PDA

View Full Version : WOUNDED & GIMP!!!

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 06:21 PM
HONESTLY BEING GIMPED SUCKS HUGE TITTIES. there should be atleast 2 levels of being gimped instead of 1. 1st level of gimp should only throw off your aim a bit but you are still able to walk and run at it's normal pace. 2nd level is where you limp and it throws off your aim. also..do people really die when you keep tagging them in the leg or arms? c'mon 50cent got shot multiple times in the leg and caught one in the face. he's still alive going around saying i'm a m*tha****in' P.I.M.P and tupac got shot(the first time) in the leg and in the balls. he lived after that with a missing nut.(maybe he did die mentally after that) but yea he lived after that. so don't you guys agree that a new patch should upgrade how RVS characters get wounded and die?

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 06:21 PM
HONESTLY BEING GIMPED SUCKS HUGE TITTIES. there should be atleast 2 levels of being gimped instead of 1. 1st level of gimp should only throw off your aim a bit but you are still able to walk and run at it's normal pace. 2nd level is where you limp and it throws off your aim. also..do people really die when you keep tagging them in the leg or arms? c'mon 50cent got shot multiple times in the leg and caught one in the face. he's still alive going around saying i'm a m*tha****in' P.I.M.P and tupac got shot(the first time) in the leg and in the balls. he lived after that with a missing nut.(maybe he did die mentally after that) but yea he lived after that. so don't you guys agree that a new patch should upgrade how RVS characters get wounded and die?

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 06:46 PM
First off, this isn't ghetto-shield. You want thuggin, go play kingpin. Two Its been a rogue spear staple, one hit (non-head) gimped, second finished(unless high-caliber ).

50 Cent is a girly man, and tupac got done cause he stomped the wrong guy. This is a game , we shoot: people gimp, or people die, there is no inbetween. you can always go get the BIG KEG-O-HEALTH in unreal tourney.

My ladder stats. (http://ladder.ubi.com/index.asp?gamename=RAVENSHIELD&ladderid=0&modeid=0&lan=en&FILTERCHANGE=1&SELECT_ALIAS=EXACT&INPUT_ALIAS=IDPA_Master&SELECT_COUNTRY=&SELECT_RATING=EQUAL&INPUT_RATING=&SELECT_KILL=EQUAL&INPUT_KILL=&SELECT_DEATH=EQUAL&INPUT_DEATH=&SELECT_COMBAT=EQUAL&INPUT_COMBAT=&x=41&y=10) Albeit not good.

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 06:47 PM
Actually in real life if u shoot a healthy adult human with a .22 cal pistol, it may take 20 shots or more to kill someone, although at the same time, it may take just a few. RvS is messed up because even if you get hit in the shoulder, u can still throw grenades with that arm, yet your oppossite leg will limp.....obviously the dev's were forced to rush the game and didnt have enough time to fix that aspect of the game. thx alot Ubi bean counters and executive bastards, like u know anything abou developing games.

"but from the looks of this forum, Valve makes Ubi look like a fan loving charity organization."

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 07:02 PM
FIDPA_Master says first off, this isn't ghetto-shield. You want thuggin, go play kingpin. Two Its been a rogue spear staple, one hit (non-head) gimped, second finished(unless high-caliber ).
50 Cent is a girly man, and tupac got done cause he stomped the wrong guy. This is a game , we shoot: people gimp, or people die, there is no inbetween. you can always go get the BIG KEG-O-HEALTH in unreal tourney.

hey suburban kidd nobody said anything about thug-shield. i was using an example. an example that people are familiar with. obviously you are familiar with my examples. what should i have used, "oh a white male was shot 100 times in the finger and lived?" stop hating you punk @ss kid. grow some balls for when a real thug hits you up. and yes talk your ish on-line in the forums knowing that you're safe in mommy and daddy's house. keep talking ish and remember it when you do get a good @ss whoopin'. which mommy and daddy should have done to you.

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 07:08 PM
give it a rest guys! these posts are so old and so annoying. quit junking the forums up with these crazy flames. you guys make me wonder sometimes

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 07:21 PM
How much more difficult would it have been to make a more in depth damage model? Im no programmer, so i have no idea how much would go into it. I have no problem with how the game is now, but it would be nice if "on non lethal shots" your level of injury was related to the area you were hit.

hit in leg....gimped but still have good aim.
hit in arm....aim is crap but can still run
hit in torso with body armor.....knock wind out of ya for a few minutes. "depending on level of impact"

theres an idea for the next one ubi.

