PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Tunes - Favorites to Frag to

SquallSeeD31
11-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Alright folks, this is a topic I don't see discussed often enough, and I honestly think it is very relevant to gaming and our styles of gameplay. The big question I'd like to pose for today is:
What are you listening to while playing your games?
This is particularly referring to any game that's high-action and online, but you can go ahead and apply it to gaming in general. I know a lot of games (especially Halo 2) have amazing soundtracks, but typically the multiplayer tunes are left lacking. I know, I know, what can be more satisfying than the staccato rhythm of dual SMG spray painting a macabre picture with your enemies, but sometimes I like to hear a little more than grenade clinks and team chat in my ear. I tend to like rocking out to heavy metal when I'm in deathmatches, particular shout out to Powerman 5000, but during team games I find that the soundtracks to Final Fantasy are immensely moving and inspirational. Try listening to "Movin'" from FFVIII before you go into a serious Major Clanmatch CTF and tell me if you don't feel like you're about to fight for some real glory and honor.
Post your thoughts here, as well as your own personal favorites.

Juiceman72
11-17-2004, 04:45 PM
While I haven't listened to any tunes during Halo 2 (I like to hear the enemies), I would think Skindred's 'Nobody' would be a cool song to have play during a slayer match.

Aeryk
11-17-2004, 04:48 PM
When I would play Bionic Commando, the only thing I'd listen to was Metallica's Master of Puppets album. Now I guess I put my WMP on all music and let it fly.

hartless006
11-17-2004, 04:50 PM
i agree don't like to listen in game if it is a real game but if i am practucing or just having fun trance, jungle, drum and base, and idustrial tend to be my picks.

stonelance
11-17-2004, 04:53 PM
I usually dont listen to any music other than any ingame music while playing, although driving around in a ghost or warthog always makes me feel like listening to Steppenwolf - Born to be Wild afterwards.

Aderon-
11-17-2004, 05:41 PM
I listen to that Doom 3 intro song. You can download it at their site. Its like 30 seconds long and I have it on repeat. It's so catchy. here let me hum it.

Dum de dum de dum DUM DUM DUM da de dum de da dDUMD DUM DUM!