PDA

View Full Version : Difference between each ports of PT, CT & DA

zkka-d
04-24-2008, 08:45 AM
I finished Splinter Cell 1 and I am planning to purchase the other games in the series, but I would like to know all differences between each ports of Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory and Double Agent (Not only the difference between both versions but also the differences between each ports (360, PS3, PC...) too). I am talking about differences in term of missions, level layouts, story, co-op story mode, cutscenes, gameplay, special moves, multiplayer... everything. With the amount of difference between each versions, it is kinda strange that nobody ever wrote a comparisons list for each games on GameFAQs.

zkka-d
04-24-2008, 08:45 AM
I finished Splinter Cell 1 and I am planning to purchase the other games in the series, but I would like to know all differences between each ports of Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory and Double Agent (Not only the difference between both versions but also the differences between each ports (360, PS3, PC...) too). I am talking about differences in term of missions, level layouts, story, co-op story mode, cutscenes, gameplay, special moves, multiplayer... everything. With the amount of difference between each versions, it is kinda strange that nobody ever wrote a comparisons list for each games on GameFAQs.

newhenpal
04-24-2008, 03:52 PM
It all seems like a big blur but I'll tell you how much I know. For the CIA mission in the GC version of Splinter Cell(original) instead of infiltrating from outside you started on the upper floor near the elevator, to make up for this there is a cutscene in the beginning with Sam disguised as a CIA operative with I.D and goes to the elevator and dresses up in his spy get up. I don't remember if there there were loading screens or not but it didn't use the orange tinted loading screen from the xbox/pc version. All cutscenes are pre-rendered, and the conversation with Sam and Lambert in the office before Training has been cut. If you connected a GBA(with the GBA version of SC) to the gamecube you would get a map showing the locations of enemies as well as a new weapon called the Sticky Shocker. I don't know if the Xbox/PC/PS2 versions had this but the GC version had extras such as definitions (what fifth freedom is, what a splinter cell is) as well as an interview with Sam (not real of course) on who he is, what he does, why he does it, and talks of a Splinter Cell 2 where Same ends the interview saying it's 'classified information'.The PS2 version featured a new exclusive power plant level. As you most likely know the graphics weren't as good as they were on the xbox, but the GC version could support progressive scan which supposedly made the graphics on par with the xbox version.

The PS2 (and most likely GC) version of Pandora Tomorrow also didn't have graphics on par with the xbox version, however it did featured a mini-game (like lock picking) where you defused mines. I don't recall if the PS2 version had an exclusive level or not but the front cover of the GC version boasted GBA-to-GC compatibility so it probably had some exclusive content.

The PS2/GC version of CT had **** graphics, a different looking night-vision screen, more loading time which were long.

There was an exclusive level for the last-gen DA for the PS2 and apparently you can't play Co-Op online.