PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell Conviction engine.

uetforever
11-28-2008, 08:17 AM

uetforever
11-28-2008, 08:17 AM

Ahytys
11-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Well, we have almost nothing to judge the engine yet. Hope we will soon http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Vth_F_Smith_
11-28-2008, 04:36 PM
The SCX engine (that's the name of the one used in Chaos Theory) has been completely re-written from Scratch for Double Agent and since it's called SCX, I assume the SC stands for Splinter Cell and the X means probably that it's meant to last for quite a while. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Knot3D
11-29-2008, 05:38 AM
Regardless the official name of the SC C engine, imo it looks great.

Best lighting & ambient occlusion ingame I've seen until now - yes, even better than Gears of War 2's ambient occlusion.

Rea1SamF1sher
11-29-2008, 07:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knot3D:
Regardless the official name of the SC C engine, imo it looks great.

Best lighting & ambient occlusion ingame I've seen until now - yes, even better than Gears of War 2's ambient occlusion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right.

ckhan319
11-29-2008, 02:00 PM
There was gameplay footage on GameReactor. Even though the game was very early in its progress, I was impressed. Hopefully we get something soon to look forward to.

UbiRazz
12-01-2008, 09:11 AM
It's a really, really, really good engine. That's as much are you're getting for now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Ahytys
12-01-2008, 10:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UbiRazz:
It's a really, really, really good engine. That's as much are you're getting for now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL
Ok, we'll take your word...

...we always do XD

Rea1SamF1sher
12-01-2008, 10:44 AM
No I think he is right. Today I still say if I play SCDA or SCCT "NICE!!!"

Ahytys
12-02-2008, 12:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andre202:
No I think he is right. Today I still say if I play SCDA or SCCT "NICE!!!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes I was just joking.
Every single splinter cell game have had the best graphics of its time, we don't have to be worried about that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

MpHjDbM_
12-02-2008, 01:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
UbiRazz
Posted Mon December 01 2008 08:11 Hide Post
It's a really, really, really good engine. That's as much are you're getting for now </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

To bad we can't say that about the game itself. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Hiddai
12-04-2008, 09:00 AM
Anyway i hope that in the midtime of since we saw the SCC screenshots they are planning to improve the graphic to some good 2009 graphic.

Mr.E.Bear
12-04-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm worried about SC:C being out of date when it's released, as it's taking so long.

Christmas 2007? More like Christmas 2009...

I'd like to see the Dunia engine used in this game, but I reckon that's pretty unlikely.

Why have an awesome lighting system for a game that doesn't incorporate L/S game play?

CoastalGirl
12-04-2008, 10:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr.E.Bear:
Why have an awesome lighting system for a game that doesn't incorporate L/S game play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Maybe they want me to gush over the way the light filters through their trees, like I do the ones in Fable 2? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

I wonder if the delay is because they're adding in a little stray dog companion? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Knot3D
12-04-2008, 11:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr.E.Bear:
I'd like to see the Dunia engine used in this game, but I reckon that's pretty unlikely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dunia is for a specific stylized semi-realistic visual ; which doesn't fit Conviction at all. Forget about it.

Why have an awesome lighting system for a game that doesn't incorporate L/S game play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Realistic lighting in a realistic style game ? Someone, report this crime ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

UbiRazz
12-04-2008, 01:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knot3D:
I'd like to see the Dunia engine used in this game, but I reckon that's pretty unlikely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dunia is for a specific stylized semi-realistic visual ; which doesn't fit Conviction at all. Forget about it.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow, I didn't realise the technical lead for the Dunia engine posted on here!

Just so you know, the engine is one made for Conviction rather than the Assassin's Creed or Far Cry 2 engines.

Knot3D
12-04-2008, 02:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UbiRazz:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow, I didn't realise the technical lead for the Dunia engine posted on here!

Just so you know, the engine is one made for Conviction rather than the Assassin's Creed or Far Cry 2 engines. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your sarcasm is totally uncalled for here.

