PDA

View Full Version : J_Frumpleberg, we have some questions for you about the next Driver game

Driverman2006
12-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Hey Jim! Could you answer these questions for us in the near future?:

Where will the next Driver game be set?
When will the next Driver game be set?
Who is the playable character?
What new features will be added?
What systems will it come out on?
What new kinds of vehicles will be added?
What new songs will be added?
What new weapons will be added?
Will there be an open world/free roaming structure?
Are we going to be able to choose driving-related careers?
Will vehicle customization still be in there and deeper than D:PL's?
Will there be the create-a-character feature?
Will there still be on foot action?
If there is on foot action, will it have more stuff to do than D:PL's on foot action?

Now, if you are not J_Frumpleberg, then DO NOT answer my questions (and other people's questions). But you may ask him any question you have in mind about the new Driver game. Have fun!

Driverman2006
12-16-2007, 09:06 AM

If there is on foot action, will it have more stuff to do than D:PL's on foot action?

Now, if you are not J_Frumpleberg, then DO NOT answer my questions (and other people's questions). But you may ask him any question you have in mind about the new Driver game. Have fun!

InsaneDriver06
12-16-2007, 09:13 AM
J_Frumpleberg works for Reflections based on the info on this forum.

It'll be tough to get any answers, considering his confidentiality agreement anytime a contract is signed regarding a new game, in which the publisher/developer requires team members to KEEP A LID on the details till an official report is made in a video game magazine for example.

But for the heck of it,

"Will On Foot be more intense compared to previous efforts, maybe by including an over the shoulder view, more abilities, faster, more action-packed gameplay RE4, Gears of War, Star Wars Battlefront, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3 style?"

I'm betting I'll find out when I play the actual game sometime hopefully in 2008 or mid 2009.

And,

"Will the driving experience be taken to another level of intensity compared to previous efforts by use of camera views, effects, sounds, enemy AI, traffic, obstacles, ramps, physics, etc?"

Best success on the new Driver!

Driverman2006
12-16-2007, 09:16 AM
But I'm saying "Near Future". So when the time is right (maybe in early 2008) Jim could answer a few questions at a time. Besides, he's a really nice guy on the forums. I'm sure he'd love to answer a few questions we have for him. It's like an "Interview" on the forums.

InsaneDriver06
12-16-2007, 09:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Driverman2006:
But I'm saying "Near Future". So when the time is right (maybe in early 2008) Jim could answer a few questions at a time. Besides, he's a really nice guy on the forums. I'm sure he'd love to answer a few questions we have for him. It's like an "Interview" on the forums. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, it's a good thread considering he's paid a visit. If in the near future he's able to spill some details, this would be the thread to look for.

PennySillin
12-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Are there really going to be unicorns? :P

driver_madness
12-16-2007, 09:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InsaneDriver06:
J_Frumpleberg works for Reflections based on the info on this forum.

It'll be tough to get any answers, considering his confidentiality agreement anytime a contract is signed regarding a new game, in which the publisher/developer requires team members to KEEP A LID on the details till an official report is made in a video game magazine for example.

But for the heck of it,

"Will On Foot be more intense compared to previous efforts, maybe by including an over the shoulder view, more abilities, faster, more action-packed gameplay RE4, Gears of War, Star Wars Battlefront, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3 style?"

I'm betting I'll find out when I play the actual game sometime hopefully in 2008 or mid 2009.

And,

"Will the driving experience be taken to another level of intensity compared to previous efforts by use of camera views, effects, sounds, enemy AI, traffic, obstacles, ramps, physics, etc?"

Best success on the new Driver! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's highly unlikely they he'll be able to answer these questions just as "InsaneDriver06" said in the quote above.

However I'm sure he can answer any questions unrelated to the upcoming driver games.

such as...
whats a normal day at work like? is it any different to your previous jobs? if so how?

who do you prefer Tanner or TK? and why?

what job position do you currently hold at Reflections Interactive?
what daily duties do you often perform?

these are some questions I've tried to ask other developers outside the forums, after spending countless hours searching for their contact details. I don't ask any of them questions about the upcoming driver games because I know there unable to answer. But they also seem to be careful saying to much about the driver series if or if it isn't about their upcoming game.

lookatmedriver3
12-17-2007, 12:49 AM
will there be a more fun gameplay structure online missions. reflections just make it the best game ever ok http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

InsaneDriver06
12-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Here's another one,

How's Ubisoft treating the Reflections Team?

driver_madness
12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by InsaneDriver06:
Here's another one,

How's Ubisoft treating the Reflections Team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was told not to break your rules, but I have the answer to one of those questions (so for informations sake). But an answer from J_Frumpleberg and other reflection team members would be great to clarify and give their views.

I was reading a reflections team members blog and found out when reflections transfered from atari to ubisoft and ubisoft gave every team member a present. King Kong on PS2.

Other than that, ubisoft is thankful for some fresh faces within the team, hiring just over 10 new team members.

