PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Statues in Lower Level of Catecombs

draedynroah
12-27-2004, 10:54 PM
I am to the point where you get an item from the sarcophagus, and then place an item in the bowl. At the point I am at, I kill 3 wraiths, and then a Dwarven Statue comes to life...I cannot attack it except for with spells ( Jarlial disintegrated it 4 times successfully) but it keeps you locked in combat...and he keeps pounding on me...

Help!!!!

draedynroah
12-27-2004, 10:54 PM
I am to the point where you get an item from the sarcophagus, and then place an item in the bowl. At the point I am at, I kill 3 wraiths, and then a Dwarven Statue comes to life...I cannot attack it except for with spells ( Jarlial disintegrated it 4 times successfully) but it keeps you locked in combat...and he keeps pounding on me...

Help!!!!

Gilderon
12-28-2004, 11:30 PM
It's funny. I encountered this problem a couple games ago and just wrote it off. The second attempt I made sure to save right before the third time and trying different things (like taking nothing and only giving the objects). Same result. I just found this forum yesterday and thougt to write about this today and voila! Looks like psionics to me.
Anyway, I've never found a way to prevent the last golems from activating. Is this another glitch? Is there no way to get the treasure from the booby-trappen Dwarven tombs or at least a way to defeat the golem after it activates?
Those are some sweet weapons. It would be nice to get ahold of them all and make it to the last room too.

Rozand
12-30-2004, 11:32 PM
I got the answer for you. Those golems are inadvertently triggered by area effects such as spells or turn undead. Here is what you must do to not trigger them; delay all you actions and let the undead come to you. That works so they are not close to the statues so they do not join the fight.

draedynroah
12-31-2004, 09:35 AM
Thank you Rozand....that makes sense..

Rozand
01-04-2005, 12:07 AM
You're welcome. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I am glad that I was able to help you out.