I'm just stating the obvious about Far Cry 2's engine, being specific for the Far Cry 2 looks. Very much like an art critic making a correct statement about a painting ; the art critic doesn't come off as the artist himself, by merely making a statement/observation about the painting.

; In no way does my post come off as if I am in the same position as anyone on the FC2 team.

FFS ! I have made it clear in every FF-ing way that I love what i see in Conviction's propietary engine.

Stop throwing that unwanted/uncalled for, sarcasm at my head for no good reason.

xXsh4d0w.w0lfXx
12-04-2008, 06:00 PM
LOL...

He's being like that because he has to say the same thing over and over to you guys ranting about the game and asking the same questions. It's only logical for Razz to be like that.

LOL, he reminds me of Bungie. Very funny, really.

ERN456
12-04-2008, 06:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xXsh4d0w.w0lfXx:
LOL...

He's being like that because he has to say the same thing over and over to you guys ranting about the game and asking the same questions. It's only logical for Razz to be like that.

LOL, he reminds me of Bungie. Very funny, really. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No he has to say that because UBI is too incompetent to actually let him tell us something. I mean nobody is going to wait until 2020 when UBI decides to actually say something.

xXsh4d0w.w0lfXx
12-04-2008, 07:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ERN456:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xXsh4d0w.w0lfXx:
LOL...

No he has to say that because UBI is too incompetent to actually let him tell us something. I mean nobody is going to wait until 2020 when UBI decides to actually say something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh really? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

The threads with everyone complaining and asking the same questions over and over like some broken record really says something...

And so what if Ubi hasn't said anything new about the game? There's other companies that do that...especially movie companies...yup. Deal with it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ERN456
12-04-2008, 07:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ERN456:
LOL...

No he has to say that because UBI is too incompetent to actually let him tell us something. I mean nobody is going to wait until 2020 when UBI decides to actually say something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The threads with everyone complaining and asking the same questions over and over like some broken record really says something...

And so what if Ubi hasn't said anything new about the game? There's other companies that do that...especially movie companies...yup. Deal with it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will and so will many other people they'll all get tired of waiting on UBI. The same thing happens in the R6 forums, they wait for a response from UBI but the devs don't even have the decency of releasin a finished product much less fixing the game. If UBI plans to tell their customers to "deal with it" then they better be ready to lose their customers. I don't understand this company if they want people to buy the game. Why don't they say anything to us?

xXsh4d0w.w0lfXx
12-04-2008, 07:30 PM
LOL...

And so what if Ubi hasn't said anything new about the game? There's other companies that do that...especially movie companies...yup. Deal with it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will and so will many other people they'll all get tired of waiting on UBI. The same thing happens in the R6 forums, they wait for a response from UBI but the devs don't even have the decency of releasin a finished product much less fixing the game. If UBI plans to tell their customers to "deal with it" then they better be ready to lose their customers. I don't understand this company if they want people to buy the game. Why don't they say anything to us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think UBI will say deal with it...&gt;_&gt;...lol...

Maybe they really do have full confidence in the game...that's why they're being so quiet about it and taking their time, you know? I'm not sure why they don't show anything new right now, but I'm just dealing with it and not let it bother me.

Speaking of R6...the only thing I didn't like about it is that they don't have jump or melee. I mean, it looks tactical to me...then again, I just play games for fun so I really don't care if it is or isn't tactical...course, tactical means to do something to get an upperhand over the enemy...hell, you can be tactical in Halo if you want to. But yeah, the no jump and melee was my only gripe about the R6V games. &gt;_&gt;

BTW: Your friends with Lauren, right?...I haven't seen him in a while...&lt;_&lt;

Kinda weird...

ERN456
12-04-2008, 07:50 PM
LOL...

I will and so will many other people they'll all get tired of waiting on UBI. The same thing happens in the R6 forums, they wait for a response from UBI but the devs don't even have the decency of releasin a finished product much less fixing the game. If UBI plans to tell their customers to "deal with it" then they better be ready to lose their customers. I don't understand this company if they want people to buy the game. Why don't they say anything to us? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think UBI will say deal with it...&gt;_&gt;...lol...

