PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone actually lost weight??

LiLoneizme
01-22-2010, 09:24 AM
I just bought this game and I've already done 10 workouts. I've lost 5lbs so far and I was just curious if anyone else has lost any?? I don't know if its just because I got off the couch or if this game has some real potential in weight loss.. Please help me out... Lemme hear about your loss!

LiLoneizme
01-22-2010, 09:24 AM
I just bought this game and I've already done 10 workouts. I've lost 5lbs so far and I was just curious if anyone else has lost any?? I don't know if its just because I got off the couch or if this game has some real potential in weight loss.. Please help me out... Lemme hear about your loss!

Gypsy816
01-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Welcome to the forums! I'm glad to hear it's working for you! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I'm on week 2 but I don't have a scale in my house so I wish I could share something.

sltoye
01-22-2010, 04:11 PM
I was doing it for 4 weeks, and I lost nothing. That could just be the way I am, since it's hard for me to lose weight. I did feel more definition and muscle even without losing any weight.

judo_lover
01-22-2010, 06:14 PM
i have lost 12 lbs. i love it.

agilitymal
01-22-2010, 08:01 PM
I lost 7 pounds in my first two weeks. I took my measurements at the beginning, so I'm excited to take them again after a month to see what has changed. I fit into a pair of pants I haven't been able to wear for at least 4 months. But I also modified my eating.

Aimee77
01-27-2010, 11:32 PM
I started 3 days ago and I am VERY VERY sore and out of shape!!! I am going to keep working it...

LiLoneizme
02-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks everyone! I actually threw my back out the other day while doing a jumping jack on the game(it doesn't really have a good warm up in the beginning and I think I was just a little too into it haha) but now I'm going to start back at it and with seeing everyone else is losing weight I'm definatly more motivated to get started again! Thanks again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

carmelcamel
02-11-2010, 08:15 AM
I have gained two pounds and my BMI has gone up!!!! I have been doing this workout since Dec., and I have been dieting. I am very frustrated and am ready to just chuck it all!

miss.whit22
02-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Hello! I've been doing this since the middle of January and I haven't lost any weight. I haven't really changed the way I eat though, I do think I don't eat as much, but that's how I've always been when I am active. I've actually gained some weight but I do think it might be muscle because I noticed my legs are becoming more muscular and I can feel more muscle in my abs. I really just think it all depends on the person.

Gypsy816
02-16-2010, 05:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by carmelcamel:
I have gained two pounds and my BMI has gone up!!!! I have been doing this workout since Dec., and I have been dieting. I am very frustrated and am ready to just chuck it all! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gaining muscle could be what's happening? I know when I start working out and the scale goes up the nutritionist I speak with occasionally says it's due to muscle gain, not fat gain.

xofolieadeux
02-21-2010, 04:53 PM
I got Your Shape for Christmas and I've been doing it ever since. I've lost around 18 pounds so far. When I began I wasn't concerned with losing any weight and I rarely look at the scale. Instead I see Your Shape as more of a challenge to see if I can get my percentage higher each time. I think looking at it as just a GAME instead of exercise has helped me stay with it.

shana_lee
02-22-2010, 12:04 PM
I am now on day 7, and I have already had to add another notch to my belt and I have lost 3 lbs! So far, love it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

swansong08
02-23-2010, 01:17 PM
I have had a HARD time losing weight in the past year PLUS I'm in baking school. This is the first workout that I've lost on in that time...4 lbs the first week! Very exciting!

Gypsy816
02-25-2010, 07:38 PM
EXCELLENT! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

ADITL1979
04-08-2010, 12:06 PM
I have lost ten pounds since starting the program the third week of March; I have also adjusted my diet, but I find the program a very convenient method of getting in exercise.

soleilangela
04-18-2010, 07:50 AM
It think we can't really depend on counting pounds since with this game we build muscle and muscle is heavier then fat. This is why I don't weigh myself, but my bodily changes are obvious and my clothing fits more loosely.

I started the game about 6 weeks ago and it took a while before starting to see a difference in my tummy area, which I wanted to loose the most.

I found that once I started following Jenny's recommendations instead of choosing my own, the results were ''much quicker'' .. so it's really worth doing what she says even though it's not what you are aiming for.

I had 2 kids and was stuck with my pregnant looking belly for years, at least now I don't look pregnant LOL and people are noticing my weight loss.

I'm continuing with the program as I've never been able to loose so much weight in the right places so quickly.

I think it was just because my muscles needed work in that area.

Also, the more muscle we have, the more calories we burn when eating !

I'm really happy to have found this game because going to the gym every day would be much more expensive and time consuming.

Let's go girls !

soleilangela
04-18-2010, 07:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by carmelcamel:
I have gained two pounds and my BMI has gone up!!!! I have been doing this workout since Dec., and I have been dieting. I am very frustrated and am ready to just chuck it all! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must have gained muscle, which is really good.

Exercise won't make you fatter, that's for sure http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

soleilangela
04-18-2010, 07:59 AM
I forgot to say .. too burn fat, it's necessary to do at least 30-40 minutes of cardio on a regular basis, everyday if possible, but this might be to much for a beginner. Once you are ready, go for it !