PDA

View Full Version : why is so hard?

H5forem
09-08-2007, 04:49 AM
why is so hard to make a few pictures so that every heroe have his(her) unique portret?

Segref and Sinitar

Glen and Klaus

Dougal and Giar

Gamor and Alastor

Guarg and Marbas

Neibros and Veyer

have the same portret.

Even the new Raelag and Isabel can be made a bit different.

Is just lazzy or lack of imagination? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

H5forem
09-08-2007, 04:49 AM
why is so hard to make a few pictures so that every heroe have his(her) unique portret?

Segref and Sinitar

Glen and Klaus

Dougal and Giar

Gamor and Alastor

Guarg and Marbas

Neibros and Veyer

have the same portret.

Even the new Raelag and Isabel can be made a bit different.

Is just lazzy or lack of imagination? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

ImperialDane
09-08-2007, 05:51 AM
Not that hard, it just costs money.. But i don't think they felt like making a bunch of new hero portraits i'm afraid. So they just recycled a few old ones and plastered them onto a few new heroes.. Hopefully that might change a little in Tribes of the East.

Xenofex_086
09-08-2007, 06:05 AM
Bar that, I ask why is so hard to make ONE female hero model per each faction? Hell, they already have such from the campaigns, they only need to add/remove some details and voila - a brand new heroine with adequate looks.

Wurtzel1952
09-08-2007, 06:19 AM
I reckon the 2 dwarven ladies, Svea and Inga, look quite nice and original...

ImperialDane
09-08-2007, 11:31 AM
If we talk about the hero models, yes a few female ones would be sensible.. and possibly a new academy one, i CAN NOT accept a little fat man on an elephant as an academy hero.

Xenofex_086
09-08-2007, 01:16 PM
The Academy hero is actually quite an achievement in my opinion. They clearly used the eastern mages, astrologers and such as an archtype, which is quite original, compared to the "western" mages with hell of a beard, big hats and huge staffs, which, on the other hand is VERY pre-exploited. But if you ask me if Jhora looks fine as a litle fat chain-smoking man... well - NO!
Anyway, they'll hardly change the main models. But adding new ones - hell, this is always an option!

ImperialDane
09-08-2007, 01:37 PM
I am not saying they have to look like the western stereotype.. but not a fat man on an elephant, anything but that.

Inferno015
09-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Hero portraits only repeat during campaign and scenarios. Not that annoying, though it is kind of wierd using Nebiros and then you play the campaign and you see Veyer...

I don't think any more portraits will be neacsery. The new campaign heroes are bound to have their own portraits or something like Laszlo, who was still Laszlo in the original H5, just with a different role in society.

Its very likely this problem will not persist in ToE.

ImperialDane
09-09-2007, 02:41 AM
Well there will be fighting against the "renegades" and their heroes, so it might persist for just a little longer, of course we can expect one new hero for them i would imagine, Alaric, as i do get the feeling we will get to fight him.
But i wonder, if it will be the same voice actors as in Hammers of fate, or we can expect a bunch of new actors again for all of them.

Inferno015
09-09-2007, 05:28 AM
If you think back, you will see that in HoF, the Renegade heroes were new heroes with new portraits that you couldn't use unless you made your own map.

I think campaign heroes will make a comeback and we will see some new portraits. Then there is of course the new Orc faction but lets clarify that I doubt there will be any portrait repeating there. If in HoF they had enough time to make Wulfstan and Rolf, then in ToE they'll have enough time to an an Orc hero to the campaign.

Moragauth
09-09-2007, 05:43 AM
I still want different avatars for female heroes. It looks ridiculous for Eruina to look like some overgrown goblin (which is what the normal Warlock avatar is like; it sucks.) More portraits would be nice, but this is more important.

ImperialDane
09-09-2007, 06:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> If you think back, you will see that in HoF, the Renegade heroes were new heroes with new portraits that you couldn't use unless you made your own map. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some of them were, others were recycled.

H5forem
09-16-2007, 07:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ImperialDane:
Not that hard, it just costs money.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If they are cheap, they could have use the help of the comunity. I'm sure a lot of guys or girls can draw very unique and cool portraits for heroes just for fun with no money.

They just had to organize a contest...