PDA

View Full Version : Strange But True

Martix_Agent
02-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Apparently, a high school boy was selling himself as a prom date over e-bay. The Bids got up to $250.00 when he added that if the bidding went over $1500.00, he would donate half of it to charity. At that point, E-bay canceled his auction because they will not allow money to be donated to charity. So instead, the boy is selling his clothing items. I read this in the paper today, but it's a collage paper and i couldnt' find it in national news, so sorry for not posting a link.

Martix_Agent
02-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Apparently, a high school boy was selling himself as a prom date over e-bay. The Bids got up to $250.00 when he added that if the bidding went over $1500.00, he would donate half of it to charity. At that point, E-bay canceled his auction because they will not allow money to be donated to charity. So instead, the boy is selling his clothing items. I read this in the paper today, but it's a collage paper and i couldnt' find it in national news, so sorry for not posting a link.

ScrubberManFSJ
02-05-2005, 06:24 PM
E-Bay does not allow charitable donations, as too many people in this world would

A) use it to their own advantage

B) Fall for scams by people in A bracket.

Can't really blame them for it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif