PDA

View Full Version : R6 Vegas 2 Announced

XyZspineZyX
11-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Hello All, ok you can at last stop guessing as today Ubisoft announced R6 Vegas 2, Enjoy! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for next-generation consoles and PC is scheduled for a March 2008 release. Developed at Ubisoft Montreal by the same team that created the award-winning Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the sixth iteration in the wildly successful Rainbow Six franchise which celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2008 with more than 16 million units sold worldwide to date.

"Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas took the gaming world by storm in 2006 thanks to its technological advances and gameplay innovations," said Yves Guillemot, president and chief executive officer at Ubisoft. "We are convinced that Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will remain a pioneer in the highly competitive first person shooter genre, bringing more of what Rainbow Six fans love to the table."

Full Details (http://www.ubi.com/UK/News/Info.aspx?nId=4976) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Hello All, ok you can at last stop guessing as today Ubisoft announced R6 Vegas 2, Enjoy! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for next-generation consoles and PC is scheduled for a March 2008 release. Developed at Ubisoft Montreal by the same team that created the award-winning Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the sixth iteration in the wildly successful Rainbow Six franchise which celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2008 with more than 16 million units sold worldwide to date.

"Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas took the gaming world by storm in 2006 thanks to its technological advances and gameplay innovations," said Yves Guillemot, president and chief executive officer at Ubisoft. "We are convinced that Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will remain a pioneer in the highly competitive first person shooter genre, bringing more of what Rainbow Six fans love to the table." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Full Details (http://www.ubi.com/UK/News/Info.aspx?nId=4976) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

ninja.kage
11-20-2007, 06:31 PM
I am appalled that UbiSoft is releasing Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 and has yet to address any issues on the PS3 versions of their games. Every single UbiSoft game I have purchased is BUGGY. To the point of unplayable. I have given up completely on Rainbow Six Vegas for PS3 as it takes me, 80% of the time, 1 full hour just to get into a game; online or off. The game crashes right to the XMB while loading either campaign or online match. I own the following PS3 games;

Assassin's Creed
Blast Factor
Call of Duty 4
The Darkness
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Eye of Judgment
F.E.A.R.
Folklore
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Heavenly Sword
LAIR
MLB 07
Motorstorm
Need for Speed: Carbon
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Resistance: Fall of Man
Skate
Spiderman 3
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
Super Stardust HD
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
Virtua Fighter 5
Warhawk

(and some other PSN downloadable games)

Other games I used to own;

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Tony Hawk: Project 8

Of all these games, the ones with the most problems, no acknowledgment of known issues and NO PATCHES from the developers are; Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six: Vegas, and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. That's right, all UBISOFT games.

So what does UbiSoft do about these issues? Ignore them, at least on PS3. I cannot believe that you expect people to go out and buy a rehash of a buggy game that has obvious issues that hamper game play, i.e.: constant crashing or lockup.

If UbiSoft releases Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 before patching the current game on PS3, I will NEVER buy a UbiSoft game again. Ever. Releasing a new version of a buggy game without patching the previous installment shows lack of commitment and irresponsibility. History has proven that UbiSoft does not care about the consumer, only the profits raked in from selling shoddy ports on expendable' platforms. I will share this information with as many people as I can. I will write to all the gaming magazines to point these issues out. I will post on all major gamer sites to get the word out.

I buy games, lots of games. I convince my friends to buy games after I have tried them out. Some would have never considered some of the games they own if it were not for me talking the game up. Go ahead, release Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 before patching the first installment I am hoping that you do so that I may share this with the rest of the world.

I don't care if you delete this post, I have copies. I'll just mention the lack of concern and acknowledgement from UbiSoft to GamePro, Game Informer, Play Magazine, Official Playstation Magazine, IGN, 1UP, US Playstation Boards, Gamer Advisory Panel, Joystick, MTV.com, Kotaku, Engadget, Punch Jump, Game Planet, PALGN, Gamasutra, Game Daily, PC World, every news source you can think of.

Twinkies1967
11-20-2007, 09:39 PM
I know I had a previous post where I said I was done with Ubi but with the announcement of Vegas 2 while the old Vegas Patch is still in the works I just had to come back.

