start developing your own game and find out just how niche the Sim market is?

B_WHITE00
08-15-2009, 11:18 AM
We are resorting to name calling?

You are the one who burned all the console players here by saying we're all "kiddies". I don't know about antone else here, but I'm pretty sure that's not what one would enjoy being named. Why not just console players, eh? Maybe if you worded that sentence better, this argument may never have happend.

StarFire1973
08-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Cybagirl its not wise to ask for something in a rude manner as you did...

This game coming up is fine, not everyone has the time or the desire to learn 20+ switches just to start the engine http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Anyway to answer your questions.

1. Storm of War, Battle of Britain is slated for next year.

2. DCS Blackshark is available now, and is a pretty hardcore helicopter sim (20+ switches!).

3. Rise of Flight a WW1 sim is available, but has horrible DRM. Its still maturing, but given time will probably lead WW1 era flight sims, but First Eagles may have the edge.

Simulations do sale...And there is definitely room for both.

azamato2007
08-21-2009, 08:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hothand283:
Cybagirl, there is a reason that there are no sims coming to PC: THEY DON'T SELL.

Yes, flying in a simulation can be fun..... for those of us who enjoy that kind of thing. However, most people want to feel like a hot shot hero, so arcade flying is more attractive to the majority.

Heroes is unique in that there are sim elements to the flight engine; weight, roll rate, turning radius, climb all factor into this game, making it a nice blend of arcade and sim.

Sorry you don't like the game, but don't think this is some Iron Aces or Blazing Angels clone; this game is a great blend with a quality story(complete with cheesy dialogue, lol)to make it an accessible and enjoyable package.

IL-2 Birds of Prey comes out in Sept. for 360?PS3, and it is quite good from the demo I've played. Perhaps that might be a better choice? Or you can start developing your own game and find out just how niche the Sim market is? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol Heroes of Europe isnt unique, not by a long shot, remember Blazing Angels http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Love Ubisoft for making the best games in genres, still i would like a good sim from Ubisoft, i got IL2 (TS buy IL2 1946 its good sim) but IL2 is made just for realism and doesn't look much like a video game. I think Ubisoft can make the perfect sim. Use the sim engines and put in a great story line and missions. And u got my interest

B_WHITE00
08-21-2009, 07:09 PM
I can gaurantee that HoE is not 'just another blazing angels'. There are no tesla coils, guided missles, fire and forget missles etc...

HoE will beat BA any day.

Brinkman0
08-23-2009, 09:37 PM
I'm actually getting this game because it's NOT a sim. Sim games seem to have all realism and zero polish. Look at IL2, menu's/story are non existent. This game looks to be the most diverse arcade flight game to date. I'll def pick it up for the PC.

Koeben
08-24-2009, 07:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">lol Heroes of Europe isnt unique, not by a long shot, remember Blazing Angels Big Grin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't help but laugh at this comment.

For starters, Heroes of the Pacific is the predecessor to this game, and came out quite a bit before Blazing Angels. It was most certainly unique for the fact that it blended some realistic aspects, (as hothand mentioned) with the dogfight friendly arcade action. You could even fly in the cockpit, despite it all being generic. Blazing Angels on the other hand, is the typical (and horrible) arcadedogfighter that generally gives the genre a bad name. In neither BA games did they account for the weight of the planes, and the weapons in the second game were horribly cheesey, not to mention annoying. I don't think there was a difference in climb rate either, though they did give the zero a horrible roll-rate in BA2. But what was really bad in BA, was the turning, the planes just moved in complete circles, the curve not changing when speed increases or decreases, or with a critical change of altitude, and you really couldn't do any maneuvers more advanced than just banking and turning (that made dogfighting quite boring imo)I'm sorry, but comparing Heroes of the Pacific, or the soon to be heroes over europe to Blazing Angels is not only foolish, but blasphemous!

All provided Heroes Over Europe lives up to my expectations by doing what HOTP did right, and making it better

zarfire
08-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Easy to pontificate and make assumptions. I am a WW2 era guy who loved Aces of the Pacific. Flight simulation doesn't pay off to the same extent as arcade type games and I regret to say I see less and less real simulation. Ubisoft has shown the way with releasing WW2 flight and sub sims. This forum is for those that enjoy an arcade approach (not right or wrong) and I think this product will be successful. This game was sent to my inbox because I love SH series and hence Ubisoft have me on their marketing rolls. For those of us that enjoy immersion and reality over arcade fun there are memories of the days where 286 and 386 played to original Falcon simulation flight sims...ahh those were the days. Now as I sit perched atop my i7 chip I see much graphics and a need for developers to survive in a world that is increasingly seeking a quick easy splash of income. There is a place for each in the greater gaming world - happiness and enjoyment are not just the prerogative of X Box folk - long live thoughtful true simulation games so admirably represented by Ubisoft (if not in this particular product). We all need to survive and the fact is people no longer have the time or inclination to read lengthy manuals; I understand because my grandchildren use c++ and have objects and derivatives pre packaged in their brave new world).

Mr_Zooly
09-02-2009, 12:11 AM
The next big WW2 flight sim for the PC is Storm of War: the Battle of Britain which is hopefully being released sometime next year.
Apparently there is going to be an addon to DCS Black Shark in which the A10 becomes flyable, for WW1 there is Rise of Flight (mixed reviews about that one though).