PDA

View Full Version : how do I make a static campaign work?

Danschnell
12-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi people.

Its a long time since I've done it, but despite following the instructions in the manual, i cant get it to work.

I'm trying to make all my nomohan missions into a static campaign. The campaign never shows up though.

In the JA folder I placed a new folder called IJAFighter. In that folder I placed all the missions, and the campaign.ini file, which reads as follows

[Main]
Class il2.game.campaign.CampaignBlue
awardsClass il2.game.campaign.AwardsDEfighter

[list]
01nomohan.mis
02nomohan.mis
03nomohan.mis
04nomohan.mis
05nomohan.mis
06nomohan.mis
07nomohan.mis
08nomohan.mis
09tigers.mis
10tigers.mis

I've looked in the folders for other campaigns, and since 1947 came out, I notice that none of the folders have a all.ini file, despite there being static campaigns shipped with the product. Just to be sure though, in the JA folder I put an all.ini file, which reads

[list]
IJAFighter

But no campaign shows up. Whats going on?

Danschnell
12-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi people.

Its a long time since I've done it, but despite following the instructions in the manual, i cant get it to work.

I'm trying to make all my nomohan missions into a static campaign. The campaign never shows up though.

In the JA folder I placed a new folder called IJAFighter. In that folder I placed all the missions, and the campaign.ini file, which reads as follows

[Main]
Class il2.game.campaign.CampaignBlue
awardsClass il2.game.campaign.AwardsDEfighter

[list]
01nomohan.mis
02nomohan.mis
03nomohan.mis
04nomohan.mis
05nomohan.mis
06nomohan.mis
07nomohan.mis
08nomohan.mis
09tigers.mis
10tigers.mis

I've looked in the folders for other campaigns, and since 1947 came out, I notice that none of the folders have a all.ini file, despite there being static campaigns shipped with the product. Just to be sure though, in the JA folder I put an all.ini file, which reads

[list]
IJAFighter

But no campaign shows up. Whats going on?

BH-21
12-19-2006, 11:33 AM
Well you need to have a folder in the campagin\(nationaliy code) section of IL-2. There shouldn't be any files outside of this if you are doing a basic campaign. In the folder you have to have the following two files: ( campaign.ini, info.properties ) and of course at least one mission. In your posted example you have some missions with different file names from earlier ones, plus the serial numbering must follow, not precede the naming. You also don't need that all.ini thingy. Without the info.properties file which is a text file you will not see anything to select in the game. The manual is misleading so don't rely on it to much.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

My stuff
Milne Bay Campaign
Historical Pacific Single Mission Pack 01
Historical Pacific Single Mission Pack 02
Historical Pacific Single Mission Pack 03
Historical Pacific Single Mission Pack 04
Historical Pacific Single Mission Pack 05
Saipan Thunderbolts Campaign

here at: http://www.flying-legends.net/ and http://mission4today.com/

Danschnell
12-19-2006, 05:47 PM
aha!

That solves some problems

However, what do I actually put in the info.properties file?

Zeus-cat
12-19-2006, 06:34 PM
The info file has the introduction that shows up on the pilot career selection screen. That's all it does.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

Zeus-cat

My Campaigns:
Straight Shot (9 missions in the Japanese Seaplane - A6M2-N "Rufe")
Straight Into an Icy Hell (14 missions for the Rufe in the Aleutians)
Straight Down (26 dive-bombing missions in a carrier-based SBD-3)
Straight Down Some More (19 more missions in a carrier-based SBD-3)
Straight and True (30 torpedo bomber missions in an IL-2T)

My campaign page at Miision4Today
http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=22

Danschnell
12-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Woohoo! It works.

Anyone who wants to play the Nomohan incident, e-mail me at Danielthorlby@hotmail.com

Theres 8 Nomohan missions, historically based. Theres only 8 because otherwise it would get repetitive. There are only 5 historical aircraft types for it, and as you play Japanese, it turned out VERY difficult.

I read somewhere that the same pilots at Nomohan flew against the Flying Tigers, so I tacked 2 Flying Tigers missions onto the end http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Also made a Korean war single mission that turned out pretty fun. 16 planes per side. Nice mixture of historical types, and flights on both sides flying different types of missions.

mandrill7
12-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Dan, why don't you upload your stuff onto Mission 4 Today. Many of us have the site linked onto our posts. That way, guys can check your stuff out and decide if they want to d/l it without having to email you.

You can upload some skins and screenshots as well to make a more complete package.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hello, Little Friends. So glad you decided to join us.
http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&c=19