I just dont understand why Ubi never followed through with the Vegas patch but are already pushing another game out the door that I am sure they wont support either. Vegas was a very good game and with the promised patch might have been a great game.

But with Ubi's stance of delivering a ****ty port several months late and then never delivering on this phantom patch promises you can count me out, I am smarter then that.

Doc_Gerbil_1
11-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I can't believe you have the gall to come say "Hello All, ok you can at last stop guessing as today Ubisoft announced R6 Vegas 2, Enjoy!"

You obviously haven't even looked at the PS3 board at all have you ms-kleaneasy? No one comes here except to feed consumers more products for us to go buy. We complain about the patch, and you think we're getting hyped about the next RB6 game?

You can come and tell us "HEY, NEW GAME'S ANNOUNCED, GET PUMPED FOR IT AND GO BUY IT WHEN IT COMES OUT!" but when it comes time to be loyal to the customer and give us what you promised us on the back of the box, you give us a royal "Screw you."

No contact with the community, no loyalty to the customer, and you want us to give you more money? If these were my forums (which they obviously aren't, I'm just a guest) I would tell you to get lost. Your forum managers like bukowski don't even check their PMs. No one replies to the customer; the customer service here is appalling.

GSG_9_Rage
11-21-2007, 01:21 AM
Hey, she didn't ask for the attitude nor does she deserve it. She is simply delivering news of a new game. She is not even encouraging people to take interest it. She is simply stating the announcement that was made. Second, Bukowski and Kleaneasy are Forum Managers, not Customer Support Agents. They help here in the forums. Also, these are forums for game discussion, not a means of customer support. Please direct all concerns to Ubisoft Customer Support at (919)460-9778.

sa1ph
11-21-2007, 02:38 AM
What a joke. I'm not spending another 40 on a game that will have bugs in it from the start and then never get patched.

I hope ninja kage does shout about this like he says in his post. Telling us there is a patch in the works and then never delivering or updating us on where it is. I dont know about everyone else but thats enough to put me off buying ubisofts games again.

The people that buy this will be the people who don't come to these forums. But are they your loyal supporters?

davesurfer
11-21-2007, 05:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GSG_9_Rage:
Hey, she didn't ask for the attitude nor does she deserve it. She is simply delivering news of a new game. She is not even encouraging people to take interest it. She is simply stating the announcement that was made. Second, Bukowski and Kleaneasy are Forum Managers, not Customer Support Agents. They help here in the forums. Also, these are forums for game discussion, not a means of customer support. Please direct all concerns to Ubisoft Customer Support at (919)460-9778. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you saying discussing a flawed game and a patch anoouncement on July 31st (which never arrived) is not a discussion about the game? Can you seriously say that? Then why are there stickies about a patch? We do have a right to be upset, and shocked that a part 2 is announced when we were promissed a part 1 patch.

Giving out the support number is insincere. Do you think a call to support will do anything? I have been a memebr of UBISofts forums for YEARS. You know why? A series buggy games, and I always have to come here to find out what is going on.

On Warlords Battlecry II, the devs at Enlight had to release "Unoffical" patches because UBISoft wouldn't release them. Enlight eventually broke off their relationship with UBISoft, partly due to the lack of game support post release.

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2007, 05:41 AM
Doc_Gerbil_1 I have been in this position a matter of weeks and was on starting the job immediatly aware of your questions over the patch, however i do not have any news to offer you on this and so couldnt post anything for you about it. Not because i dont know or dont care but because i simply didnt have any news for you.

May i also add that i do respond to ALL the private messages i receive and usually in very good time depending on the timezone crossover. I am sorry to hear your frustration but sadly do not have any news at this time that will improve that.

sssick_v2
11-21-2007, 08:07 AM
This is probably one of the funniest threads I have ever read. They are releasing a sequel to a broken game!!!....lol.

I come on here about once a week to let as many newcomers as I can, know how horrible Ubisoft is, and how there is no customer support. If I can get at least a few people to never buy Ubi products again, I will be successful.

ice2ice
11-21-2007, 08:18 AM
I think that most of the community will agree with me on this...

UBISOFT WE don't trust your products no more!

