PDA

View Full Version : Click desktop icon but nothing happens.

Jif_Lemon
06-26-2006, 01:29 PM
This morning I had to reinstall windows as for whatever reason it had stopped working yesterday. GRAW ran perfectly fine on it before with no problems whatsoever, but now I cannot get it to run at all.

I have installed graphics card drivers and audio drivers and made sure directx was up to date. But when I double click the shortcut I hear the dvd start whirring and the rectangle with 'Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter' comes up and will stay there. Pressing ctrl+alt+del and checking processes dumprep.exe comes up using 135mb of memory (wasn't there before clicking shortcut) and the cpu usage is at 100%. This problem happens whether not its patched (1.16) or freshly installed.

I am out of ideas as to what could be causing this.

System specs are: 64 Athlon 3200, Geforce 7600gt, 1gb ram.

Edit: Upon restarting I notice that nvidia control panel tells me its switching from sli mode to single gpu mode, which is weird as I don't have an sli motherboard nor have I ever set it to SLI, looking into this now.

Jif_Lemon
06-26-2006, 01:29 PM
This morning I had to reinstall windows as for whatever reason it had stopped working yesterday. GRAW ran perfectly fine on it before with no problems whatsoever, but now I cannot get it to run at all.

I have installed graphics card drivers and audio drivers and made sure directx was up to date. But when I double click the shortcut I hear the dvd start whirring and the rectangle with 'Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter' comes up and will stay there. Pressing ctrl+alt+del and checking processes dumprep.exe comes up using 135mb of memory (wasn't there before clicking shortcut) and the cpu usage is at 100%. This problem happens whether not its patched (1.16) or freshly installed.

I am out of ideas as to what could be causing this.

System specs are: 64 Athlon 3200, Geforce 7600gt, 1gb ram.

Edit: Upon restarting I notice that nvidia control panel tells me its switching from sli mode to single gpu mode, which is weird as I don't have an sli motherboard nor have I ever set it to SLI, looking into this now.