PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Center pre order bouns

Pancho X1
10-27-2011, 10:29 AM
so, I have two electrics and an acustic, Rocksmith, a real tone cable and a gift certificate from Guitar Center for $25.00 for preordering the game. i don't need another guitar, though I think I'm getting guitar fever and would love another one. Anyway, is there anything I can use this certificate for other than a guitar? I could use a case, some backup strings, a new strap, I could go on and on.... Any idea if they will take the certificate toward anything else?

sprusegoose
10-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Going to try and use mine for some new strings and some picks. Maybe a strap. It dose not specify what you can/have to use it for on the receipt.

S0bit
10-27-2011, 11:03 AM
The voucher is only towards the purchase of a NEW guitar. Kind of sucks. I could have used some new strings and an extra cable.

Wonder what the logic was to offer this with the guitar bundle.

GimbalLock
10-27-2011, 11:08 AM
here is what the voucher said when you pre ordered the game on the EB / game stop web site.

"Bonus Item
$25* voucher
Pre-Order Rocksmith with GameStop and receive a $25* voucher toward a Guitar Purchase at Guitar Center!
$25 off applies to Guitars purchased at the store's tagged Guaranteed Low Price. Not to be used in conjunction with other coupons, promotions or offers. No cash value. Excludes clearance, ukuleles, price matches, scratch & dent, vintage equipment, Gift Cards and musician services (Pro Coverage, GC Garage). Offer valid through 12-31-2011."

sprusegoose
10-27-2011, 11:19 AM
I just called Guitar Center, and was told that the 25 can go to any purchase that you make. So no it does not have to go towards a new guitar.

GimbalLock
10-27-2011, 11:21 AM
maybe true but check the limit .. i think its on a $100.00 purchase or more.

sprusegoose
10-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by GimbalLock:
That's not what the man told me. He said on any order

Pancho X1
10-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by sprusegoose:
I just called Guitar Center, and was told that the 25 can go to any purchase that you make. So no it does not have to go towards a new guitar.

now this would be cool! I wouldn't mind even if there is a limit. hmm.... I think my code is in my wallet. I may have to go online and try to order somthing at lunch time......

GimbalLock
10-27-2011, 11:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GimbalLock:
That's not what the man told me. He said on any order </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets us know when you use it. i just think when they scan the code / voucher its going to come up in their system differently then what the man told you.

sprusegoose
10-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Going to use it tonight, I'll post a screen shot if needed.

r1chard34
10-27-2011, 12:32 PM

Good luck, I took mine into the store and the cash register couldn't take it. The guy got the manager and he checked and told me it could only be used towards a guitar purchase.

Pancho X1
10-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Good luck, I took mine into the store and the cash register couldn't take it. The guy got the manager and he checked and told me it could only be used towards a guitar purchase.

That's good to know. I was really put off by the shipping charges on the website so I was planning to swing into a store when traveling next week and try there. Guess I'll give the site another try. see if the discout gets applied......

Shreddi
10-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Oh, I dont need another guitar either. I bought the Best buy ver and got the 3 effects. Diddn't open it yet though. Tried to pre-order and Best buys site was down the night before. Can we download the song FreeBird somewhere? a ny other songs? Even if we pay for them?

GimbalLock
10-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Shreddi:
Oh, I dont need another guitar either. I bought the Best buy ver and got the 3 effects. Diddn't open it yet though. Tried to pre-order and Best buys site was down the night before. Can we download the song FreeBird somewhere? a ny other songs? Even if we pay for them?

Not at the moment no DLC yet

sprusegoose
10-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by r1chard34:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sprusegoose:

Good luck, I took mine into the store and the cash register couldn't take it. The guy got the manager and he checked and told me it could only be used towards a guitar purchase. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were right man. Freaking sucks! Why would I want to buy a 100 dollar guitar when I have a two thousand dollar one at home. This makes no sense to me. If I wanted a cheap guitar I would have just got the one that came with the game.

I do know this, Guitar Center will not see a dime of my money ever. I will stick with American Musical Supply. This was the dumbest promotion ever. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

r1chard34
10-27-2011, 05:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by r1chard34:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sprusegoose:

Good luck, I took mine into the store and the cash register couldn't take it. The guy got the manager and he checked and told me it could only be used towards a guitar purchase. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You were right man. Freaking sucks! Why would I want to buy a 100 dollar guitar when I have a two thousand dollar one at home. This makes no sense to me. If I wanted a cheap guitar I would have just got the one that came with the game.

I do know this, Guitar Center will not see a dime of my money ever. I will stick with American Musical Supply. This was the dumbest promotion ever. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Said pretty clearly on the ad that it was towards the purchase of a guitar, I'd just forgotten. I didn't get upset about it.

sprusegoose
10-27-2011, 06:31 PM
What ad? The only ones I have seen said nothing about what the voucher could be used for.

PS If you need a voucher code here you go...
9MBWWH84YGK8R6UP

Pancho X1
10-27-2011, 08:29 PM
9MBWWH84YGK8R6UP
interesting....
when I enter the code on the website, I get this message:
1, HO, MISC, Rock Smith $25 off Gtr Pruch GCGS, 4/29/11-10/31/11
Coupon Code: 9MBWWH84YGK8R6UP
Spend $83.01 more to become eligible for an immediate discount of $25.00 on qualifying gear

this was after selecting an item of 15.99. I think you can use it if you spent 100.00.

Pancho X1
10-27-2011, 08:29 PM
I did not use this code by the way so it's still up for grabs if somebody needs it.

GimbalLock
10-27-2011, 09:21 PM
What ad? The only ones I have seen said nothing about what the voucher could be used for.

9MBWWH84YGK8R6UP

When you pre odered it on line it explains the Voucher is towards a guitar.
""Bonus Item
$25* voucher
Pre-Order Rocksmith with GameStop and receive a $25* voucher toward a Guitar Purchase at Guitar Center!
$25 off applies to Guitars purchased at the store's tagged Guaranteed Low Price. Not to be used in conjunction with other coupons, promotions or offers. No cash value. Excludes clearance, ukuleles, price matches, scratch & dent, vintage equipment, Gift Cards and musician services (Pro Coverage, GC Garage). Offer valid through 12-31-2011."

I know that what it was thats why i pre ordered with best buy to get the in game items since i already had a few guitars.

r1chard34
10-27-2011, 09:41 PM

9MBWWH84YGK8R6UP

The one for Gamestop that every one made fun of because it mispelled Lynyrd Skynyrd.

sprusegoose
10-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Never seen that ad. I pre ordered from the store, and they did not even have any posters up for this game. The one that I did see on there site said nothing.

But it's all good now. At Guitar Center I would have still shelled out around 25 bucks that's with the 25 off. At American Musical Supply all most the same items was about 21 bucks. Minus one set of stings.

GimbalLock
10-28-2011, 02:50 PM

9MBWWH84YGK8R6UP

Hey man i'm going to try your code.

Or if anyone else has one they aren't going to use. Let me know

sprusegoose
10-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Go ahead dude it's all yours. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Th3 Lawn Gnom3
12-09-2011, 11:12 AM
i used my code to get a set of strings a strap and some picks or and the strap locky thing because mine wouldnt stay attached to the guitar anymore i think i only had to spend 50 bucks to use the code