Thats all I have to say

ninja.kage
11-21-2007, 08:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GSG_9_Rage:
Hey, she didn't ask for the attitude nor does she deserve it. She is simply delivering news of a new game. She is not even encouraging people to take interest it. She is simply stating the announcement that was made. Second, Bukowski and Kleaneasy are Forum Managers, not Customer Support Agents. They help here in the forums. Also, these are forums for game discussion, not a means of customer support. Please direct all concerns to Ubisoft Customer Support at (919)460-9778. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have contacted UbiSoft tech support and shared my problems with them...

There is no patch coming for the PS3. Quote from the support tech; "Sony does not allow patches on their system." The person I spoke with was as helpful and honest as they could be which is very appreciated. Rather than being given a run-around with lies about a non-existant patch, being told the truth makes me feel better.

GSG_9_Rage, what is this for? http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/2231031415

I believe it is labeled "Rainbow Six Tech Support". I have browsed the forum thread and found many people reporting problems and no replys from a mod or developer. So what do you expect from angry customers? Keep quiet? I don't think so. They will go to the thread that is actually monitored by moderators and post their problems and concerns. Give us a reliable outlet to get assistance with our problems, then they might actually honor your request.

It is becoming more and more obvious to me that UbiSoft just does not care. This is it, no more UbiSoft games for me. No Haze, no End War, no Splinter Cell, no Rainbow Six, no Ghost Recon, no more UbiSoft games.

Buyer beware.

soomi
11-21-2007, 09:46 AM
lol

this ****e's funny. oh man i can't believe i've never finished rb6v and graw2... damn

oh yea rb6v2 is broken btw... i heard something to do with the upscale feature but ubisoft announced a patch is coming!

davesurfer
11-21-2007, 11:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninja.kage:
I have contacted UbiSoft tech support and shared my problems with them...

There is no patch coming for the PS3. Quote from the support tech; "Sony does not allow patches on their system." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We all know this is a joke. R:FoM has had like 6 patches, and Warhawk has a patch.

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2007, 11:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninja.kage:
GSG_9_Rage, what is this for? http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/2231031415

I believe it is labeled "Rainbow Six Tech Support". I have browsed the forum thread and found many people reporting problems and no replys from a mod or developer. So what do you expect from angry customers? Keep quiet? I don't think so. They will go to the thread that is actually monitored by moderators and post their problems and concerns. Give us a reliable outlet to get assistance with our problems, then they might actually honor your request. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its called "Rainbow Six Tech Support - Self Help" meaning 'self help' you seek information and advice from other posters, it is not an official support forum.

kwiky1982
11-21-2007, 11:19 AM
well personally i think this is great news, i cant wait to get my hands on a copy, sure, RSV was buggy and had more than a few annoying faults but i still played it every night and i still play it now, the plus points outway the bad i reckon, hopefully ubisoft will have learned from the mistakes made with RSV and make sure that the new game has none of these faults or bugs,

to be honest im pleased they aint patching RSV it would be pointless now seeing as the new game is due out in 4 months, i'd far rather the devs spend all their time working to make number 2 great than wasting it on a game that noone will play after march,

i just really, really hope it doesnt get delayed

regards.........kwiky

Doc_Gerbil_1
11-21-2007, 11:29 AM
If you have really been here for weeks, ms-kleaneasy, then I'm a bit taken aback you haven't noticed the abundance of topics pertaining to a patch for this potentially incredible game. Right now it's a half-baked mess of bugs, glitches, lag, and bad headsets.

I would make a list of topics about the patch, but there already is one (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=search&reqWords=patch&exactPhrase=&optWords=&notWords=&f=8971060175&subjectOnly=Y&afterDate=&beforeDate=&authorName=&exactAuthor=Y&sortType=0&ptyp_poll=Y&ptyp_album=Y&ptyp_msg=Y&ptyp_count=3&x_display_post_details=1&groupType=1&search=Search).