Maybe they really do have full confidence in the game...that's why they're being so quiet about it and taking their time, you know? I'm not sure why they don't show anything new right now, but I'm just dealing with it and not let it bother me.

Speaking of R6...the only thing I didn't like about it is that they don't have jump or melee. I mean, it looks tactical to me...then again, I just play games for fun so I really don't care if it is or isn't tactical...course, tactical means to do something to get an upperhand over the enemy...hell, you can be tactical in Halo if you want to. But yeah, the no jump and melee was my only gripe about the R6V games. &gt;_&gt;

BTW: Your friends with Lauren, right?...I haven't seen him in a while...&lt;_&lt;

Kinda weird... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only thing that would make R6 different from all other shooters is the fact that you looked for a game where tactical and real were basically working together to simulate real life counter terrorism operations. That really wasn't my point with R6 although it still upsets me a lot. My point with R6 is that it is one of the many games that have no info and no support just like SC.

I don't know anything about Lauren I'm betting he got tired just like the many other die hards who joined this forum long before I did. They all got tired even scworld the only person I thought would stay the longest. These forums used to have much more people but they got tired of waiting like many more will get tired. Before there used to be plenty of mods and now theres only one because most of the rest quit they also got tired or had better things to do than to monitor a forum that's almost dead.

xXsh4d0w.w0lfXx
12-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Ahh, I see. Well, I haven't played the other R6 games...&gt;_&gt;

Huh...that's too bad. Hmmm, I'm sure people will come back once more info comes up...

They gotta give us something next year...here's hoping. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

ERN456
12-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Hopefully we get some sort of choice over playing with L&S or without it. Hopefully we get the multiplayer that Chaos Theory had. I really don't want Splinter Cell to become one of those franchises that used to be good.

xXsh4d0w.w0lfXx
12-04-2008, 08:15 PM
I don't think you will have a choice...but, if the mission calls for L/S, would you still play the game and enjoy it?

ERN456
12-04-2008, 08:19 PM
I don't think you will have a choice...but, if the mission calls for L/S, would you still play the game and enjoy it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the game won't allow me to choose to go out at night I might doubt it. I guess that would depend on how big are the L&S parts they must at least be half of the game. Maybe then I would enjoy the crowd stealth becaus I would know that I can play with L&S after doing those parts.

soron
12-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I remember when Rainbow Six used to be good... I played RB6 three coop online for about a year strait. It all went down hill after "Lockdown." I loved that game. Splinter cell was like that until DA 360. I hope they will turn this series around before it flat lines.

xXsh4d0w.w0lfXx
12-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I don't think you will have a choice...but, if the mission calls for L/S, would you still play the game and enjoy it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If the game won't allow me to choose to go out at night I might doubt it. I guess that would depend on how big are the L&S parts they must at least be half of the game. Maybe then I would enjoy the crowd stealth becaus I would know that I can play with L&S after doing those parts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Be really nice actually if you had a choice on how'd you like to do things, but I think some parts would actually depend on the situation. Like, maybe you do need to have people around to complete an objective.

ERN456
12-04-2008, 10:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by soron:
I remember when Rainbow Six used to be good... I played RB6 three coop online for about a year strait. It all went down hill after "Lockdown." I loved that game. Splinter cell was like that until DA 360. I hope they will turn this series around before it flat lines. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same thing happened to GR when they started changing it. It seems the Tom Clancy franchises are all going downhill these days.

CoastalGirl
12-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Be really nice actually if you had a choice on how'd you like to do things, but I think some parts would actually depend on the situation. Like, maybe you do need to have people around to complete an objective. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Never needed people around before... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ETA: Looks like Lauren's still around, just not here ATM. Can't say I blame him.

bbfreak7777
12-04-2008, 10:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CoastalGirl:
Be really nice actually if you had a choice on how'd you like to do things, but I think some parts would actually depend on the situation. Like, maybe you do need to have people around to complete an objective. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Never needed people around before... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ETA: Looks like Lauren's still around, just not here ATM. Can't say I blame him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yea, I don't come here as oten either. I see Lauren on GI all the time though.