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 08:13 PM
swift, the problem isnt your examples OR your idea

its how you SAY it

start off a post with it "SUCKS HUGE TITTYS" and then start quoting (basically correct) facts about rap stars and yeah people are going to have a reaction

for every example you can bring up about someone getting hit and living, I can give you 5 more about shots that they SHOULD have lived thru & didnt...I'm an ex-USAF security cop, I've seen it happen r/l and it SUCKS

r/l examples dont carry much weight here because this isnt real life....its a GAME

so I guess the arguement about posting from the safety of the net goes both ways...go grab a decaf & try to calm man

as for the idea? yeah it sounds nice BUT....why give UBI a few thousand more lines of code to screw up? They cause enough trouble now

http://members.cox.net/battleratt/GrimJack.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 08:20 PM
swift2fly8 wrote:
- FIDPA_Master says first off, this isn't
- ghetto-shield. You want thuggin, go play kingpin.
- Two Its been a rogue spear staple, one hit
- (non-head) gimped, second finished(unless
- high-caliber ).
- 50 Cent is a girly man, and tupac got done cause he
- stomped the wrong guy. This is a game , we shoot:
- people gimp, or people die, there is no inbetween.
- you can always go get the BIG KEG-O-HEALTH in unreal
- tourney.
-
- hey suburban kidd nobody said anything about
- thug-shield. i was using an example. an example that
- people are familiar with. obviously you are familiar
- with my examples. what should i have used, "oh a
- white male was shot 100 times in the finger and
- lived?" stop hating you punk @ss kid. grow some
- balls for when a real thug hits you up. and yes talk
- your ish on-line in the forums knowing that you're
- safe in mommy and daddy's house. keep talking ish
- and remember it when you do get a good @ss whoopin'.
- which mommy and daddy should have done to you.
-
First off Goof, How much time you done? Thats right none. Cause you are probably a RAT NARC. Two, Know who you talkin to, b4 you talk. This is not a kid, this is not a joke. I dont Phuck around. Step up , or shut up. I would feed you the pistons till your head was hamburger. Bar none you silly little feeble white-boy gone wrong. You couldnt do a damn thing. I would HIT you with so many rights , you would beg for a left.

My ladder stats. (http://ladder.ubi.com/index.asp?gamename=RAVENSHIELD&ladderid=0&modeid=0&lan=en&FILTERCHANGE=1&SELECT_ALIAS=EXACT&INPUT_ALIAS=IDPA_Master&SELECT_COUNTRY=&SELECT_RATING=EQUAL&INPUT_RATING=&SELECT_KILL=EQUAL&INPUT_KILL=&SELECT_DEATH=EQUAL&INPUT_DEATH=&SELECT_COMBAT=EQUAL&INPUT_COMBAT=&x=41&y=10) Albeit not good.

Message Edited on 10/10/0309:14PM by IDPA_Master

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 09:13 PM
To the "thug" guy:

Shutup.

Obviously none of us would walk up to a gangster or something and talk bad about them, because theyre really screwed up and would beat the crap out of you. Maybe even kill you if theyre the really weird ones. But the thing is, one bullet to them and theyre down, no matter how "tough" they are. Big whooptiy doo, its people like you who make these guys feel like they can beat up anyone, cause you go around bragging about them. Theyre still human, and are still mortal. They just talk a lot of crap to scare you.

http://www.frailart.net/members/jackathan/JackathanSig2.jpg

</img>

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 09:23 PM
The difference between a real thug, and a WANNA-G, while a wanna-g is talking Chit about phucking you up, the real ones are busting your skull. Then going and eating breakfast, cause you made them get up early.

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 12:34 AM
shut up you fruit cake

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 12:48 AM
the point of the game is not to worry about where u were hit exactly. I could see haveing a really accurate damage model if there was only one round in a match, but there is often 10+ so if u get gimped/die just suck it up and do better on the next round.

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 12:52 AM
Look dudes like mr.brownstane said stop arguing on the forums this is a bloody game and u lot are arguing over gangstas and chit. And seeing hows this is a forum no one can hurt any one so shut the phuck up u morons its over the internet its virtual all this phucking arguing is a waste of time.

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 01:06 AM
ROFLMAO!!!!!! This has got to be one of the funniest forums I've read! LMAO!!!!!

MY SPIDER SENSES ARE TINGLING BATMAN!