A good guy named Tricky was putting some well-thought out posts here... back in the summer. Since that pretty much means it's history that may never be seen again, here's a glimpse of what people were like when they were patient and trusting Ubisoft when they said a patch was coming out:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by T-R-I-C-K-Y:
Well Doc, some of us went down this road a few weeks back (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8971060175/m/5571044075) when the game launched. We were shocked (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3571084024/m/5791067075?r=5791067075#5791067075) to see that there was virtually no official support of this website...Not even a welcome to PS3 users, no "Known Issues", nothing.

Heck, there was a full week of threads like this (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3571084024/m/1031012765?r=2481046075#2481046075) and near-bans until we were even given a separate forum for PS3 users.

Looking at those threads, it should become clear just how uninvolved Ubisoft is in these forums, and even though they seem to be aware of what's going on here, they seem to have no desire whatsoever to communicate with its customers. Also, it's important to note that the one "moderator in training" who seems to pay any attention to this forum is not an Ubisoft employee, just a X-Box 360 gamer.

But don't fret - Some of us are already working on taking it straight to the horse's mouth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was like that for a long time too - then, I realized it was probably ridiculous to come to an official forum for a game and expect the company to be on it!

Moderators come and go, "Community Coordinators" come (kazzoo) and never show up except to take their welcome hugs and other greetings, and dozens of topics and hundreds of thought-out posts surface. Only a handful are addressed; most are given the reply "be patient, news comes at the top of the forum," except that's news we've never seen.

Boom4U1 said it best back in early September:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally Posted by Boom4U1:
Well, a eclipse has passed, Motorstorm is releasing a 3rd update,my friends daughter has hit puberty, thinking of buying a new house,2 hurricanes have come and gone and we still have no RB6 Patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So could you maybe tell us what's going on, why there are contradictory statements coming from your support line and these forums, why employees don't visit regularly, and most importantly, why there isn't a patch yet? When can we expect it? And what specific issues will be addressed?

Infinity Ward has already submitted a patch for Call of Duty 4 on the PS3 after a measly 1 week. It's in the process of being approved by Sony right now. Shouldn't this game have a patch, too

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2007, 03:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Doc_Gerbil_1:
If you have really been here for weeks, ms-kleaneasy, then I'm a bit taken aback you haven't noticed the abundance of topics pertaining to a patch for this potentially incredible game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I said in my earlier response, I have noticed, and I have asked about it but the sad reality is that I currently don't have any news to give you. Again I realise this isn't what you want to hear and as a gamer i totally understand the frustration that brings but it doesn't change the circumstances as they stand. But be assured I am very aware of the feeling on this forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Moderators come and go, "Community Coordinators" come (kazzoo) and never show up except to take their welcome hugs and other greetings, and dozens of topics and hundreds of thought-out posts surface. Only a handful are addressed; most are given the reply "be patient, news comes at the top of the forum," except that's news we've never seen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is why I have come on board, Kazzoo is an excellent community manager but to do her job properly she simply doesn't have the amount of time she would like to talk to everyone on the forums. My job is to be your first point of contact, to understand the issues you are experiencing and ensure this information is feed back to the Community Manager and beyond. I realise you havnt seen a great deal of my as of yet but as I said before I have only been on board a matter of weeks and it takes time to settle in

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">So could you maybe tell us what's going on, why there are contradictory statements coming from your support line and these forums, why employees don't visit regularly, and most importantly, why there isn't a patch yet? When can we expect it? And what specific issues will be addressed?

Infinity Ward has already submitted a patch for Call of Duty 4 on the PS3 after a measly 1 week. It's in the process of being approved by Sony right now. Shouldn't this game have a patch, too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cant comment on contradictory statements as I don't have the facts but if such a situation is occurring I would appreciate any and all information you can provide, If you can send this over in PT I will look into it for you

As to the what, where and whens again I can only repeat my earlier comments, I have asked and currently there is no new information

Doc_Gerbil_1
11-21-2007, 04:42 PM
I thank you immensely for the speedy response!! "Better late than ever."

I'm sorry I was a bit of a ******* (maybe an understatement??), I am/was just fed up with seeing a third or fourth employee come along without any news. I though it would be best to take a different approach to drawing some attention to the patch that has been absent for nearly half a year.

