PDA

View Full Version : why doesnt the .50cal not do more?

natty-dreadlock
07-25-2006, 01:49 AM
I have had shoulder and neck shots(and even a shot to the back) with the .50cal not kill, or at the very least incapcitate someone enough to take them out of the fight(basically a techicnicallity kill).

Once again the damage model needs to be tweaked so that frags can actually wound and not just kill, and large caliber high-velocity rounds do more damage. The .50 cal sniper rifle would seem to render anyone ineffective at the ranges we play at.

Also GL nades need to have splash damage that can hurt the user when used at close range. Close quarter use of GLs should be threatening to the user, causing wounds and/or death.

natty-dreadlock
07-25-2006, 01:49 AM
I have had shoulder and neck shots(and even a shot to the back) with the .50cal not kill, or at the very least incapcitate someone enough to take them out of the fight(basically a techicnicallity kill).

Once again the damage model needs to be tweaked so that frags can actually wound and not just kill, and large caliber high-velocity rounds do more damage. The .50 cal sniper rifle would seem to render anyone ineffective at the ranges we play at.

Also GL nades need to have splash damage that can hurt the user when used at close range. Close quarter use of GLs should be threatening to the user, causing wounds and/or death.

DthDealer71
07-25-2006, 06:30 AM
GL nades do have splash damage, that much I know for sure. I think that comes up in the tips while loading.

As far as the .50cal stuff your right. Plus if you hit someone in the leg or thigh in the "real world" their leg and thigh would be blown off and land 50 feet from the point of impact or totally disentagrate it.

DD

SlayerSST
07-25-2006, 08:43 AM
I dont know about u guys but I have never had a "wounding shot" with the .50 cal sniper. Everyone I hit they go down. I hit people in the feet or hand and they still go down. So I dont know whats up with urs.

Judge_Recluse
07-25-2006, 08:49 AM
The only wounding shots I have ever seen with a .50 cal (tested on closed server with friend) were when the person being shot was behind a thick object like a palm tree.

But when shot while in the open, it never mattered where he shot me, I was dead.

Snipe4Me
07-25-2006, 09:46 AM
Being that I haven't tested this in real life http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif I am going to have to say that with the .50 caliber, no matter where you hit, the guy should be as good as dead. There are times though, where it appears that the baddy is wide open from a distance, yet, he doesn't go down and as I get closer I see that he's behind cover of tree or something else that should have appeared from the short distance I was aiming from the beginning... this may be your case.

Delta_Hoot
07-25-2006, 11:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by natty-dreadlock:

Also GL nades need to have splash damage that can hurt the user when used at close range. Close quarter use of GLs should be threatening to the user, causing wounds and/or death. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right on.

GR series never had a good solid damage model and GRAW is no expecption. In fact, is so unrealistic when it comes to caliber/wounds/ballistics it's not even funny. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

natty-dreadlock
07-25-2006, 03:06 PM
I actually shot a guy last night at point balnk range, like 5ft away. I actually saw the small blood splatter. I wasnt scoped, i fired from the hip. no kill. I was 100% that game, I fired atleast 5 rounds and onlyhad 2 kills. All targets were in the open. It was the desert map in deathmatch.

Also with respect to splash damage with GLs, someone has actually been wounded and not killed by their own GL nade at close range? As far as I can tell all frags either kill or nothing at all.