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 02:56 AM
HAHAAHAH LOL@swift2fly8

50 cent and tupac gangsters?! HAHAAH never heard something so funny and absurd.they are just entertainers, no different then a dancing clown in a circus. A REAL gangster is someone like John Gotti was. They actually had inside guys in the FBI and ran money laundering, fake business fronts, rackateering, kidnapping, international arms and narcotic deals, and the list goes on. Also, are u so weak physically that u brag about "toughness" of some looser like 50 cents instead of going around bragging about urself? I will die b4 I yield to someone the way u yield and bow down to a phag like 50 cent. LMAO u r so pathetic its sad. u probably have his posters 'n s/-/it in your room and donated your money to him to buy his CD's so he can tel u how much better he is than u HAHAAHAH /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

"but from the looks of this forum, Valve makes Ubi look like a fan loving charity organization."

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 03:47 AM
swift2fly8 wrote:
- HONESTLY BEING GIMPED SUCKS HUGE TITTIES.

Isn't sucking on huge titties a good thing?

swift2fly8 wrote:
- hey suburban kidd nobody said anything about
- thug-shield. i was using an example. an example that
- people are familiar with. obviously you are familiar
- with my examples. what should i have used, "oh a
- white male was shot 100 times in the finger and
- lived?" stop hating you punk @ss kid. grow some
- balls for when a real thug hits you up. and yes talk
- your ish on-line in the forums knowing that you're
- safe in mommy and daddy's house. keep talking ish
- and remember it when you do get a good @ss whoopin'.
- which mommy and daddy should have done to you.

Does anyone else hate 'hard core internet thugs' like swift2fly8 as much as I do? We all know you are some skinny white kid with horrible acne living in the suburds, stop trying to act like you come from 'tha hood'. Geek.

Message Edited on 10/11/0302:51AM by TroyBayliss

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 04:24 AM
Hey I think he's just giving an example of 50 cent coz he's famous and every1 knows him - not because he endorses gangsta's in any way.

Regardless I do think it's kinda lame that you die with 2 taps to the leg. With virtually any gun (providing the netcode isn't screwin' around). I wanna see some variation (i.e. wow m16 kills in 1 chest shot! And Gaili takes a few more! And mp5 takes 4-5! etc.). Also I think it's kinda weird that in MP everyone is unarmored. Doesn't make much sense. BTW what's with the sniper rifle damage? M82a1 doesn't kill sometimes with one hit. Something's seriously wrong there.

<The same thing I would say to my future girlfriend>

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 05:16 AM
Actually the barret M82A1 should not only kill in one hit, but in real life it decapitates human targets and literally blows them to pieces (depending where it hits), so yes I agree, it is weird that in RvS it only wounds people lol

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 06:42 AM
I think we should see more animated gore. I want real as real can get with flying body parts! When I get a headshot I want see a head shoot off! Maybe it would have been better if they took the actual UT game and just modified it with RvS skins and maps.

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 08:47 AM
rotflmao!!!

nothing like a pair of little g-dog wannabees dribbling *edit*. whoa dont bussa cap now .... word.

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 06:20 PM
shards_of_alt wrote:
- Regardless I do think it's kinda lame that you die
- with 2 taps to the leg.

I don't like that either, but you have to think... this is supposed to be semi-realistic, and after 2 shots to the leg you wouldn't continue on in battle.

In multiplayer you "die" from two shots to the leg, but in single player it shows you as "incapacitated" after the mission ends. That means that you really didn't die, it just means that you got shot and couldn't continue on.

No one here could continue fighting after getting shot twice in the leg, so why should we be able to do that in game? This isn't Quake for christs sake.

Would you rather crawl around on the ground after you get shot twice in the leg? If that were the case, they might as well make you die from it because you need your arms to crawl which means you can't aim at people and shoot at them...so after getting shot twice in the leg, if theoretically you could crawl in game after that point, you'd just be a sitting duck. It'd be pointless to make the game that way.

In this one, ONE instance, the game developers chose the correct path and chose the best possible solution. I can't say the same for other situations....

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 08:33 PM
same arguement came up in Battlefield 1942

"OMG 3 'nades cant kill a tank!!!!!!!"

no, they cant (they CAN do more damage than you think they can), but they can NOT make a tank explode

what they CAN do is knock a tread off...disabling the tank, and since the game engine cant simulate this correctly? The tank dies

same thing here......ok, you DONT die from 2 shots to the leg....but you are shocky & weak from loss of blood...ineffective as a field operative....since the game cant correctly simulate this? You die.

its NOT rocket science here

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 06:44 AM
STINGER_LRSD_SO wrote:
- How much more difficult would it have been to make a
- more in depth damage model? Im no programmer, so i
- have no idea how much would go into it. I have no
- problem with how the game is now, but it would be
- nice if "on non lethal shots" your level of injury
- was related to the area you were hit.
-
- hit in leg....gimped but still have good aim.
- hit in arm....aim is crap but can still run
- hit in torso with body armor.....knock wind out of
- ya for a few minutes. "depending on level of impact"
-
-
- theres an idea for the next one ubi.
-

Well said STINGER_LRSD_SO. I personally agree with you. Also, if the weapon you are holding (or the one strapped to your back/thigh) is hit, it should be damaged and have an increased likelyhood of jamming and/or not firing at all. This would further encourage the use of more compact weapons in certain situations, as they would be harder to hit.