"J_Frumpleberg" hasn't been here in a while, lets hope he comes back and answer some of our questions.

InsaneDriver06
12-18-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm glad Reflections is with a first class Publisher this time(Ubisoft). Atari hasn't been very strong for quite awhile, evident in their current financial situation.

J_Frumpleberg
12-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Well if I answered those questions what would be the fun in waiting?

Driverman2006
12-18-2007, 03:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J_Frumpleberg:
Well if I answered those questions what would be the fun in waiting? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Do whatever you want, my good man!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

J_Frumpleberg
12-18-2007, 07:52 PM
Very well, I can tell you a few things about the game, but you won't be happy.

The game will take place in a city on planet Earth. The game will be released in disc form. There will be cars that you can drive, among other vehicles. You will control a character. The city will have buildings and roads

InsaneDriver06
12-18-2007, 08:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J_Frumpleberg:

The game will take place in a city on planet Earth. The game will be released in disc form. There will be cars that you can drive, among other vehicles. You will control a character. The city will have buildings and roads </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for posting J.

So from that basic info, a few things seem to be confirmed.

"Control a character" confirms on foot in the new Driver. "Other vehicles" would include sportbikes I'd guess. City could be one or more cities, or just one giant city. Of course I won't hold you to keeping the game with those features, as things can change with a long way to go before completion.

If you can answer the following:
Any chance of an "over the shoulder" on foot camera view? A view like from RE4 would be cool.
Will we see an interior dash view?

TheRealMgear
12-18-2007, 08:52 PM

The game will take place in a city on planet Earth. The game will be released in disc form. There will be cars that you can drive, among other vehicles. You will control a character. The city will have buildings and roads </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Could you show us a picture of you in front or in the building with your boss or someone?Sorry I have been lied to just so many times it is hard to trust anybody.

driver_madness
12-18-2007, 09:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheRealMgear:

The game will take place in a city on planet Earth. The game will be released in disc form. There will be cars that you can drive, among other vehicles. You will control a character. The city will have buildings and roads </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Could you show us a picture of you in front or in the building with your boss or someone?Sorry I have been lied to just so many times it is hard to trust anybody. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did some research on this guy and he seems legit. I think it's fair to trust him.

Your asking a lot to get a photo of him with Gareth Edmondson or alongside the building which they work him. Gee.. I'd never upload an image identifying who I am unless I really had to.

Anyways, I have some questions which I'm pretty sure you can answer but I'll leave them up to you! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

What department do you work in at Reflections? for example art, programming. Or whatever job position you have there.

Oh! yeah and one more thing you have to check this out, how close does this look to the upcoming driver game your working on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIISwXiZBMc

Assault_machine
12-18-2007, 10:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Driverman2006:

Now, if you are not J_Frumpleberg, then DO NOT answer my questions (and other people's questions). But you may ask him any question you have in mind about the new Driver game. Have fun! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You can't expect to actually have him answer all of those questions of yours, Driverman2006. After all, he might not have the time for it, especially when the development process requires every team member to be even more busy on their own games. Also, I think that we should see something more like an interview with Reflections, or whatever it was that we did to find answers on the Atari Forums about how DPL was supposed to be, as a game.

And it is just as J Frumpleberg pointed out, "Well if I answered those questions what would be the fun in waiting?"

driver_madness
12-18-2007, 10:52 PM
A developer chat would be great!
One like before; but we will probably have to wait a couple of months before the games released until we will see another developer chat.

But there are just so many questions I'd like to ask the developers about previous games.

PennySillin
12-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Is there a new approach to the gameplay or will you just be building onto the old **** we've seen the past 3 games?

Driverman2006
12-19-2007, 03:45 PM

The game will take place in a city on planet Earth. The game will be released in disc form. There will be cars that you can drive, among other vehicles. You will control a character. The city will have buildings and roads </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not happy?!http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif This is great news!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif I hope we get some more news about the new Driver game in the near future!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

driver_madness
12-20-2007, 12:06 AM
I was hired last September, but did not work on 76. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In all that time; what did you work on.
From what I can tell early March Reflections hired a new concept artist. Development could not have started before concept unless you weren't working for reflections, but you where just told you were hired or something similar to that.

InsaneDriver06
12-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Give a little info and the floodgates open. As said, we'll know more when the first official magazine interview/article hits in 2008, but I agree it doesn't hurt to ask.

So on foot will be in the new Driv4r. I imagine it will be really well polished compared to previous on foot efforts, with Ubisoft's support. I know this thread's not a wish list, but if Reflections is reading it...

On Foot, I'd really like to see:

1. Two or more camera views including FPS, overtheshoulder view RE4 style.

2. A new level of "intensity" when running, it's fast and frantic, chasing on foot crooks, dodging through crowds, rolling under gunfire, leaping between traffic, climbing ledges, jumping over obstacles, tackling/pinning thugs to the ground at a rapid pace, right there with the character, not far away like previous camera views(Driv3r, DPL, D2 3rd person views, which decrease the action's impact by far distance).

