rtvrdy
02-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Love the new graphics and action of the new
Silent Hunters 5. Only problem is I'm and
ole U.S. Navy sailor and have a problem sinking
American and British ships.

kapitan-holmann
02-08-2010, 11:58 AM
in SH4 the basic game played in the pacific with US subs,the add-onn gave you german subs.

maybe SH5 starts as german subs in the atlantic with US/UK subs or surface ships as an add-on...

rtvrdy
02-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Thanks for your comment Kapitan Holmann. I hope you're right. Nothing against the Germans.
I spent 2 yrs there during my stint in the Navy.
Great people. I'm sure, if you're German, you might have trouble shooting down German ships too. Nothing like national pride.

alanschu14
02-08-2010, 12:45 PM
An important thing to remember is that it is still just a game.

The advantages of having a German campaign for a submarine game is that the submarine war in the Atlantic is, in my opinion, more interesting than the submarine war in the pacific.

If you struggle to get past this then that is unfortunate. But I doubt any of us on this forum would want to sink any ship, whether they be American, British, German, etc.

OberZurSee
02-08-2010, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by rtvrdy:
Thanks for your comment Kapitan Holmann. I hope you're right. Nothing against the Germans.
Great people. I'm sure, if you're German, you might have trouble shooting down German ships too. Nothing like national pride.

Well I'm English and have no problem sinking English ships. I have cultivated this ability you see, it's the ability to distinguish between pretend video games and the real world.

gamer025
02-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by OberZurSee:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rtvrdy:

Well I'm English and have no problem sinking English ships. I have cultivated this ability you see, it's the ability to distinguish between pretend video games and the real world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen. I'm Canadian and I keep looking for Canadian ships to sink but there never are any! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Sometimes I take a Type IX out just to get the coast of Halifax but no luck yet lol.

Argos1955
02-11-2010, 02:34 AM
have a problem sinking
American and British ships.
Relax - help is very simple:
In game change files with US and British flag to German, and German flag to American - your conscience was clear.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Look, this is only game.
When I've played and saw my national insign on ship (allies on IIWW) I told "wow! you? here?" and shot a torpedo...
Only game.

AlexLjutke
02-11-2010, 09:41 AM
First of all, this game about technical aspects (simulator) underwater war during WW2. Nationality in this game don't play any role. U-boat was best boat at the time.