PDA

View Full Version : Splinter cell Double agent diffrences?

samshroom
01-21-2008, 08:53 PM
yo, names william, I recently bought splinter cell 4, Even though it was intended for the 360, I got it anyways.To the point- I've been a splinter maniac for a while now, and when I saw the SCDA commercial I was impressed.The really impressive scenes were the ones where Sam can supposedly swim and skydive. Also i've seen videos on youtube of completly diffrent missions. I completed the game on the xbox but was left unsatisfied. Where are these other missions coming from? My question to you is, Is there a diffrence of story lines between the SCDA on Xbox and Xbox 360? please reply asap

samshroom
01-21-2008, 08:53 PM
yo, names william, I recently bought splinter cell 4, Even though it was intended for the 360, I got it anyways.To the point- I've been a splinter maniac for a while now, and when I saw the SCDA commercial I was impressed.The really impressive scenes were the ones where Sam can supposedly swim and skydive. Also i've seen videos on youtube of completly diffrent missions. I completed the game on the xbox but was left unsatisfied. Where are these other missions coming from? My question to you is, Is there a diffrence of story lines between the SCDA on Xbox and Xbox 360? please reply asap

marinius
01-22-2008, 05:22 AM
They're basically two different games, the xbox version being far superior to the 360 version.

Warrior0fLight
01-22-2008, 02:07 PM
That is to say that the Xbox version storyline is much better and somewhat also the gameplay.

I really liked the challenge afforded by the 360 version as well, and enjoy playing both. It's almost like having two different games to play!

samshroom
01-22-2008, 11:59 PM
ive also heard that the 360 version is much longer, the xbox version has about 10 missions from iceland through new york. is the 360 version worth it?

Knot3D
01-23-2008, 12:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by samshroom:
ive also heard that the 360 version is much longer, the xbox version has about 10 missions from iceland through new york. is the 360 version worth it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol. No way. The Xbox360 version is known as the shortest single playthrough SC game ever.

Really, do yourself a favor and get the Xbox1 version ; i played both and i kept the Xbox 1 version disc.

samshroom
01-23-2008, 08:58 PM
if you know, would you mind giving me a list of missions on the 360? would help alot!

Warrior0fLight
01-23-2008, 10:01 PM
I play both versions, and actually like them both.

Missions:

Iceland
Elsworth Prison, Kansas
JBA HQ 1
Siberia - Okhotsk
Shaghai (by far the best mission)
JBA HQ 2
Cozumel Cruise Ship
JBA HQ 3
Congo - Kinshasa
JBA HQ 4
NYC Harbor (bonus mission if you get the best ending, VERY short mission)

samshroom
01-24-2008, 10:46 PM
thx!

Fisherboy101
02-18-2008, 07:58 AM
haha since its the same game ud think they'd be the same but their not...but i played the 360 one and i liked it...never touched the xbox original one tho so idk which is better so ill buy both as do most sc fans xD

Filipe2004
02-21-2008, 03:39 PM
i didnĀ“t like the PS2/Xbox version, i think the graphics are horrible even for PS2, the missions are very lame and very close quarters.
In missions PS3/XBOX360 is better, in storyline is basicaly the same thang, Sam goes to a terrorist cell, goes to kinshasha, to the cruise ship, and in the end Enrica dies, the next gen version is way better

jerekpokpo
02-23-2008, 08:44 AM
the stories lines are bassically the same except for some little details like sam and enrica kissing in one version and in the other not.

marinius
02-25-2008, 04:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jerekpokpo:
the stories lines are bassically the same except for some little details like sam and enrica kissing in one version and in the other not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There hardly exists a storyline in the 360 version. Xbox version has a consistent, logical and fluent story that actually explains why you're doing the things you're doing.

jerekpokpo
02-25-2008, 09:20 AM
yeah right http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

marinius
02-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Have you even played both versions? Your ignorance strongly suggests you haven't.