PDA

View Full Version : Subverted Mission bug - Police Chief and Polytechnic Teacher

agenour
06-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Hey there,

I'm trying to complete the subverted buddy versions of these two missions. Everything goes well until I'm supposed to intimidate the target; the Police Chief for the ledgers, and the teacher to radio the false coordinates. When I approach these two characters after clearing out the surrounding area, they just stay in the room, immobile, and there is no interaction possibility no matter what angle I approach them from. The only reaction I can get is to shoot them; then they "wake up" and shoot back, and I have to kill them, thus decreasing my Buddy History and ending the subverted version of the mission.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a way around it?

I've tried just reloading from an earlier game, as well as doing the missions at different times of the game-day. It doesn't matter, I always get the immobile characters.

P.S. The teacher does deliver his "[name1], [name2], you still out there, don't leave me here alone" speech (paraphrased) before I enter the room. Also, in a similar mission, with the radio announcer, the threatening/interaction works as intended. This is the PC version (DVD).

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

agenour
06-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Hey there,

I'm trying to complete the subverted buddy versions of these two missions. Everything goes well until I'm supposed to intimidate the target; the Police Chief for the ledgers, and the teacher to radio the false coordinates. When I approach these two characters after clearing out the surrounding area, they just stay in the room, immobile, and there is no interaction possibility no matter what angle I approach them from. The only reaction I can get is to shoot them; then they "wake up" and shoot back, and I have to kill them, thus decreasing my Buddy History and ending the subverted version of the mission.

Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a way around it?

I've tried just reloading from an earlier game, as well as doing the missions at different times of the game-day. It doesn't matter, I always get the immobile characters.

P.S. The teacher does deliver his "[name1], [name2], you still out there, don't leave me here alone" speech (paraphrased) before I enter the room. Also, in a similar mission, with the radio announcer, the threatening/interaction works as intended. This is the PC version (DVD).

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

lavery
06-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Just to verify, because of your wording about intimidating the police chief, are you first going to the police chief's brother in the fishing village in the north center map grid as marked by the blue buddy mission reticle and intimidating the chief's brother for the ledger and then proceeding to whack the police chief?

Also for Seth Uniya who teaches the making of bombs at the Polytech, are you going up to Sepoko(sp?) in the north eastern most map grid to pick up the cell phone tower maps first?

If you are doing those things first and it's still fouling up then you've got a real conflict between design and function. If all else fails try a restart possibly with a different character to see if you can get past these sticking points.

I know that if you come in from the north and don't get the professor calling out the names, that can cause a snag and lock up any chance of mission completion. I've had that happen.

And as for waking up and shooting back? That's just weird.

Good luck getting this sorted out.

Ricamundo
06-23-2009, 03:50 AM
What is supposed to happen, is an animation where you put your machete to the guy's throat to "convince' him to read a message.

This always worked without a problem thru 4 playthru's with 4 different characters, but after the game updated to v1.03 this sequence stopped working for me.

When i got to this point with the radio DJ, nothing happened, in fact i had to alt/tab to DT and close/reopen FC2 in order to continue.(after having to kill the guy and forgo my safehouse upgrade that is).

This is the first bug i have come across in 5 total playthru's, and im pretty sure it's the patch. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Black_Widow9
06-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Is anyone else experiencing this also? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

agenour
06-25-2009, 02:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lavery:
Just to verify, because of your wording about intimidating the police chief, are you first going to the police chief's brother in the fishing village in the north center map grid as marked by the blue buddy mission reticle and intimidating the chief's brother for the ledger and then proceeding to whack the police chief?

Also for Seth Uniya who teaches the making of bombs at the Polytech, are you going up to Sepoko(sp?) in the north eastern most map grid to pick up the cell phone tower maps first?

If you are doing those things first and it's still fouling up then you've got a real conflict between design and function. If all else fails try a restart possibly with a different character to see if you can get past these sticking points.

I know that if you come in from the north and don't get the professor calling out the names, that can cause a snag and lock up any chance of mission completion. I've had that happen.

And as for waking up and shooting back? That's just weird.

Good luck getting this sorted out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First, sorry for the late response*

Yep, I'm doing both those things - it's the brother I'm trying to intimidate (to correct/clarify), and yes I got the map-coordinates before confronting Uniya at the Polytechnic.

