PDA

View Full Version : Is the lag gone?

MonsterJunkese
11-22-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm getting ACR In a couple of days so who ever has the game, Is there still lag and glitches and general bull**** like in ACB?

MonsterJunkese
11-22-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm getting ACR In a couple of days so who ever has the game, Is there still lag and glitches and general bull**** like in ACB?

EnterinPwnZone
11-22-2011, 11:46 AM
YEAH! Lag all over the place! NPC's glitching, players glitching, map is glitching! Every thing is ****! So I recommend you just don't buy this game cuz I gave up and I'm not gonna touch MP ever AGAIN! It's so weird, the RDM and all that glitching stuff and lag, Ubisoft doesn't even care so PLEASE! Do not buy this game http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

persiateddy95
11-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Also, there are Courtesans that shoots people. Better not get this game.

xCr0wnedNorris
11-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Of course it isn't gone completely, but it is better than it was in Brotherhood. Granted they haven't released any DLC to break it yet...

Taekwonthis
11-22-2011, 12:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
Also, there are Courtesans that shoots people. Better not get this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My personal experience is there is not much lag at all. Less than I had in ACB though in both games I did not have alot. This one I can count on one hand the times I have noticed lag in my matches. Might be my internet compared with others though cannot say why some get it while some do not.

PlasticAssasin8
11-22-2011, 01:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Of course it isn't gone completely, but it is better than it was in Brotherhood. Granted they haven't released any DLC to break it yet... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa , hold up there. I saw on the menu screen today that there will be DLC 1 released 12 december i think ,
In the words of Dr Smith
"dooomed , we're all doomed"

sp33dd34m0n
11-22-2011, 01:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">they haven't released any DLC to break it yet... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They better announce a PATCH which fixes a bunch of bugs instead of announcing DLCs which will cause even more problems and make us pay more money for a broken game. And its really ****ing me off that there are feedback threads and no statements form UbiSoft and no changes. Just nothing. Its so annoying.

This awesome DLC will split the community yet again. And the best thing about it it: We will all support it and pay for that.

@Topic: Lag is till there but I prefer a bit of lag instead of waiting 30min for a session. for me matchmaking is fine and also when I try to play with my girlfriend we have no problems finding a game. So at least in this case I cant complain and see an improvement. But there are bunch of others who will tell you the opposite.

JTS_812
11-22-2011, 02:23 PM
I've seen a few little glitches, mainly in MH...lag is still definitely present, the biggest difference is there are more people playing right now so you'll be able to usually play against people your more compatible with. I will say though, down the road when less people are playing (not saying it doesn't happen every now and then now) I'm sure there will be matchmaking issues and you'll end up playing people that make your match a laggy hell lol.

A slightly different lag in frame rates dropping happens much to often though, it rarely happened in ACB.

Ripe Claw
11-22-2011, 02:48 PM
The lag is still just as bad as AC:B. It isn't as noticeable because there are lots of people playing right now so you will more than likely be put into a match with good pings. It is still just as bad as ever though under that guise.

Blaqk_Friday
11-22-2011, 03:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlasticAsasin8:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Of course it isn't gone completely, but it is better than it was in Brotherhood. Granted they haven't released any DLC to break it yet... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa , hold up there. I saw on the menu screen today that there will be DLC 1 released 12 december i think ,
In the words of Dr Smith
"dooomed , we're all doomed" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty sure the DLC is just 4 new MP characters, so surely that can't stuff anything up! :P

MonsterJunkese
11-22-2011, 04:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by persiateddy95:
Also, there are Courtesans that shoots people. Better not get this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll cancle the order then. lol

persiateddy95
11-22-2011, 05:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonsterJunkese:
Also, there are Courtesans that shoots people. Better not get this game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'll cancle the order then. lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good. Because it really isn't worth.

W-E-S-P
11-22-2011, 07:18 PM
No, the lag hasn't gone. I've experienced the worse lag Iíve ever had in either of the AC multiplayer. I normally just get on with it, but it's that bad tonight Iíve had to come off.

PryingTuna85649
11-22-2011, 10:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W-E-S-P:
No, the lag hasn't gone. I've experienced the worse lag Iíve ever had in either of the AC multiplayer. I normally just get on with it, but it's that bad tonight Iíve had to come off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just got the game (so in mind I've only had about 3 hours of play time), but the overall lag seems a bit better. I have, however, had my first truly invisible players tonight (I can't recall ever seeing that in ACB...only hearing about it). And in pretty much ever match I played, if I was in first and spawned with 2-3 pursuers (which was pretty much every time), I always spawned right next to one of them. Made it very difficult for me to get above a 3-4k score. Well, that and how all of the new personas blend in so freakin' well. It's like Ubisoft digitalized Buster's "neither seen nor heard" skills.

The game is pretty fun, though. Because there are new modes, I realized I would have to relearn a LOT. Or just learn a lot. Change up the approach. It'll keep you on your toes. I think between that and the SP (sorry, I belong to the "SP makes a game" crowd...this is the only multiplayer I've ever truly endlessly enjoyed) it will be worth buying.

AwkwardlyBruta
11-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Lag in brotherhood=Eh I understand how the game could of let me died in my smoke.

Lag in revelations=... and I'm about to kill my target.... *target teleports to other side of the map*, alright and now.... *target morphs into the floor, THEN teleports to other side of the map*.

SniffyPenguin
11-22-2011, 10:47 PM
It has no where to go. :'(

AVanguardLeads
11-22-2011, 11:20 PM
LOL no.

Stowdace
11-22-2011, 11:54 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
no...This was good for a laugh though

&gt;Use Charge. Gets stunned.
&gt;Press Kill, Target dodges, get hit by Pursuer aireal
&gt;Climb to avoid stun, get pulled to earth to get stunned

Just a few examples.

PryingTuna85649
11-23-2011, 08:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AwkwardlyBruta:
Lag in revelations=... and I'm about to kill my target.... *target teleports to other side of the map*, alright and now.... *target morphs into the floor, THEN teleports to other side of the map*. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I was getting a lot of this last night. I was actually pretty surprised at how much I saw this. But last night there was also "low activity" on a lot of the games I played (I'm assuming/hoping because of holidays? Though the game is still brand new, so I imagine more people will buy it after it's been out a little longer).

As frustrating as this is, I would still say the game is worth it. It's still loads of fun. If these problems aren't fixed, it may not have the longevity of ACB, but who knows. Time will tell. I do have to say the overall feel of the game is a lot smoother than ACB, which I REALLY like.

BigBalledEagle
11-23-2011, 09:55 AM
The lag is not gone, it just chooses to rear its head in different ways.

obliviondoll
11-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Working from videos, the lag isn't "better than it was in Brotherhood"

It's better than Brotherhood was BY THE END, but it's NOWHERE NEAR the as good as the game was pre-3.0

Not even close.

stinks8
11-23-2011, 10:24 AM
It's still out there, I like when my target has the X over there head, I press the button then I see smoke going off and I get stunned.

obliviondoll
11-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Added bonus: They un-stickied the official thread asking for player input on the lag issues from Brotherhood (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/5871016539).

Guess they don't want us to remember the past, or worry about how they never got around to fixing the last mistake they made.