PDA

View Full Version : A different kind of AC movie thread

KlNDRED
12-16-2007, 12:33 PM
I know there are many threads about AC being made into a movie but the reason I decided to make a new thread is because I have a different way in mind...just hear me out lol

Firstly, we all know that the game was inspired by Vladimir Bartol's book "ALAMUT".
Now Ive been reading alamut(almost done) and I can honestly say its one of my favorite books by far.

Secondly, history has shown us that game to movies most of the time if not always come out like ****. But books to movies most of the time came out actually good. Think of lord of the rings, Harry potter...whether you like the subject matter or not, those are still very well made movies.

Finally, what im saying is this, why dont they make a movie based off Alamut but that incorporates elements of AC? characters events, even assassinations.

what do you guys think?

KlNDRED
12-16-2007, 12:33 PM
I know there are many threads about AC being made into a movie but the reason I decided to make a new thread is because I have a different way in mind...just hear me out lol

Firstly, we all know that the game was inspired by Vladimir Bartol's book "ALAMUT".
Now Ive been reading alamut(almost done) and I can honestly say its one of my favorite books by far.

Secondly, history has shown us that game to movies most of the time if not always come out like ****. But books to movies most of the time came out actually good. Think of lord of the rings, Harry potter...whether you like the subject matter or not, those are still very well made movies.

Finally, what im saying is this, why dont they make a movie based off Alamut but that incorporates elements of AC? characters events, even assassinations.

what do you guys think?

xELITEGUNNERx
12-16-2007, 12:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KlNDRED:

what do you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nice

Tela
12-16-2007, 12:35 PM
That might work, certainly. Too bad I haven't read the book yet.....

How similar are the book and game, do you think?

xELITEGUNNERx
12-16-2007, 12:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:

How similar are the book and game, do you think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
not the same i think

Tela
12-16-2007, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xELITEGUNNERx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:

not the same i think </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But I was not asking you. I was asking the OP. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

KlNDRED
12-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Not the same at all lol
They are about the same sect lol
with some stuff thats similar like the gardens, the loyal followers, and all that but story wise very different.
For anyone who hasn't read alamut, I suggest you do, it is amazing. It starts off kinda slow describing the gardens and new comers to alamut and then it picks up so much that you don't even realize your devouring page after page.
It's really an amazing book. if I ever get a budget as big as lord of the rings lol, im making this book into a movie for sure lol

xELITEGUNNERx
12-16-2007, 12:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xELITEGUNNERx:

not the same i think </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But I was not asking you. I was asking the OP. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

soz hard and whos OP obese person

Tela
12-16-2007, 12:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KlNDRED:
Not the same at all lol
with some stuff thats similar like the gardens, the loyal followers, and all that but story wise very different.
For anyone who hasn't read alamut, I suggest you do, it is amazing. It starts off kinda slow describing the gardens and new comers to alamut and then it picks up so much that you don't even realize your devouring page after page.
It's really an amazing book. if I ever get a budget as big as lord of the rings lol, im making this book into a movie for sure lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hopefully they'll wait a bit to make the movie, though. I'd rather see the next two games out, before I see a movie.

xELITEGUNNERx
12-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Not the same at all lol
It's really an amazing book. if I ever get a budget as big as lord of the rings lol, im making this book into a movie for sure lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully they'll wait a bit to make the movie, though. I'd rather see the next two games out, before I see a movie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i doubt they do they never bring movies out based on a game

Phreaky_McGeek
12-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Thanks Kindred, I'll look into the book http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Look at PoP, though. The movie, game and graphic novel all have different stories.

I think with videogame movies directors are limited to what's in the game; it can't be identical but they have to make it familiar too.

With books though, working from a description directors can let their imaginations run wild. Of course it has to stay to the book's roots, but it allows the film to become something unique, which is why I'm glad they've rewritten PoP for the big screen. I certainly hope they do it for any AC movie, too.

Tela
12-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Not the same at all lol

Hopefully they'll wait a bit to make the movie, though. I'd rather see the next two games out, before I see a movie. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i doubt they do they never bring movies out based on a game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So completely WRONG. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Silent Hill. Resident Evil.
And there is not only a Castlevania movie coming out, but supposedly a Halo movie coming out as well.

xELITEGUNNERx
12-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Not the same at all lol

i doubt they do they never bring movies out based on a game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So completely WRONG. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Silent Hill. Resident Evil.
And there is not only a Castlevania movie coming out, but supposedly a Halo movie coming out as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

can u think of any others

Tela
12-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Not off the top of my head, no. Silent Hill and Resident Evil are the more popular ones. There might be others, I'm not sure. The point is, there ARE games that were made into movies.

xELITEGUNNERx
12-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Not off the top of my head, no. Silent Hill and Resident Evil are the more popular ones. There might be others, I'm not sure. The point is, there ARE games that were made into movies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
maybe but not many

Phreaky_McGeek
12-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Final Fantasy was done. Though, I think that comment was merely a way of getting to post more without double posting.

