PDA

View Full Version : Someone Using my CD-Key (WTF)

blackfuse1
08-17-2006, 12:03 AM
Ok i just bought this game like a week ago and installed it today. I played single player for like 15 minutes, then i wanted to play online so I signed up on Ubi. I entered my Cd-key and i joined a game. I played for about 30 seconds and they i got kicked and it asked my to re-enter my cd-key, i did and it said its already in use...

blackfuse1
08-17-2006, 12:03 AM
Ok i just bought this game like a week ago and installed it today. I played single player for like 15 minutes, then i wanted to play online so I signed up on Ubi. I entered my Cd-key and i joined a game. I played for about 30 seconds and they i got kicked and it asked my to re-enter my cd-key, i did and it said its already in use...

epsilon72
08-17-2006, 12:47 AM
I haven't played multiplayer, but I think I read somewhere that your key is in use because the server that kicked you retains your cd-key for a few minutes.

You should read the pinned topic about cd keys being in use before posting any questions, you might be able to find answers there.

If you bought your game sealed/new from retail it's highly unlikely that somebody would have your cd key.

fabulouscoops
08-17-2006, 02:16 PM
What he said. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif