PDA

View Full Version : realistic sinking time option?

jmmoric
04-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Was doing a mission the other day and sunk a carrier using four Mk 10 torps.

Found it odd that the ship went down right away, in ten seconds.

Okay, I thought I missed to check the "realistic sinking time" in the gameplay-options.

But now I've looked a few times, and eventhough the manual mentiones it, I can't seem to find that box? Where is it??

It's 1.2 by the way.

Oh, and I've done a search, couldn't find anything.

rgds

jmmoric
04-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Was doing a mission the other day and sunk a carrier using four Mk 10 torps.

Found it odd that the ship went down right away, in ten seconds.

Okay, I thought I missed to check the "realistic sinking time" in the gameplay-options.

But now I've looked a few times, and eventhough the manual mentiones it, I can't seem to find that box? Where is it??

It's 1.2 by the way.

Oh, and I've done a search, couldn't find anything.

rgds

Bextu
04-28-2007, 07:59 PM
I totally agree with tihs. I mentioned this on a 1.3 patch wishlist thread I started a few weeks ago.
A Yamato class battleship going down in a matter of seconds is so arcade like in nature.

gutterrat13
04-28-2007, 08:23 PM
I like that idea alot! Didn't SH2 have that as an option? Maybe I'm imagining things it's been a while since I played that game.

jmmoric
04-28-2007, 08:47 PM
I see, the option doesn't exist?

According to the manual, it should be there...

rgds

bf2player2006
04-28-2007, 08:50 PM
i thought i saw it..... maybe it was i was playing too much SHIII

onomatopeia
04-28-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm almost positive there was a realistic sinking time option in 1.0 or 1.1 - but I have been having a lot of SHIV dreams lately http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JAR_III
04-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Its in the game play options. Not in the options durring play. Look at options in the main menu.

trooperxp
04-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Weird, I'm sure I saw this option in the stock SH4 game...maybe I was seeing things but I'm 99% certain it was there as the realism settings were one of my first places to visit after installation

B_O_L_T
04-29-2007, 10:00 AM
With respect to the time it can take a ship to sink, that same ship could take over an hour to sink with the same torps. It all depends on how the damage is distributed on the vessel, this was also the case IRL some ships could take an age to dissapear while others in the same class would sink within a minute or two. Cargo ships in particular will vary as the game does have a randomizer concerning cargo load outs, some ships will be empty and take longer to sink while fully laden vessels will sink far quicker.

Personally I like the variety, I would find it less enjoyable if all ships took the same time to sink regardless of damage.

jmmoric
04-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Yes, I seem to recall the option being available in 1.0 as well.

But it seems dissapeared in 1.2. Wonder why noone mentioned this before??

rgds