Thanks again. Please stay in touch with the community!! And if it doesn't violate your NDA and you can get some info on the patch (if it even exists), that would be terrific http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mr.Hanky2005
11-21-2007, 05:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">if it doesn't violate your NDA and you can get some info on the patch (if it even exists), that would be terrific </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doc, please let me assure you that kleaneasy and kazzoo are both trying to get information. I've been talking to both of them and know that they are working very hard to get the information. I am also bugging people, trying to get any information possible.

ninja.kage
11-21-2007, 08:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:

I believe it is labeled "Rainbow Six Tech Support". I have browsed the forum thread and found many people reporting problems and no replys from a mod or developer. So what do you expect from angry customers? Keep quiet? I don't think so. They will go to the thread that is actually monitored by moderators and post their problems and concerns. Give us a reliable outlet to get assistance with our problems, then they might actually honor your request. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its called "Rainbow Six Tech Support - Self Help" meaning 'self help' you seek information and advice from other posters, it is not an official support forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I stated in another post, you directed us to customer support about complaints and they directed us here.

So now what?

Doc_Gerbil_1
11-21-2007, 09:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:

Its called "Rainbow Six Tech Support - Self Help" meaning 'self help' you seek information and advice from other posters, it is not an official support forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I stated in another post, you directed us to customer support about complaints and they directed us here.

So now what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully you don't hear a big sucking noise coming from me.. but you wait a week or two and see if they can get any info.

Mr.Hanky has been around here for a very long time and has been making sure these forums don't turn into an unregulated wasteland.. just a wasteland http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I have to give you credit and thanks for the service Mr.Hanky.

XyZspineZyX
11-22-2007, 03:30 AM

Do you have a ticket number from the call?

Gamerwillz
11-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Oh yeah, R6V2 is announced while there is no patch for R6V. Ubisoft isn't doing good job!

HunterTheSix
11-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah im new to this and i will like to know how this works and i really want to know if rainbow six vegas2 for ps3 will be equally made like the 360 version kinda like call of duty4 if anyone or thinks they know can you inform me this is my first reply here oh and ahh LIVE LONG RAINBOWSIX VEGAS

Doc_Gerbil_1
11-23-2007, 12:12 PM
I just realized - even if we do get a patch now, we'd only have it for a few months before the sequel is out.

It isn't even worth waiting for a patch. This is beyond disappointment.

blitzcloud777
11-23-2007, 01:24 PM
soooo not buying.

djroberts2007
11-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Why is it only listed as 360 and PC? This is 4 PS3 as well right? Obviously that's the assumption since you're announcing it here. Could you confirm because the rumors are already flying that this is a 360/Windows exclusive.

SolidSnakePR
11-23-2007, 07:14 PM
I have some info here: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=23025

XyZspineZyX
11-24-2007, 05:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSnakePR:
I have some info here: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=23025 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That article is inaccurate from the offset, it states R6 Vegas 2 as under an announced delay...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A while ago Ubisoft announced that Rainbow Six Vegas 2 among Haze and Splinter Cell Conviction would be subject to an adjusted release date. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure we can announce a games delay a 'while ago' when we only just announced it in development this week http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by djroberts2007:
Why is it only listed as 360 and PC? This is 4 PS3 as well right? Obviously that's the assumption since you're announcing it here. Could you confirm because the rumors are already flying that this is a 360/Windows exclusive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This weeks press release.........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> London, UK " November 20, 2007 " Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that it is developing Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for next-generation consoles and PC. Developed at Ubisoft Montreal by the same team that created the award-winning Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas, the highly anticipated sequel is scheduled for a March 2008 release. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the sixth iteration in the wildly successful Rainbow Six franchise which celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2008 with more than 16 million units sold worldwide to date.

"Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas took the gaming world by storm in 2006 thanks to its technological advances and gameplay innovations," said Yves Guillemot, president and chief executive officer at Ubisoft. "We are convinced that Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will remain a pioneer in the highly competitive first person shooter genre, bringing more of what Rainbow Six fans love to the table."

