PDA

View Full Version : patrol the formosa straight

toddraz
01-12-2010, 07:50 AM
I was sent to East China Sea to engage enemy shipping. I did so, but before I could refit and go out again I received new orders to patrol the straight of Formosa and engage enemy shipping. Now with nearly 100,000 tons, mostly from within the straight of Formosa, my orders are still incomplete. How can I get to the end of this mission? I've about worn a groove in the path from Taipei to Midway.

toddraz
01-12-2010, 07:50 AM
I was sent to East China Sea to engage enemy shipping. I did so, but before I could refit and go out again I received new orders to patrol the straight of Formosa and engage enemy shipping. Now with nearly 100,000 tons, mostly from within the straight of Formosa, my orders are still incomplete. How can I get to the end of this mission? I've about worn a groove in the path from Taipei to Midway.

tambor198
01-12-2010, 09:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by toddraz:
I was sent to East China Sea to engage enemy shipping. I did so, but before I could refit and go out again I received new orders to patrol the straight of Formosa and engage enemy shipping. Now with nearly 100,000 tons, mostly from within the straight of Formosa, my orders are still incomplete. How can I get to the end of this mission? I've about worn a groove in the path from Taipei to Midway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depending on your timeframe you should be able to end your patrol either at Pearl Harbor or Midway.

Wolferz
01-12-2010, 10:21 AM
To: Captain toddraz, USS &lt;boat designation here&gt;
Per Navy regulation 72.56.21 ...Objective is complete when all Torpedoes are expended.

Lockwood

Gathrun
01-12-2010, 12:20 PM
You have to stay within a certain distance of the patrol star to complete the mission for a specific time. If you go outside, the timer resets.

How far and long depends on which mod if any you are running. Stock is like within 50 nm for around 48 hours.

toddraz
01-12-2010, 02:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tambor198:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by toddraz:
I was sent to East China Sea to engage enemy shipping. I did so, but before I could refit and go out again I received new orders to patrol the straight of Formosa and engage enemy shipping. Now with nearly 100,000 tons, mostly from within the straight of Formosa, my orders are still incomplete. How can I get to the end of this mission? I've about worn a groove in the path from Taipei to Midway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depending on your timeframe you should be able to end your patrol either at Pearl Harbor or Midway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've been to Midway 3 times now to refill with torpedos, but the order sheet still says "incomplete" on the log.

toddraz
01-12-2010, 02:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gathrun:
You have to stay within a certain distance of the patrol star to complete the mission for a specific time. If you go outside, the timer resets.

How far and long depends on which mod if any you are running. Stock is like within 50 nm for around 48 hours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll try that this time. Thanks.