Tela
12-16-2007, 01:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
Final Fantasy was done. Though, I think that comment was merely a way of getting to post more without double posting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right! How could I forget?

There was a Final Fantasy movie YEARS ago. I don't think it was based off an already existing game, but more just the series. And there's Advent Children, based after FF7.

My thought is, if they DO make an AC movie, I'd hope for CGI. That way, they need not worry about actors, and everything can be exactly how they want it.

xELITEGUNNERx
12-16-2007, 01:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phreaky_McGeek:
Final Fantasy was done. Though, I think that comment was merely a way of getting to post more without double posting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's right! How could I forget?

There was a Final Fantasy movie YEARS ago. I don't think it was based off an already existing game, but more just the series. And there's Advent Children, based after FF7.

My thought is, if they DO make an AC movie, I'd hope for CGI. That way, they need not worry about actors, and everything can be exactly how they want it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> mayybe bvut there arnt many that turn in to a movie

KlNDRED
12-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Resident Evil
Final Fantasy
Silent Hill
House of the Dead
Hitman
Bloodrayne
Alone in the dark
Halo (apparently coming eventually lol)
Super mario
Double Dragon
Doom
DOA
Laracroft
Mortal Kombat, etc

A lot have been made, a lot failed. few were actually good lol

xELITEGUNNERx
12-16-2007, 01:09 PM
Resident Evil
Final Fantasy
Silent Hill
House of the Dead
Hitman
Bloodrayne
Alone in the dark
Super mario
Double Dragon
Doom
DOA
Laracroft
Mortal Kombat, etc

A lot have been made, a lot failed. few were actually good lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

็ด*ๆ™ดใ‚‰ใ—ใ„

Tela
12-16-2007, 01:10 PM
English, please.

@ KINDRED: .......I knew I was forgetting a bunch. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

KlNDRED
12-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Resident Evil
Final Fantasy
Silent Hill
House of the Dead
Hitman
Bloodrayne
Alone in the dark
Super mario
Double Dragon
Doom
DOA
Laracroft
Mortal Kombat, etc

A lot have been made, a lot failed. few were actually good lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

็ด*ๆ™ดใ‚‰ใ—ใ„ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what? lol

zgubilici
12-16-2007, 01:11 PM
In case it wasn't clear already:

xELITEGUNNERx, stop spamming every thread and being a general nuisance, or you're going to face suspension.If you have something relevant to say, do so,otherwise refrain from posting just for the sake of it.
Final warning.

xELITEGUNNERx
12-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Resident Evil
Final Fantasy
Silent Hill
House of the Dead
Hitman
Bloodrayne
Alone in the dark
Super mario
Double Dragon
Doom
DOA
Laracroft
Mortal Kombat, etc

็ด*ๆ™ดใ‚‰ใ—ใ„ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what? lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

็ด*ๆ™ดใ‚‰ใ—ใ„ it means splendid in japanese

xELITEGUNNERx
12-16-2007, 01:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zgubilici:
In case it wasn't clear already:

xELITEGUNNERx, stop spamming every thread and being a general nuisance, or you're going to face suspension.If you have something relevant to say, do so,otherwise refrain from posting just for the sake of it.
Final warning. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

u said final warning in the last post

zgubilici
12-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Yes, and it is - your next useless post will send you directly to Banland.

xELITEGUNNERx
12-16-2007, 01:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zgubilici:
Yes, and it is - your next useless post will send you directly to Banland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

score man utd 1 liverpool 0

Tela
12-16-2007, 01:17 PM
Yes, and it is - your next useless post will send you directly to Banland. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

score man utd 1 liverpool 0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We warned you. And I asked you nicely to stop spamming. You did not. ....what a waste of thread space.....

elitegunner1993
12-16-2007, 01:27 PM

score man utd 1 liverpool 0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We warned you. And I asked you nicely to stop spamming. You did not. ....what a waste of thread space..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what u on about u didn't ban me that zbullci kid did

Tela
12-16-2007, 01:28 PM
I know. I didn't say I was the one to ban you. Alas....I do not have the power to ban. But how are you still here if you were banned?!

zgubilici
12-16-2007, 01:31 PM
^He's not anymore, he made a different account, evading ban, which is an offense that earned him now a permanent ban from these forums.

---
Now let's go back on topic everyone.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KlNDRED
12-16-2007, 05:49 PM
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

good idea lol
has anyone actually read or is reading Alamut?

spazzoo1025
12-16-2007, 06:08 PM
^He's not anymore, he made a different account, evading ban, which is an offense that earned him now a permanent ban from these forums.

---
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

u tell em, Z! aigheeett

elitegunner2007
01-02-2008, 08:45 AM

---
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
im will never b banned

BTOG46
01-02-2008, 09:07 AM
How are you going to explain to your parents when they lose their Internet connection if Ubisoft puts in an official complaint to their Service Provider...........

the_assassin_07
01-02-2008, 12:34 PM
^ They can actually do that? Wow...

SQHero
01-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Or... they can use AC to make a prequel to The Da Vinci Code!
JK, but just a thought.