The highly anticipated sequel to the winner of numerous awards, including IGN's 2006 Best First Person Shooter and Best Online Game, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will push the franchise to new heights by adding new gameplay features and even more stunning visuals. Players will encounter an intense solo campaign that uses new tactical possibilities in various locations around Sin City. As expected with one of the pioneer franchises for online multiplayer Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will also break new ground in both co-op and adversarial modes, while providing unprecedented interaction between the solo and multiplayer modes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sssick_v2
11-24-2007, 07:36 AM
I hope it's Xbox exclusive, this was I don't have to insult my PS3 by putting trash in it.

Boom4U1
11-24-2007, 09:32 AM
oh awesome, so the wii is a next gen machine. I guess that means it is coming to that machine too ? LOL

SoonToBeBanned
11-24-2007, 10:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sssick_v2:
I hope it's Xbox exclusive, this was I don't have to insult my PS3 by putting trash in it.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you are joking, but for average gamers who didn't catch the joke, YOU DON'T HAVE to buy any trash available for your platform...

Devoured_Frenzy
11-24-2007, 04:59 PM
We're still waiting for RB6 Vegas 1 to patched UBISOFT...**** RB62

BiggieTaco
11-24-2007, 06:56 PM
You know what would be great? Before releasing another damn buggy game, Fix Vegas ONE, which has been out since JUNE. JUNE. ITS NEARLY DECEMBER. How long does it take to make a patch. Its not even the fact there's no patch which is the problem... it's that there has been NO communication. While waiting for Vegas to get patched, many other games have come out on PS3... Warhawk, Ratchet and Clank, Call of Duty 4, etc. There is no point to even go on Vegas now. There has been no patch yet, don't even bother. Whatever development you have done it the patch, if ANY, trash it. It's also not nice knowing that apprently Assassin's Creed has awful bugs as well. How long for that patch too?

I didnt bother buying GRAW 2. I didnt buy Assassin's Creed and unless i see a patch, i'll skip that either. Hopefully HAZE comes out decent. It's the only game your releasing this year that im interested now. Wait what? It's delayed to 2008? Well forget that than! With recent news of Unreal Tournament 3 coming out this December, i'll be sure to pick that up on day one!

The problem wouldn't be as bad for me cause i have a good PC for games. But the games suffer on PC too! So its pretty much Xbox 360 or nothing, nice way to ignore the rest of your fans ( as in, the rest of your income. ) I was a big fan of Ubisoft back when it was PS2, Xbox, Gamecube. Great games like Beyond Good and Evil, Prince of Persia, Rainbow Six 3 Raven Sheild. What happened?

djroberts2007
11-25-2007, 01:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SolidSnakePR:
I have some info here: http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=23025 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That article is inaccurate from the offset, it states R6 Vegas 2 as under an announced delay...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">A while ago Ubisoft announced that Rainbow Six Vegas 2 among Haze and Splinter Cell Conviction would be subject to an adjusted release date. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not sure we can announce a games delay a 'while ago' when we only just announced it in development this week http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by djroberts2007:
Why is it only listed as 360 and PC? This is 4 PS3 as well right? Obviously that's the assumption since you're announcing it here. Could you confirm because the rumors are already flying that this is a 360/Windows exclusive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This weeks press release.........

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> London, UK " November 20, 2007 " Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that it is developing Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for next-generation consoles and PC. Developed at Ubisoft Montreal by the same team that created the award-winning Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas, the highly anticipated sequel is scheduled for a March 2008 release. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is the sixth iteration in the wildly successful Rainbow Six franchise which celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2008 with more than 16 million units sold worldwide to date.

The highly anticipated sequel to the winner of numerous awards, including IGN's 2006 Best First Person Shooter and Best Online Game, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will push the franchise to new heights by adding new gameplay features and even more stunning visuals. Players will encounter an intense solo campaign that uses new tactical possibilities in various locations around Sin City. As expected with one of the pioneer franchises for online multiplayer Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 will also break new ground in both co-op and adversarial modes, while providing unprecedented interaction between the solo and multiplayer modes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for that. I'm wondering however if you have an answer to my question? Why isn't it listed for the PS3? Is developing PS3 related HTML also more difficult than 360/PC?

Govan
11-25-2007, 12:03 PM
If the quality of a PS3 version is going to be like Vegas 1, then I hope Ubisoft doesn't bother with a PS3 version of Vegas 2.

