PDA

View Full Version : Why not 2 Hero classes per Faction?

DarkMystery1979
05-18-2006, 03:10 PM
i think it would add more diversity to have a 1 might and 1 magic hero class in each faction, like it perfectly was in homm3.

i currently see a lot of issues, like having puppet master scroll and an inferno hero who has lots of knowledge and attack but no spellpower cause he will not get anything in that area, if not by objectst hat increase primary attributes or artifacts. it those are few - skill points are waisted and such a hero has to focus on might.

and knight haven hero only has attack and defense, thus is a pure might hero, but why not have a cleric class that concentrates more on spellpower and knowledge and maybe a little defense?

i think point distribution is too strict in hommV, heroes get 2 attributes and nothing in the other when they level up, thats very different to previous homm games, where primary skillpoint distribution was about equal and fixed with a % ratio.

i also liked death knight as might hero and necro hero for magic, when playing necropolis.

same with warlord/warlock for dungeon.

i wish only good stuff would made it into the sequels http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

DarkMystery1979
05-18-2006, 03:10 PM
i think it would add more diversity to have a 1 might and 1 magic hero class in each faction, like it perfectly was in homm3.

i currently see a lot of issues, like having puppet master scroll and an inferno hero who has lots of knowledge and attack but no spellpower cause he will not get anything in that area, if not by objectst hat increase primary attributes or artifacts. it those are few - skill points are waisted and such a hero has to focus on might.

and knight haven hero only has attack and defense, thus is a pure might hero, but why not have a cleric class that concentrates more on spellpower and knowledge and maybe a little defense?

i think point distribution is too strict in hommV, heroes get 2 attributes and nothing in the other when they level up, thats very different to previous homm games, where primary skillpoint distribution was about equal and fixed with a % ratio.

i also liked death knight as might hero and necro hero for magic, when playing necropolis.

same with warlord/warlock for dungeon.

i wish only good stuff would made it into the sequels http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
05-18-2006, 03:14 PM
I've got mixed feelings on this. I kinda like it the way it is. The heroes are pre-disposed to develop in a certain way based on their race/town-alignment...but they can become either a might hero or a magic hero based upon their skill/ability selections. Sure, the stats will still be based upon their racial statistics...but you can still create them how you want for the most part.

But on the other hand, I did like that variation of hero types in h3 (but at the end of the game, they'd all end up very similar due to the skill system). Neither system is perfect. But H5's is better overall IMO.

Red_orbiT_
05-18-2006, 03:19 PM
The heroes get much more uniqe in hommV.
There were 18 classes in homm3, but they only really played in four different ways:
Defensive
Offensive
Balanced
Mage

In HommV there are six ways for heroes to be played. That sounds more to me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

pavel44
05-18-2006, 03:25 PM
I definitely want Nival to make 2 hero classes with unique special skills/abilities/etc.

akrav
05-18-2006, 03:31 PM
ye it kind of sux that some races heroes cannot get certain stats, which makes using undead heroes as mages quite lame.

iv played many games with vladimir and in some of them he gets to lvl 15-20 with only 10-30 mana and tons of SP, SP is worthless when you have 10 mana.

ST_Ghost
05-18-2006, 03:35 PM
I liked the H4 system, but thats just me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

2 types of heroes is better, especially as they get different chances of getting certain skills.

DarkMystery1979
05-18-2006, 04:09 PM
well, i liked to start out as might or magic hero in homm3.

i agree though, the skill system of hommV is the best so far.

but more importantly what about those att, def, sp, and knowledge attributes? i mean heroes only get a chance on 2 attributes and never on the other 2. this can be devastating early-midgame.

like demon hero with lots of knowledge and no sp, i must say i would not concentrate on any magic skills until i found a way in boosting sp. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

pavel44
05-18-2006, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkMystery1979:
well, i liked to start out as might or magic hero in homm3.

i agree though, the skill system of hommV is the best so far.

but more importantly what about those att, def, sp, and knowledge attributes? i mean heroes only get a chance on 2 attributes and never on the other 2. this can be devastating early-midgame.

like demon hero with lots of knowledge and no sp, i must say i would not concentrate on any magic skills until i found a way in boosting sp. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

most spells in Dark and Light magics barely need any spellpower.

p4eev
05-18-2006, 05:00 PM
all heroes from Dungeon already have Iressistible magic... that's very annoying.
why the hell they did it...

