PDA

View Full Version : Headset Help

Kocrachon
04-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Ok, I have a USB headset, and I went through the configuration and I noticed it doesnt have an option to make it so that when people talk it goes through my headset and not out my speakers, is there a way to fix this?

Kocrachon
04-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Ok, I have a USB headset, and I went through the configuration and I noticed it doesnt have an option to make it so that when people talk it goes through my headset and not out my speakers, is there a way to fix this?

Broom347
04-07-2005, 11:11 AM
USB headsets are generally ****...if I were you I would buy a regular headset that hooks directly into your sound card.

Broom347
04-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Why does ubi.com edit out the word c r a p? lol

bubbaganoosh
04-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Yeah I have never had any sucess with a USB headset. Everyone I know who has tried one has returned it the next day. Best bet is to do what Broom sugests.

Jason-Alaska
04-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Is it your own voice you hear coming through your speakers? If so you can mute your mic output (others still hear your voice, just you wont) in your sound settings.

If you are refering to all the sounds in game, you may need to unplug your non-USB sound output (speakers) to have only sound in your USB headset.

I am moving this post to the Community Help (http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/groupee/forums?a=frm&s=400102&f=954105331) forum and closing this one. Please feel free to continue your discussion there. Good luck! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

* The first and most important thing is to post your bug/glitch/problem reports in one place so I can quickly and easily find your feedback. The Community Help (http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/groupee/forums?a=frm&s=400102&f=954105331) Forum is the proper place to do this.

Kocrachon
04-07-2005, 11:26 AM
no no no no no... ok... here is whats happening...

I talk through my headset and people hear me just fine...

The game noises come out of my speakers...

My problem is... When I am playing, and some one talks to ME, what htey say comes out through my speakers... I want it like Xbox live where if they talk to me i hear it in my headset and not hear them come out of my speakers... Nothing wrong with my USB Headset im just trying to see if there is a way to make it so that when my Partner talks to me I can hear them through my headset so that way the game noises that come out through the speakers dont muffle him...

WScreamer
04-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Im having the same problem when i go into sound setup it auto selects my sound card and wont let me choose the voice recording device to be my usb headset even though its the window default. Im looking for my voice to go through my headset and the other players voice to come through my headset.

Kocrachon
04-07-2005, 11:11 PM
So i am going to guess that it is not possible...

WScreamer
04-08-2005, 12:14 PM
why wouldnt it be possible? All they need to allow is you to select your computer default sound devices instead of auto-detecting and setting the wrong thing then not letting us change it.