PDA

View Full Version : Splashing Sounds Gone

ElephantMemory
09-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Hey Guys, I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that in both GWX and WAC they seem to have taken out the wave splashing sound effect that happens when the bow of the submarine hits a wave or breaks the surface of the water. Now normally something this small would not bug me, given how awesome these Supermods are. But I don't know, The rough water and storms just seem to be lacking something without this sound effect. It's almost like the bad weather is to quiet. The sounds of the engines are louder than the hurricane going on. Sure, I can hear the wind blowing alittle bit, but the ocean is not making much sound at all. I want to hear waves crashing against the boat and the conning tower! I want to hear the bow of the U-boat crash into the towering waves!

.... soo.... anyone know of a sound mod that has really good rough weather sounds? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks Again everyone
Good Hunting!

ElephantMemory
09-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Hey Guys, I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that in both GWX and WAC they seem to have taken out the wave splashing sound effect that happens when the bow of the submarine hits a wave or breaks the surface of the water. Now normally something this small would not bug me, given how awesome these Supermods are. But I don't know, The rough water and storms just seem to be lacking something without this sound effect. It's almost like the bad weather is to quiet. The sounds of the engines are louder than the hurricane going on. Sure, I can hear the wind blowing alittle bit, but the ocean is not making much sound at all. I want to hear waves crashing against the boat and the conning tower! I want to hear the bow of the U-boat crash into the towering waves!

.... soo.... anyone know of a sound mod that has really good rough weather sounds? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks Again everyone
Good Hunting!

AtlantikEel
09-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Odd....
I run GWX 1.03, and these wave sound effects are still there for me.

tuddley3
09-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Actually, I run GWX1.3 with GWX-TA, and I experience Splashing and Wind sounds even when I am submerged, so it must be a GWX thing no one has fixed.