PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Within -- Timed Door Switch Help

loocha
04-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Hey there, I'm playing WW on my gamecube, and I'm running into a problem. It might be me sucking, but I don't want to spend any more time on this if it turns out it's bugged or I'm doing it wrong.

Right after you get Eye Of The Storm, you follow the path down and get to that door switch. You're supposed to use the switch and EOTS to get through the door before it closes.

My problem is EOTS doesn't seem to make any difference in my speed. At first I thought maybe I was the one that was screwed up and just kept plugging away at it. But now I'm really starting to wonder, because I decided to test EOTS by running in a straight line without the door goal. I'm still using the switch area so that the door closing is my marker so to speak. I see how far I get without EOTS before the door touches the floor, and then I see how for I get with EOTS using the same criteria.

The thing is, I see no noticable difference between using EOTS or not using EOTS. Also, there's no visual cue signaling its use. So what I'm wondering from other gamers is:

-is there supposed to be a noticeable speed difference
-is there a visual cue telling me when EOTS is in use
-could I be doing it wrong

I tap L twice to trigger EOTS, like the booklet and game both say, but the only visual anomaly is the one that coincides with the recall skill. So am I tapping wrong? It's just a basic double tap that I'm doing, like double clicking a mouse. Am I supposed to continually tap, like when you get in the power struggles in battle?

Also, if it *is* me that's screwed uo, and not my game, anyone have any strategy advice on how to beat the door? I've tried wall running, sommersaulting, just plain running... the closest I've gotten is with the wall run, but still no luck.

Thanks for putting up with my lengthy post!

loocha
04-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Hey there, I'm playing WW on my gamecube, and I'm running into a problem. It might be me sucking, but I don't want to spend any more time on this if it turns out it's bugged or I'm doing it wrong.

Right after you get Eye Of The Storm, you follow the path down and get to that door switch. You're supposed to use the switch and EOTS to get through the door before it closes.

My problem is EOTS doesn't seem to make any difference in my speed. At first I thought maybe I was the one that was screwed up and just kept plugging away at it. But now I'm really starting to wonder, because I decided to test EOTS by running in a straight line without the door goal. I'm still using the switch area so that the door closing is my marker so to speak. I see how far I get without EOTS before the door touches the floor, and then I see how for I get with EOTS using the same criteria.

The thing is, I see no noticable difference between using EOTS or not using EOTS. Also, there's no visual cue signaling its use. So what I'm wondering from other gamers is:

-is there supposed to be a noticeable speed difference
-is there a visual cue telling me when EOTS is in use
-could I be doing it wrong

I tap L twice to trigger EOTS, like the booklet and game both say, but the only visual anomaly is the one that coincides with the recall skill. So am I tapping wrong? It's just a basic double tap that I'm doing, like double clicking a mouse. Am I supposed to continually tap, like when you get in the power struggles in battle?

Also, if it *is* me that's screwed uo, and not my game, anyone have any strategy advice on how to beat the door? I've tried wall running, sommersaulting, just plain running... the closest I've gotten is with the wall run, but still no luck.

Thanks for putting up with my lengthy post!

loocha
04-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Oh dude! I just restarted my game to try again, and EOTS is working now! It looks totally different than it did before! So it was bugged. OK, sorry for all that, guys. If anyone else runs into this problem, I recommend restarting and trying that.

loocha
04-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Ugh! Still can't get to the door fast enough! Even though I can see the spell is working, there's no noticeable speed difference. What am I doing wrong??

kakalukiaJay
04-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Objective: Reach the Hourglass Chamber (Past)

Drop down to a hallway with a timed floor switch.
Step onto the switch once to see that it opens a door at the end of the hallway.

Positioning the camera sometimes helps you figure out certain "visual puzzles."
While the door is opening and then closes, I usually position myself on the side of the floor switch away from the destination doorway.
Position the camera so that you are looking over the floor switch in front of you where you are looking down the hallway with the doorway at the far left end.

Tap the button that controls the Eye of the Storm which slows down time, run across the floor switch and run down the hallway, and go through the doorway.

Note: This posting belongs in the Legacy forum so that other game players would properly find assistance to Warrior Within there.

This forum is supposed to be solely for the newly published game.

loocha
04-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks for replying. The sad thing is, this is exactly what I have been doing. I feel totally lame! I don't know why I can't do it... =( Is it supposed to be this hard?

loocha
04-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Oh, and sorry about posting in the wrong forum. I didn't see a WW forum, so I thought this was an all-encompassing forum. Guess I was wrong.

kakalukiaJay
04-20-2009, 08:20 AM
The primary action is to "tap" the button ... not to "hold" that action key.
Pressing the action key for one or more seconds usually "rewinds time" instead of "slowing down" time.

You might want to visit www.stuckgamer.com (http://www.stuckgamer.com) and watch someone play that part of the game.
Good luck.