PDA

View Full Version : Few new gameplay movies

rihardslol
10-30-2008, 09:10 AM
here (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/shaunwhitesnowboarding/videos.html?mode=all)

What really annoyes me is that every time when he doesn't grab or goes off a rail without doing an ollie, he kinda comes off balance and starts kicking. So that means I will be not able to do spins out if rails nicely without jumping?

rihardslol
10-30-2008, 09:10 AM
here (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/shaunwhitesnowboarding/videos.html?mode=all)

What really annoyes me is that every time when he doesn't grab or goes off a rail without doing an ollie, he kinda comes off balance and starts kicking. So that means I will be not able to do spins out if rails nicely without jumping?

mrtnlol
10-30-2008, 11:42 AM
I guess that's what it means though I can't say for certain.

Also: still no landings on the kickers...

dBunnyz
10-30-2008, 12:39 PM
i see that ubi has failed completely on the trick notion. They dont have a complete rail trick list like a blunt slide etc... all u get is either a 50-50 or a boardslide.... Also they have no real flip tricks either like the mctwist and stuff i see that ubi got lazy in actually setting up the tricklist correct.... FAILED gameplay already and the game hasnt even come out yet

P-DRIZZL3
10-30-2008, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dBunnyz:
i see that ubi has failed completely on the trick notion. They dont have a complete rail trick list like a blunt slide etc... all u get is either a 50-50 or a boardslide.... Also they have no real flip tricks either like the mctwist and stuff i see that ubi got lazy in actually setting up the tricklist correct.... FAILED gameplay already and the game hasnt even come out yet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>one thing you might keep in mind is the persona playing didn't know about these tricks, or wasn't there a learning curve....?

dBunnyz
10-30-2008, 02:00 PM
mhm tru but i mean like even the way they person enters the grind it would of been like a nose blunt or such but it was still labeled as a boardslide and there was another occasion that it was said to be a 50-50 not saying that there isnt a curve just seems to me no matter which way u approach a grind its gonna be either or u know what i mean

P-DRIZZL3
10-30-2008, 02:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dBunnyz:
mhm tru but i mean like even the way they person enters the grind it would of been like a nose blunt or such but it was still labeled as a boardslide and there was another occasion that it was said to be a 50-50 not saying that there isnt a curve just seems to me no matter which way u approach a grind its gonna be either or u know what i mean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>ohhhh I see what your saying now, yeah it is pretty weird

r1dePrkCty
10-30-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm really sorry drizzle and to all the others who are sick of people complaining, but this truly does look like a complete remake of amped three. I'm really dissapointed. I know that the person playing wouldn;t play like i would but those few boardslides that he did looked so ugly. The style is just garbage...

Marc.boy.slim
10-30-2008, 03:46 PM
i'm sorry for being again the guy who says its bad...
this just looks just like amped 3. did you notice the guy is never bailing? he almost lands 90 degree square to the landing and stomps the trick! not to mention there is only 50/50 and boardslide!
i'm really disapointed in ubisoft! in times of skate you just don't want another tony hawk game! sadly ubi just that!
it seams they target nonsnowboard gamers who probably think "this looks pretty realistc what this crazy guy is doing on his snowboard"...
well ubi every snowboarder knows it's not!
I'm sorry but from this videos it looks like ubi FAILED!

rihardslol
10-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Epic fail. But this game is not completed yet! Maybe ubi thinks about this in the last moment "Damn we screwed this up let's talk to blackbox" and kabooom you have Skate on snow. Naaaaaah.
Ahh I'm gonna buy it anyways. I really hope there's gonna be a demo, that would clear this all. But I don't think so

HiphoppinTiM
10-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Hahaha, i feel sorry for the guys that are saying that this game fails. Because i liked all those movies pretty much. It definately doens't looks like amped 3, especially the way the boarder moves.

I snowboarded a couple of times, but not big mountains. You can say that makes me a non snowboarde. That's why i'm not complaining about these movies, because i don't look at the realism thing. It may be not that super realistic game, but it damn sure isn't an over the top arcade fail game. It looks realistic enough for me.

I want to play this game even more now i've seen this movies

P-DRIZZL3
10-30-2008, 05:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HiphoppinTiM:
Hahaha, i feel sorry for the guys that are saying that this game fails. Because i liked all those movies pretty much. It definately doens't looks like amped 3, especially the way the boarder moves.

I snowboarded a couple of times, but not big mountains. You can say that makes me a non snowboarde. That's why i'm not complaining about these movies, because i don't look at the realism thing. It may be not that super realistic game, but it damn sure isn't an over the top arcade fail game. It looks realistic enough for me.

I want to play this game even more now i've seen this movies </div></BLOCKQUOTE>yeah, I am not exactly sure what everybody is moaning about really, the grinding thing, no big deal really mpw that I look at it, it is quite amazing how the attitude can swing from positive to negative soo fast on the internet, oh well, hopefully what ever they were talking about gets fixed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dBunnyz
10-30-2008, 05:28 PM
ahah dont get me wrong this game may be a failure to create pure realism but this game is gonna be amazing in every other aspect i cant wait to get my hands on it!!! For those ppl in doubt rent it and see what u think but all i know is im deff buying this game

HiphoppinTiM
10-30-2008, 06:08 PM
I think we can't expect more things than these movies show. They aren't going to put whole new things in it. I think they are fixing the bugs and glitches and polishing the game up right now, because it's almost coming out. So if you really don't like these movies, than you probably find that this game sucks ***.

Anyways im gonna buy that stupid dvdcase with that stupid disc with an amazing game on it, no matter what people say. I &lt;3 SWSB

sunkentreasure
10-31-2008, 01:16 AM
i know everyone wants this to be realistic, but i feel like the only one complaining about the fact none of it looks like a real ski resort. some of the rail opportunities look ridiculous. too many hazzards.

they way people are riding in those movies is a different story all together and has nothing to do with what the game has to offer anybody personally. i did see in one of those movies a sweet little stair rail hidden away which is cool

Frozen_Nature1
10-31-2008, 01:54 AM
yeah i agree. the parks are no where near to real life. but still there are certain rails that are at realistic heights just like amped 2's jumps had landings that could be overshot with no stats, but it had the 2003 Slopestyle map that had really realistic jumps with landings to compensate

CoddyyMan
10-31-2008, 11:04 AM
I read a random review type thing and it said that at the start the boards are really forgiving, but later on in the game the better boards have more realistic landings and stuff, also the controls were on it aswell. i found it on either ign or gametrailers.