To all the thugs, rappers, ghetto-children, pimps, gangsters, and all other uneducated speakers of ebonics, please remove your fingers from the keyboard and insert them into your anus. Everyone else, especially those with good ideas such as STINGER's, please remove your fingers from your anuses and get to typing them up constructively.

-----

Brian | fli7e
"War doesn't determine who is right... only who is left."

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 06:45 AM
thanks for clearing up the confusion grimjack.

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 07:02 AM
TroyBayliss wrote:
-
- shards_of_alt wrote:
-- Regardless I do think it's kinda lame that you die
-- with 2 taps to the leg.
-
-
- I don't like that either, but you have to think...
- this is supposed to be semi-realistic, and after 2
- shots to the leg you wouldn't continue on in battle.
-
- In multiplayer you "die" from two shots to the leg,
- but in single player it shows you as "incapacitated"
- after the mission ends. That means that you really
- didn't die, it just means that you got shot and
- couldn't continue on.
-
- No one here could continue fighting after getting
- shot twice in the leg, so why should we be able to
- do that in game? This isn't Quake for christs sake.
-
-
-
- Would you rather crawl around on the ground after
- you get shot twice in the leg? If that were the
- case, they might as well make you die from it
- because you need your arms to crawl which means you
- can't aim at people and shoot at them...so after
- getting shot twice in the leg, if theoretically you
- could crawl in game after that point, you'd just be
- a sitting duck. It'd be pointless to make the game
- that way.
-
- In this one, ONE instance, the game developers chose
- the correct path and chose the best possible
- solution. I can't say the same for other
- situations....
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

They coulda made the guy fall on the floor and unable to move. And then the attacker can tap his/her chest and put him/her out of misery. Simple as that!

<The same thing I would say to my future girlfriend>

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 08:56 AM
...which would probably put the game on the index in some countries.

http://home.t-online.de/home/Aries73/sumofallfears.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 02:48 AM
shards_of_alt wrote:
- They coulda made the guy fall on the floor and
- unable to move. And then the attacker can tap
- his/her chest and put him/her out of misery. Simple
- as that!
-

And then you'd have people b*tching about how someone shot them, and then the shooter got killed which left them stranded in the middle of the floor for the rest of the round and how much they hate the fact that Ubi made the game this way.

In my opinion, Ubi chose the best possible way to approach the situation. Its not totally realistic, but you WOULD be knocked out of action by taking two shots to the leg, so in effect thats what they did (since you can't have "incapacitated" status in MP).

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 03:16 AM
i agree rap music is horrible and they have no talent

http://www.abstraktsystem.com/ravenshield/wonderboy-sig-1.jpg

I can kill yaks from 200 yards away...WITH MIND BULLETS!!!

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 04:58 AM
Captain_Crunchy wrote:
- i agree rap music is horrible and they have no
- talent

I'm not a fan of rap, but you try coming up with rhymes that last several minutes long. I can't do it, and I doubt you could either. So they do have talent, its just not talent that you appreciate and are drawn to.

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 05:22 AM
people really do like to ridicule and hate on these forums, knowing they are safe at home. anyways keep clownin' i enjoy reading them it amuses me. anyways, for all those making a big deal with the subject that i posted up. all i was saying was that ubi should have added one more level of gimp. that's it. one shot one kill is fine. but being gimp sucks..i know you guys feel me on that. so why not an extra level of gimp,for example:

if you get shot and don't die. you are still able to run but have horrible aim. and if you get shot again you can die(depending on the gun) or you get another level of gimp, where you walk slow with bad aim. that's it. this way you can play longer and wait less between rounds. not unless you suck big balls.

i didn't ask for it to be really really really realistic. but for future games when technology allows programmers to create games to pretty much mock the real world then yeah..make it it as real as possible.

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 06:12 AM
swift2fly8 wrote:
- another level of gimp, where you walk slow with bad
- aim. that's it. this way you can play longer and
- wait less between rounds.

yep, thats the basis of most of these ideas......"instant gratification"

personally....having to wait & watching/learning from my teammates doesnt bother me much...or just talking while they play it out

but then thats why most of the objective style games never get much play....to many ppl want to play NOW and cant wait a max of 4-5 mins for the next round

tell me....do you tell ppl to suicide so the round will be over faster & you can play again too?