PDA

View Full Version : Problem with playing with a brother

warkiller87
07-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Hello there, I just bought up Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for my brother yesterday so we could try to play together. Since we're both using a PC to play, we had to make the proper adjustments to the modem ports to allow him to be able to play properly.

But while he can play normally, for some reason whenever I try to join one of his games or that we try to make a game together, it doesn't work and I always get kicked out of the game, and even sometimes sent back into singleplayer mode(wtf).

Anyone know a way to fix that problem? I bought mine from the official sites while the version he got was bought on Steam.

warkiller87
07-04-2011, 10:04 PM
Hello there, I just bought up Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for my brother yesterday so we could try to play together. Since we're both using a PC to play, we had to make the proper adjustments to the modem ports to allow him to be able to play properly.

But while he can play normally, for some reason whenever I try to join one of his games or that we try to make a game together, it doesn't work and I always get kicked out of the game, and even sometimes sent back into singleplayer mode(wtf).

Anyone know a way to fix that problem? I bought mine from the official sites while the version he got was bought on Steam.

Crumplecorn
07-05-2011, 02:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by warkiller87:
we had to make the proper adjustments to the modem ports to allow him to be able to play properly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What adjustments exactly?

I don't think two people behind the same NAT will be able to play together online...

StarScream391
07-05-2011, 02:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by warkiller87:
we had to make the proper adjustments to the modem ports to allow him to be able to play properly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What adjustments exactly?

I don't think two people behind the same NAT will be able to play together online... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This, yeah they can't.

Dave0718
07-05-2011, 02:21 AM
I thought this thread was about problems playing with black people http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Serrachio
07-05-2011, 03:07 AM
It's because you're sharing the same connection, which makes it hard to send and recieve the data packets as the two computers are trying to use the same client.

obliviondoll
07-05-2011, 08:26 AM
I believe the term you're all looking for is "IP address"

If you're both using the same connection, you're not going to be able to join the same game.

Either play in different houses, or get a second internet line for your brother to play on.

warkiller87
07-05-2011, 03:16 PM
The adjustment I speak of was simply to open up the needed ports for the game on the router along with those on his firewall.

But I'm not sure to agree with your saying of that NAT thing being the problem. After all, both he and I can play online at the same time. The problem is that somehow we can't play in the same game.

Crumplecorn
07-05-2011, 03:28 PM
But how can you point the same port at 2 different machines?

Edit: Or are you saying only one machine has the ports open? That would work as long as you were in different games, but won't if you are in the same one as the host will not be able to reach you both.

warkiller87
07-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Well initially, I followed the steps found in this thread here to help me solve my first problem which was that my game took an eternity to even start : http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1024388/m/8421017829 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/8421017829)

But then when we wanted to do the same for my brother's computer, it didn't seemed to work. SO we went on the router itself(you can access it by typing your router's own IP address) and we opened up the ports in it. So technically, we both can play online without a hitch..except when it comes to attempt to play in the same game.

Crumplecorn
07-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Ya, it sounds like your ports aren't actually open at all. Nothing can be done about this, just be glad it is possible to play at the same time at all...

Oh, and demand that Ubisoft use dedicated servers next time.

obliviondoll
07-05-2011, 10:48 PM
The numbered points to follow are what I've pieced together so far of your problem. If any of the below points is incorrect, tell me, because that would mean the problem is different from what I think you're saying.

1. You're both connecting to the internet through a single connection.

2. You can both play the game fine.

3. You can both play the game at the same time, while in separate matches.

4. When you try to play together in the same match, the game won't let you.

The following should explain why this problem happens:

You're connecting through the same connection, with the same IP address.

When you're connecting to separate matches, this is fine, because the game sends data on each of your matches to the IP address, and the router can sort it out.

When you both connect to the same game, everything gets muddled and the game doesn't know who to send which information to, so it doesn't work.

Unless you want to set up multiple internet lines into your house, one of you will need to run through a proxy, and that will cause more lag issues than the game already has, so I wouldn't recommend it. Also, it's a confusing and difficult mess to even get a game running through a proxy server in the first place, so it's probably not worth the effort.

RecklessNoob
07-06-2011, 06:59 PM
At launch me and my friend played the same games for almost 3 days straight. Did they change something so you cant play the same match together? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Ripe Claw
07-06-2011, 07:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave0718:
I thought this thread was about problems playing with black people http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not?

I can play in the same game on the same connection on the 360 just fine. Is this just because you are on PC?

Is the router set up as a dhcp server correctly? Maybe both of your computers are listed with the same ip address causing confusion.

I set up static ip addresses for my 360s, seems to have helped the game.