PDA

View Full Version : Best AC so far, my opinion plus what still to add.

Coolgerb
11-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Ubi, you have done an absolutely amazing job, you managed to improve even AC2, even small details I was annoyed by.

For example, in AC1 and 2, when you held B in low profile, I always got annoyed by the fact Alta´r and Ezio already moved their arm for no reason. Again, it's a small detail but it adds so much to the experience.

And the combat, wow. While it's still not perfect, it's pretty damn close. All it needs now is better AI (they're more aggresive now which is great, but still not as intelligent as I'd like), even more animations (hey, the more the better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ), and a better camera in confined spaces.

I'd like the shop quests gone though, or that is, how they're currently implemented. Getting the items is way too random, and can stop you from getting a good upgrade until even the end of the game just because you didn't get lucky.

And the multiplayer is among the best multiplayers I have ever seen. It actually encourages skill, instead of getting as much kills as possible.
But I do think it can be improved though:

-Customization. The options you already putt in are pretty decent, but on some characters you barely notice any difference. What I'm hoping for, but not sure if it's realistically possible, is that we can chose a character and get a load of options we can change, like different types of clothing (specific parts, not whole sets), and adjust colour of each specific part. Halo: Reach is a great example.

-More kinds of modes. The most obvious addition should be co-op. Completing the campaign with 1 or more friends (as a brotherhood) will be pretty much perfect. I'd also like to see some kind of horde mode, where you fight against an endless (?) stream of enemies together with friends (or alone).
Another mode that would be great is only you (and perhaps some friends) facing off against computer controlled Abstergo Agents (CCAA from now). I find myself having to play the Introductory Session way too much, to test specific bonus combo's and new skills. This is obviously not perfect, due to the constant interruptions. This mode should have as option that the CCAA's aren't doing anything, so you can test anything you'd like, and the option that they're playing as normal Abstergo Agents, as a kind of advanced training.

-Better online experience. I'm not talking about the game itself, merely the technical part. For example let us pick our character already even when the room isn't full yet.
And let us cancel our chosen character, because currently we're stuck if we pick one, until the next round.
I'd also like to see people who have the same kind of skill, level, and playstyle being putt together, this way the people who know how to play won't have to putt up with runners, and low levels won't be at a disadvantage due to some perks and skills.
A meter that shows us our own and others' latency is pretty basic, I still can't understand why not every multiplayer has it.
I would also love to see the option for system link. For some reason I can only play together with people in my dormitory over system link, and not online.

-Bonuses. Allow us to see specific info about all our kills in the end-of-game score screen, as well as others'. I'd like to know exactly how I managed that perfect 1200 point kill, right before I got murdered myself for example.
And show us which bonuses our pursuer got for killing us, as a lot of times I feel certain scores are really not deserved.

I can't wait until the next AC, or perhaps some kind of huge patch / DLC which fixes / adds all this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

P.S.: I feel I've forgotten quite a lot of stuff, so I will edit when needed.

Coolgerb
11-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Ubi, you have done an absolutely amazing job, you managed to improve even AC2, even small details I was annoyed by.

For example, in AC1 and 2, when you held B in low profile, I always got annoyed by the fact Alta´r and Ezio already moved their arm for no reason. Again, it's a small detail but it adds so much to the experience.

And the combat, wow. While it's still not perfect, it's pretty damn close. All it needs now is better AI (they're more aggresive now which is great, but still not as intelligent as I'd like), even more animations (hey, the more the better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ), and a better camera in confined spaces.

I'd like the shop quests gone though, or that is, how they're currently implemented. Getting the items is way too random, and can stop you from getting a good upgrade until even the end of the game just because you didn't get lucky.

And the multiplayer is among the best multiplayers I have ever seen. It actually encourages skill, instead of getting as much kills as possible.
But I do think it can be improved though:

-Customization. The options you already putt in are pretty decent, but on some characters you barely notice any difference. What I'm hoping for, but not sure if it's realistically possible, is that we can chose a character and get a load of options we can change, like different types of clothing (specific parts, not whole sets), and adjust colour of each specific part. Halo: Reach is a great example.

-More kinds of modes. The most obvious addition should be co-op. Completing the campaign with 1 or more friends (as a brotherhood) will be pretty much perfect. I'd also like to see some kind of horde mode, where you fight against an endless (?) stream of enemies together with friends (or alone).
Another mode that would be great is only you (and perhaps some friends) facing off against computer controlled Abstergo Agents (CCAA from now). I find myself having to play the Introductory Session way too much, to test specific bonus combo's and new skills. This is obviously not perfect, due to the constant interruptions. This mode should have as option that the CCAA's aren't doing anything, so you can test anything you'd like, and the option that they're playing as normal Abstergo Agents, as a kind of advanced training.

-Better online experience. I'm not talking about the game itself, merely the technical part. For example let us pick our character already even when the room isn't full yet.
And let us cancel our chosen character, because currently we're stuck if we pick one, until the next round.
I'd also like to see people who have the same kind of skill, level, and playstyle being putt together, this way the people who know how to play won't have to putt up with runners, and low levels won't be at a disadvantage due to some perks and skills.
A meter that shows us our own and others' latency is pretty basic, I still can't understand why not every multiplayer has it.
I would also love to see the option for system link. For some reason I can only play together with people in my dormitory over system link, and not online.

-Bonuses. Allow us to see specific info about all our kills in the end-of-game score screen, as well as others'. I'd like to know exactly how I managed that perfect 1200 point kill, right before I got murdered myself for example.
And show us which bonuses our pursuer got for killing us, as a lot of times I feel certain scores are really not deserved.

I can't wait until the next AC, or perhaps some kind of huge patch / DLC which fixes / adds all this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

P.S.: I feel I've forgotten quite a lot of stuff, so I will edit when needed.

Coolgerb
11-27-2010, 09:31 AM
No thoughts yet?

Black_Widow9
11-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Please make sure you post your Feedback here so it can be heard.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood feedback thread. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4821045298)

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>