PDA

View Full Version : Video card confusion

Mp1 Killer
04-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Ok so I have a little situation here. So I got this computer from my brother last May. My specs are:

AMD Athlon 2400+ ~2ghz
512 Mb RAM
Creative Sound Blaster PCI

Now as you may have noticed I didn't say the vid. card in that. Well that is because I'm totally confused on what my vid. card is. When my computer boots up, it says I have a Geforce4 Ti 4200 128mb. But, when I do my Dxdiag and check a couple other places it says I have a Quadro4 700 XGL. Now when I ask my bro he says it is the first card i said. I also asked a friend on AIM and they said that it sounds like my bro tried to mod it. Could someone please help me out??

Mp1 Killer
04-04-2005, 11:45 PM
Ok so I have a little situation here. So I got this computer from my brother last May. My specs are:

AMD Athlon 2400+ ~2ghz
512 Mb RAM
Creative Sound Blaster PCI

Now as you may have noticed I didn't say the vid. card in that. Well that is because I'm totally confused on what my vid. card is. When my computer boots up, it says I have a Geforce4 Ti 4200 128mb. But, when I do my Dxdiag and check a couple other places it says I have a Quadro4 700 XGL. Now when I ask my bro he says it is the first card i said. I also asked a friend on AIM and they said that it sounds like my bro tried to mod it. Could someone please help me out??

Melpo
04-05-2005, 06:55 PM
Odd...

Best way to be sure what card you have is to open up the case and take a peek inside. Look for markings on the video card, especiall the GPU (usually the largest chip on the card). It may not say the chipset, but it'll at least say "Geforce 4" if it is indeed a Geforce 4.

Spartan_M.A.D.
04-05-2005, 07:41 PM
How do games perform on it? If games perform normally, its probably the Geforce 4. The quadro is a workstation card and doesnt do games well at all.

Mp1 Killer
04-06-2005, 12:11 AM
Halo runs fine, Splinter cell skips....even with everything low (unless im crouched), WoW runs fine. Now that I think about it, everything except splinter cell runs smooth. (Except the Vs. part of Splinter cell, that runs smooth.)