PDA

View Full Version : No way to communicate in co-op?

Ashrien
04-28-2010, 02:01 AM
I'm probably just a ******, but I can't seem to find a way to communicate in co-op mode with other players.

Ubi didn't 'accidentally' communication, did they?

Ashrien
04-28-2010, 02:01 AM
I'm probably just a ******, but I can't seem to find a way to communicate in co-op mode with other players.

Ubi didn't 'accidentally' communication, did they?

Multimaster88
04-28-2010, 02:04 AM
I think they did. If i was ubisoft boss id fire 10 people who worked on this game today, and send a press releaase saying that employees were layed off and that we care about the pc comunity and a patch will come.

Ashrien
04-28-2010, 02:11 AM
Just.. Wow. I've got an official support ticket in with Ubi and I'll call them in the morning, just for good measure. I can't believe they're actually capable of "oops"-ing out any form of communication.

Multimaster88
04-28-2010, 02:15 AM
They were probably too busy playing on the xbox version and forgot about it, its no biggie. Its understandable, i think its our fault actually

Ashrien
04-28-2010, 02:19 AM
How is Ubi borking probably the most critical aspect of online gaming our fault? lol

Multimaster88
04-28-2010, 02:26 AM
My post is sarcastic. Your supposed to realize that based on how odd it sounds. ><

Ashrien
04-28-2010, 02:32 AM
Oh, my bad. Just hope someone that's magically figured out how to type a friggin' message will pop in here.

Match servers either suck serious a$$ or Ubi sucks at life. Been 'searching' for an hour or more. (I keep restarting search after about 2 minutes.)

bubbaganoosh
04-28-2010, 08:18 AM
You know I could live without voice comms, although to have no comms in a multiplyer game these days is stupid. But no in game chat at least? I mean seriously, what the heck were you guys thinking?

This is what happens when the company execs set a release date wether it's ready or not. Too bad all devs can't do what Blizzard does "It will be released when it;s ready". Hopefully they get this donr soon or else they may as well kiss multiplyer good bye.

Maybe if someone has a Vent server they know of in the mean time......

RE-EMpro1
04-28-2010, 09:37 AM
You mean theres no anykind of chat at all? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

LithianLord
04-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Just use xFire?

Skynxnex
04-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Or steam. Honestly who plays coop with random people anyway. Get a buddy and get a mic. If you can't get either then you fail at life.

ELApollo66
04-28-2010, 02:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skynxnex:
Or steam. Honestly who plays coop with random people anyway. Get a buddy and get a mic. If you can't get either then you fail at life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely ******ed post.

Anyway, if you're going to make a game that heavily features co-op play, especially one with matchmaking, you include the ability to communicate. It's a no-brainer. Saying "oh just use vent/mumble/xfire/steam" is a stupid argument, you shouldn't have to use 3rd party software to play the game the way it's intended.

chrkaise
04-28-2010, 02:45 PM
most people dont use the ingame chat even if its included because its rarely as good as using vent or steam voicechat

not being able to type, however.... sad

Ashrien
04-28-2010, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skynxnex:
Or steam. Honestly who plays coop with random people anyway. Get a buddy and get a mic. If you can't get either then you fail at life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And.. How do you suppose you made all those online friends? At one point, they were randoms you met in "pick-up" games. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Chat is necessary at the very least for basic crap like: "Hey, gotta use the restroom, brb.", or in more dire circumstances; "House is burning down, g2g."

bubbaganoosh
04-28-2010, 04:39 PM
I set up a Vent server but can only have a max of 8 clients. Between my guy and my admin I can have 6 others. Now I will give out the IP address to who wants it as I won't post it here. Send me a pm if you want it. I honestly don't want to give it out to lots of people but I also want it to be there for people who want to play multiplyer.

Ashrien
04-30-2010, 06:20 AM
Finally got a reply back from my support ticket, came from 'Ted', the tech-lead.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I apologize for the delay. I was unable to find any way to chat in the game. It looks like they may not have included any means of communicating to other players. The only way that I can think of to communicate with someone would be to use a third party program like Ventrillo or Teamspeak.

Ubisoft Tech. Lead,
Ted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And my response is as follows:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My main concern is how to convey an alternative means of communication when you can't actually tell the 2nd player how to accomplish this.

"Start Matchmaking" &gt; someone joins &gt; -: how do I tell them: "Hey, my xfire is blah123" :-

I'm sure you can see the dilemma. Any way this could be forwarded to the development team? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ashrien
04-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Updating this with their response.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We'll have this documented and passed along. We haven't heard anything about the lack of any kind of communications feature within the game. There isn't anything we can do to force them to release something for this, but we'll have it documented and passed along. Just keep an eye on the forums and FAQ, hopefully we'll see something about this soon.

-Ted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>