DarkMystery1979
05-19-2006, 02:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">most spells in Dark and Light magics barely need any spellpower. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you sure? if found out that a spell like puppetmaster needs some spellpower to work at all.

in late game and at high levels(20?) the demonic hero suddenly only gets spellpower points with levels. so it seems to even out later in the game.

pavel44
05-19-2006, 02:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkMystery1979:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">most spells in Dark and Light magics barely need any spellpower. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

are you sure? if found out that a spell like puppetmaster needs some spellpower to work at all.

in late game and at high levels(20?) the demonic hero suddenly only gets spellpower points with levels. so it seems to even out later in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

only about 3 out of 10 spells really need Spellpower.

http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes5/dark_magic.shtml

Jolly-Joker
05-19-2006, 02:23 AM
Let's define Might hero and Magic hero. In Heroes V each of the six hero has a primary attribute and secondary attribute. Most level-ups will be one of those two. If I would have to guess about the probabilities I'd say something like 50% for the primary 35% for the secondary and 15% for the rest. However, it could be 50-25-25 as well or something in between. Let's see:
Knight: P: Defense; S: Attack
Ranger: P: Defense; S: Knowledge
Demon Lord: P: Attack; S: Knowledge
Necromancer: P: Power; S: Defense
Warlock: P: Power; S: Attack
Wizard: P: Knowledge; S: Power

So we have a Might hero with the Knight; since Haven is Light and Dark the Knight will have limited magic abilities, though.
We have a Magic hero with the Wizard; artifacts may better the might stats, though, and Library makes sure the hero has indeed a magic potential.
The rest is obviously mixed.

pavel44
05-19-2006, 02:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jolly-Joker:
Let's define Might hero and Magic hero. In Heroes V each of the six hero has a primary attribute and secondary attribute. Most level-ups will be one of those two. If I would have to guess about the probabilities I'd say something like 50% for the primary 35% for the secondary and 15% for the rest. However, it could be 50-25-25 as well or something in between. Let's see:

So we have a Might hero with the Knight; since Haven is Light and Dark the Knight will have limited magic abilities, though.
We have a Magic hero with the Wizard; artifacts may better the might stats, though, and Library makes sure the hero has indeed a magic potential.
The rest is obviously mixed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think they screwed them up, here is how they should be IMO:

Knight: P: Attack; S: Defense
Ranger: P: Defense; S: Attack
Demon Lord: P: Attack; S: Power
Necromancer: P: Power/Knowledge equal and weak defense

Jolly-Joker
05-19-2006, 02:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pavel44:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jolly-Joker:

Necromancer: P: Power/Knowledge equal and weak defense </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why? For Necro that would suck badly, for example.

pavel44
05-19-2006, 02:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pavel44:

Necromancer: P: Power/Knowledge equal and weak defense </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why? For Necro that would suck badly, for example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It just seems to make more sense consept wise. why would it suck for Necro? Necro should go for Defense skill and it will be fine--30% off damage.

Jolly-Joker
05-19-2006, 02:56 AM
No, I don't think it would make more sense. I think, you are just "biassed" by the fact that in H 3 with the old Rampart the Ranger was that way, while the Necromancer was the other way. The concept here is just different; but it works a lot better than the concept in H 3, imo, because too many of the heroes there were redundant and inferior.

pavel44
05-19-2006, 03:01 AM
No, I don't think it would make more sense. I think, you are just "biassed" by the fact that in H 3 with the old Rampart the Ranger was that way, while the Necromancer was the other way. The concept here is just different; but it works a lot better than the concept in H 3, imo, because too many of the heroes there were redundant and inferior. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't even remember what they were like before, it just makes more sense to me.

H5forem
05-19-2006, 03:04 AM
Anyone know if after level 10 the skill tend to balance like in Heroes 3 ?

Primary Skill Advancement by Class

Hero Class and Level Att Def Pwr Knw
Alchemist 2-9 30% 30% 20% 20%
Alchemist 10+ 30% 30% 20% 20%
Barbarian 2-9 55% 35% 5% 5%
Barbarian 10+ 30% 30% 20% 20%
Battle Mage 2-9 30% 20% 25% 25%
Battle Mage 10+ 25% 25% 25% 25%
Beastmaster 2-9 30% 60% 5% 5%
Beastmaster 10+ 30% 30% 20% 20%
Cleric 2-9 20% 15% 30% 35%
Cleric 10+ 20% 20% 30% 30%
Death Knight 2-9 30% 25% 20% 25%
Death Knight 10+ 25% 25% 25% 25%
Demoniac 2-9 30% 30% 20% 20%
Demoniac 10+ 20% 20% 30% 30%
Druid 2-9 10% 20% 35% 35%
Druid 10+ 20% 20% 30% 30%
Heretic 2-9 20% 20% 35% 35%
Heretic 10+ 25% 25% 25% 25%
Knight 2-9 40% 40% 10% 10%
Knight 10+ 30% 30% 20% 20%
Necromancer 2-9 15% 15% 35% 35%
Necromancer 10+ 25% 25% 25% 25%
Overlord 2-9 40% 35% 15% 10%
Overlord 10+ 30% 30% 20% 20%
Ranger 2-9 35% 45% 10% 10%
Ranger 10+ 30% 30% 20% 20%
Warlock 2-9 10% 10% 50% 30%
Warlock 10+ 20% 20% 30% 30%
Witch 2-9 5% 15% 40% 40%
Witch 10+ 20% 20% 30% 30%
Wizard 2-9 10% 10% 40% 40%
Wizard 10+ 30% 30% 20% 20%

Heroes of Might and Magic III

DarkMystery1979
05-19-2006, 03:43 AM
still, i only got spell power after lvl20 with a demonic hero no knowledge or attack, anymore.....luck?