PDA

View Full Version : A MUTCH better way to win "The Finale" on RUSE

Todda468
01-11-2011, 06:50 AM
First of all I am fine for anyone to post their own ideas or strategy, being able to beats this game easily means it is a lot of fun to win it different ways.

Second I used the germans so i will refer to their units but most things should be similiar.

In the Uplay help video (i had already finished the game) the guys said to prepare for attacks on all flanks, I saw that behind hsi base there were russian tanks building up (bad sign). What i did the first time was rush whirbelwinds (3) (german aa tanks) to the left flank where the paratropper planes initially attack, with the help of 1 or 2 me262s as well i can usually take down all the planes, although the cost of the whirbelwinds may seem excessive it completely eliminates 1 flank. For less than 200$ this means you can place much more forces on the main choke point. I dont know about anyone else but it is much easier to defend this way because by using AT guns with a few tanks their attacks can be destroyed. Even if they break through the town can be usd by cheap infantry and AT guns to lay ambushes (even if these dont technically count as ambushes because they arnt consealed).

What i also did which I think helped was to take out the russian air force base, this just seems like an easy investment, by spending 100$ (2 german bombers) i saved myself from air attacks and saved on aa guns.

Todda468
01-11-2011, 06:50 AM
First of all I am fine for anyone to post their own ideas or strategy, being able to beats this game easily means it is a lot of fun to win it different ways.

Second I used the germans so i will refer to their units but most things should be similiar.

In the Uplay help video (i had already finished the game) the guys said to prepare for attacks on all flanks, I saw that behind hsi base there were russian tanks building up (bad sign). What i did the first time was rush whirbelwinds (3) (german aa tanks) to the left flank where the paratropper planes initially attack, with the help of 1 or 2 me262s as well i can usually take down all the planes, although the cost of the whirbelwinds may seem excessive it completely eliminates 1 flank. For less than 200$ this means you can place much more forces on the main choke point. I dont know about anyone else but it is much easier to defend this way because by using AT guns with a few tanks their attacks can be destroyed. Even if they break through the town can be usd by cheap infantry and AT guns to lay ambushes (even if these dont technically count as ambushes because they arnt consealed).

What i also did which I think helped was to take out the russian air force base, this just seems like an easy investment, by spending 100$ (2 german bombers) i saved myself from air attacks and saved on aa guns.