I'm sorry to say that I didn't find a solution to this problem and just had to come back to the game with a "screw it" attitude and kill the two NPC's I was meant to intimidate.

I've since finished the game, though I almost put it down - twice, at those moments. Maybe I'll replay at some point, who knows. At least I know I wasn't alone in the buggyness http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the feedback!

*I got a very unhelpful reply back in the first few hours of posting, which sort of made me check this forum less. But! That post has been apparently reported and deleted, and you all seem nice - a reminder that one asshat on the Internet shouldn't be allowed to brand a whole forum :P Sorry for doubting! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ricamundo
06-26-2009, 04:07 AM
@ Black Widow, yes there are others that have mentioned the same problem. FYI, my game updated to v1.03 while i was mid way thru so i just continuted on. I have the DLC already installed, and im playing on XP(sp2)with an nVidia 9800GTX.

@! Agenour, unfortunately this forum seems to attract more than a few immature trolls, who like to flame guys who actually like the game. For a guaranteed flame free FC2 forum, plz check out http://openworldgames.org/

Black_Widow9
06-26-2009, 01:37 PM
I would really encourage you guys to put a ticket into Ubi Support. The more of you that do it the better. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif I will pass this along myself also.

kolan1
06-26-2009, 02:30 PM
I have exaclty the same problem, but when I put a machete to the guy's throat to "convince' him to read a message game shows an animation when I fall down then stand up and fall again like having no medicine. The sun shines in the background and some graphics crash.
When I kill this guy game goes furhter but it decreases my Buddy History and ends the mission.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

agenour
06-26-2009, 06:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
I would really encourage you guys to put a ticket into Ubi Support. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

It's very convenient that it's the same login as here, way cool. Makes the process so much easier.

asianastroboy
07-15-2009, 03:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
Is anyone else experiencing this also? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi,

Yes I am having exactly the same problem trying to intimidate Seth Uniya on the xbox360.

The 'Y hand' icon appears,
I press Y
My machete dissapears
Seth just bobs about in a fairly static animation and I can't move or kill him

I've loaded up from the last save point and replayed up but I've had the same problem.

As far as I know I have the latest updates and I haven't bought any DLC.

I've also encountered two examples where my character has gotten stuck in the environment that needed a restart:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> When exchanging passports my character drifter to the side of the hut room and got stuck in the small room behind the receiving NPC who wouldn't move.
<LI> An exploded wooden staircase left me trapped. [/list]

I'm really disappointed in this game for being released so buggy and wasting so much of my time restarting it. This is the only game I've played that has needed me to restart a console because of a bug.

What are Ubisoft doing about these appalling issues?
Are fixes being planned for this and when?

CptLong
07-15-2009, 06:09 AM
I had no problem with it. I still haven't encountered any bugs, save the one where you suddenly spin around. Its very disorienting, especially when a gun truck is chasing you.

Ricamundo
07-16-2009, 04:41 AM
After experiencing the missing machete bug during my last playthru, when the game auto-updated part way thru, i started a new game(#6) the other day.

On a fresh playthru, the machete animation worked fine, so im guessing the patch really only works properly when installed before you start a new story.

talraven
07-18-2009, 12:28 PM
I ran into this trouble on my version of the game that is a digital download.

Here's what worked for me:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>Draw your machete. <LI>Enter the room with the professor and interact with him using the hand icon. <LI>Leave the room and wait for him to say "That's it." <LI>Kill him and wait for a call from Marty. [/list]

YMMV. Hope this is helpful.

oded1st
02-02-2011, 09:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kolan1:
I have exaclty the same problem, but when I put a machete to the guy's throat to "convince' him to read a message game shows an animation when I fall down then stand up and fall again like having no medicine. The sun shines in the background and some graphics crash.
When I kill this guy game goes furhter but it decreases my Buddy History and ends the mission.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_RED">I HAVE THE SAME THING!!!</span> I HAVE THE SAME THING!!!
2 Years Ago When I Played It With No Patches The Game RAN Fantastic
Today 2 Years After With Pathes 1.1-1.3 Im Having This SICK FALLDOWN OF MY CHAR!
IM GUESSING ITS A PATCH ISUE!
<span class="ev_code_RED">IM GUESSING ITS A PATCH ISUE!</span>

roccorules
02-02-2011, 10:47 AM
http://www.nrcnext.nl/files/2010/10/CapsLock.jpg