PDA

View Full Version : Splintercell3.exe damaged or infected

brokengame06
06-14-2006, 02:29 AM
I've installed SC3 and put in ym install code, but whenever I go to start the game it goes to the "Checking Disc" part and after a second gives me the error that "The application's module SPLINTERCELL3.EXE was modified. It may be damaged or infected by virus. Reinstall the application." It doesn't seem to matter what I do, it keeps giving me that.

I tried patching it to the latest version, I disabled any virtual drives, I reinstalled, I got the latest firmware for my DVD drive, I updated my starforce drivers, and STILL I get the same error that prevents me from ever actually getting to play the game. Does anyone else have this problem?

(For those wondering, yeah, I did buy the game and I'm isntalling from the official straight-out-of-the-box DVD.

brokengame06
06-14-2006, 02:29 AM
I've installed SC3 and put in ym install code, but whenever I go to start the game it goes to the "Checking Disc" part and after a second gives me the error that "The application's module SPLINTERCELL3.EXE was modified. It may be damaged or infected by virus. Reinstall the application." It doesn't seem to matter what I do, it keeps giving me that.

I tried patching it to the latest version, I disabled any virtual drives, I reinstalled, I got the latest firmware for my DVD drive, I updated my starforce drivers, and STILL I get the same error that prevents me from ever actually getting to play the game. Does anyone else have this problem?

(For those wondering, yeah, I did buy the game and I'm isntalling from the official straight-out-of-the-box DVD.

brokengame06
06-14-2006, 02:35 AM
I should point out that the online version works fine, it's just splintercell3.exe which apparently keeps giving this error and preventing me from playing.

jzorro
06-14-2006, 11:51 PM
It could be your antivirus. Especially if it is hanging during the check disc. Panda and McAfee are the worst for this. Try disabling that.