3. The basic handgun is your second most trusted weapon of choice. After your vehicle. A few more rare weapons would be welcome now and then. And the gun would have plenty of recoil/kick to it with echo and realistic impact with one well aimed shot.

4. The ability to stay in the selected camera view while entering(to stay in the moment), exiting vehicles, so if in over the shoulder view, you enter the car still over the shoulder, inside the vehicle. Then, if prefered, other fancy vehicle camera views could be cycled through (interior dash FPV, interior over the shoulder view, exterior front hood, exterior top hood, close full car view, midrange view, helicopter view(mostly for FD), etc.

J_Frumpleberg
12-20-2007, 10:35 AM
I read the other threads, no worries. Not every day, mind you, but around once a week, since the forums are a bit slow.

InsaneDriver06
12-20-2007, 10:55 AM
I read the other threads, no worries. Not every day, mind you, but around once a week, since the forums are a bit slow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Glad to hear it, thanks!

Driver-4.com
12-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Don't believe in that guy, he's a lier. His IP has been checked and he has nothing to do with Reflections. That's like if we would register with the name Gareth Edmondson and answer anything to your questions ...

Sorry, but what you are doing is imature and ridiculous.

driver_madness
12-20-2007, 04:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Driver-4.com:
Don't believe in that guy, he's a lier. His IP has been checked and he has nothing to do with Reflections. That's like if we would register with the name Gareth Edmondson and answer anything to your questions ...

Sorry, but what you are doing is imature and ridiculous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just have a little faith!

-------------------------------

I'm pretty sure you haven't checked this guys IP Address, as you don't have access to checking it. We could ask a Administrator or Moderator to mention if the IP address is similar to one geo-located near the UK, Newcastle area.

OI have some evidence this guy lives in newcastle as all his posts seems to be posted in daytime London Time which is GMT0 so just take your GMT onset or offset away and there you have your time in Newcastle.

I did do a search in the Newcastle Phonebook and didn't find any Frumplebergs, I'm not sure how phonebook listings work in newcastle I cannot use this a s physical evidence. Well not in the court of law anyways.

I think one question should cover this up! and Mr. Frumpleberg if you can answer this one successfully I'll believe you!

What position do you hold at Reflections Interactive and what are you daily duties?

and if you go past Gareth Edmdonson ask him if he was ever a skipper, and what team was he apart of Team -- something (something is something that I'm not going to say how many letters it had, because that could give it away).

I know the answer and Gareth knows the answer, not sure how many other people knows the answer.

As someone else also mentioned some photos of around Reflections Interactive would be very awesome.

We don't really feel like getting fooled here; just like that fake driver 3 modding project someone pulled, tricking everyone into thinking this was a real modding project, people where hyped up about in over 1000posts and the project was a fake, a joke.

We all want it to be Reflections Interactive and we all have the faith that it is him. If it isn't him or if it isn't we are happy and excited to know at least we are talking to someone who we think is a Reflections Interactive employee!

InsaneDriver06
12-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Whether or not you believe he's part of the Reflections team, it seems obvious Reflections has been checking out our forum ideas and wishlist, now that they're tuned into Ubisoft's suggestions for making great games, one of them being fan feedback.

At the very least, his presence helps generate more ideas, knowing Reflections may very well be listening.

JacksonL2007
12-21-2007, 07:19 AM
I think your reading far too much into this, just wait you will find out in due course

InsaneDriver06
12-23-2007, 09:28 PM
That's the thing, unless a moderator actually visits this thread and confirms it, then the true identity will understandably always be up in the air with doubt by cautious gamers.

driver_madness
01-06-2008, 10:38 PM
If your from Reflections Interactive (Ubisoft Reflections) then this to you! and of course all the other driver fans and members of the community out there.
http://www.images.drivermadness.net/dm/happyholidays/dm_ending_2007.png

InsaneDriver06
06-09-2010, 07:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PennySillin:
Are there really going to be unicorns? :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PennySillin,

Although there won't be Unicorns in the new Driver, Tanner will return, and it will be located in San Fransisco.

JFrumpleberg,

Good one. You had us going for awhile back then. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But I'm glad to see DSF finally surface.

InsaneDriver06
06-09-2010, 08:03 PM

Now, if you are not J_Frumpleberg, then DO NOT answer my questions (and other people's questions). But you may ask him any question you have in mind about the new Driver game. Have fun! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good questions.

Driverman 2006, have you played Red Dead Redemption? It includes a steam engine train, 2 of them, complete with railroad stops at towns, a series of carts including a passenger car with seats and windows, from which you can actually ride, though you can't steer the train yourself, nor change the tracks. The engineer does all of that, unless you blast him, then the train just sits there... Check it out if you ever return.

J_Frumpleberg
06-12-2010, 06:32 AM
haha, forgot about this. Sorry everyone!