To be honest, I feel bad for the mods and forum managers here. They take all the flak while the actual chickens*** developers hide in their offices not addressing the problems themselves. So I tip my hat to you guys for taking the heat when you shouldn't have to.

I also didn't buy GRAW2 or Assassin's Creed because of Vegas, and I won't be buying anymore Ubisoft games either if nothing changes.

davesurfer
11-28-2007, 05:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Govan:
If the quality of a PS3 version is going to be like Vegas 1, then I hope Ubisoft doesn't bother with a PS3 version of Vegas 2.

To be honest, I feel bad for the mods and forum managers here. They take all the flak while the actual chickens*** developers hide in their offices not addressing the problems themselves. So I tip my hat to you guys for taking the heat when you shouldn't have to.

I also didn't buy GRAW2 or Assassin's Creed because of Vegas, and I won't be buying anymore Ubisoft games either if nothing changes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It isn't always the Devs. they like to patch stuff, in many cases it is the business people saying the money is better spent somewhere else. Why spend $$ to patch a game for free when they can put the Devs on a new game that will generate $$. Trust me most of the people who say they will never buy another UBISoft game again, will

Govan
11-28-2007, 06:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davesurfer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Govan:

I also didn't buy GRAW2 or Assassin's Creed because of Vegas, and I won't be buying anymore Ubisoft games either if nothing changes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It isn't always the Devs. they like to patch stuff, in many cases it is the business people saying the money is better spent somewhere else. Why spend $$ to patch a game for free when they can put the Devs on a new game that will generate $$. Trust me most of the people who say they will never buy another UBISoft game again, will </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, when I said "developers" I meant everyone at the company, not just the actual coders, artists, etc.

I understand what you're saying, but I'd rather they let people know it wasn't coming, even if it was worded as bulls*** PR speak, rather than this waiting and wondering.

ninja.kage
12-05-2007, 12:03 PM

Do you have a ticket number from the call? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No number was given, due to no 'open' issue. I was informed that Rainbow Six on PS3 is not receiving a patch. That's all I needed to hear, rather than being told something is in the works when it clearly is Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. No thanks. UbiSoft ripped me off from $180 this generation - no more.

Good luck to the moderators, if you wish to continue fighting a fight without support from UbiSoft, you are going to need it.

Good-bye.

sssick_v2
12-05-2007, 04:19 PM
I didn't buy GRAW2 or Assassins Creed because of their horrible customer service.

sergeanthelmet
12-06-2007, 01:15 PM
STEADY chaps. The game isn't that bad is it? And maybe they're giving us a new game that's great rather than polishing an old one thats got a few hickups. But a games always gonna have bugs. I bought vegas as my first 360 game and apart from lag and freezing issues occasionally, the game rocks! Its great fun to play, and for the amount of hickups I've ever had with it I certainly won't be moaning. Come on, we all love it, and surely welcome an update. Cheers for the news Mrs. Kleaneasy. NIBBLE

raven6662007
12-11-2007, 07:08 PM
people leave the mods alone they are the bringers of news not the ones who make the games

THE-WONDER-
12-14-2007, 09:06 AM
CHECK OUT MY NEW DISCUSSION:
What Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Needs

BlackSiteUNF
12-16-2007, 03:37 AM
Hi all
i've just been reading some of your comments about rainbow 6 vegas on the ps3 and to be honest i have not had any problems with the loading or crashing the only concern i have with ubi is i just hope they sort the glitches out while playing online, as i've played people who use these glitches their advantage, Hopefully ubi have sorted all the problems out with the new installment of vegas 2.
To ninja.kage i have had a problem with the odd game not loading and going back to the xmb screen i had it with resistance fall of man /cod 4/ pro street so i deleted the game data and started again and noe all the game work fine.

Boom4U1
12-20-2007, 05:40 PM
LOL, this is hysterical.... People spending $60 on defective products seems to make people upset.

Govan
12-21-2007, 12:43 PM
UBI will have learned as much for a PS3 Vegas 2 as much as they learned between Vegas 1 and Assassin's Creed, i.e., nothing.