PDA

View Full Version : Alliance Mode Dead?

Stowdace
06-24-2011, 02:58 PM
First I'd like to say I play on Xbox so won't know how it is on PS3, but it seems to me this mode has either died or been murdered. Haven't played this mode for months and had the idea of "If I turned off all DLC, would it be faster to get a match?" Sure enough, it did. But, sadly, it seems the mode was murdered afterall. Namely by the punk stun-lockers. And to reiterate, it was Alliance so no "Y" respawn option. And so you know I don't let myself get stunned it's just sad to see my partner get punched in the face by 10-year-olds who win in the end for stunning alone. Please tell me this is going to be cleaned up in Revelations.

Stowdace
06-24-2011, 02:58 PM
First I'd like to say I play on Xbox so won't know how it is on PS3, but it seems to me this mode has either died or been murdered. Haven't played this mode for months and had the idea of "If I turned off all DLC, would it be faster to get a match?" Sure enough, it did. But, sadly, it seems the mode was murdered afterall. Namely by the punk stun-lockers. And to reiterate, it was Alliance so no "Y" respawn option. And so you know I don't let myself get stunned it's just sad to see my partner get punched in the face by 10-year-olds who win in the end for stunning alone. Please tell me this is going to be cleaned up in Revelations.

ANTRON77
06-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Awwww cry me a river. Somebody call the Whambulance. He doesnt know how to break up a stunlock. How about this, you learn how to play the game. Its a team game. Where is your partner? He is supposed to be there to have your back. FACT in order to score big in alliance you need to stun lock. I do it all the time. I have it done to me all the time. But you know what my teammate comes in and cleans the targets up and we go back to our business of stunlocking our persuers. Alliance is my favorite game mode and this is part of the reason why. Good day

thergbcolor
06-24-2011, 03:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ANTRON77:
Awwww cry me a river. Somebody call the Whambulance. He doesnt know how to break up a stunlock. How about this, you learn how to play the game. Its a team game. Where is your partner? He is supposed to be there to have your back. FACT in order to score big in alliance you need to stun lock. I do it all the time. I have it done to me all the time. But you know what my teammate comes in and cleans the targets up and we go back to our business of stunlocking our persuers. Alliance is my favorite game mode and this is part of the reason why. Good day </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP, I think what he meant to say was that he plays Alliance all the time and doesn't have a problem getting a match. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Stowdace
06-24-2011, 03:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ANTRON77:
FACT in order to score big in alliance you need to stun lock. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And nobody sees a problem with this? And I actually do make First Place on the individual scoreboard so I'm pretty sure I know how to play and what I'm doing.

IIwangcarsII
06-24-2011, 04:03 PM
I hate getting stun locked but I love stun locking. But I haven't even played alliance since last year because either I cant find a match or I dont feel like playing it. Speaking of which, I could do with a game soon actually.

daddychinn
06-24-2011, 04:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And nobody sees a problem with this? And I actually do make First Place on the individual scoreboard so I'm pretty sure I know how to play and what I'm doing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
He didn't say you have stun lock to win, he said to have BIG games. Meaning 20k+ games. And don't say u get 20k games without it, cause I won't believe it. But to answer ur question, I normally find games from 10am-2pm est with no problems. I am on ps3 tho so can't vouch for xbox. If no dlc doesn't work, try dlc2.

lynx_1985
06-24-2011, 04:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thergbcolor:
Awwww cry me a river. Somebody call the Whambulance. He doesnt know how to break up a stunlock. How about this, you learn how to play the game. Its a team game. Where is your partner? He is supposed to be there to have your back. FACT in order to score big in alliance you need to stun lock. I do it all the time. I have it done to me all the time. But you know what my teammate comes in and cleans the targets up and we go back to our business of stunlocking our persuers. Alliance is my favorite game mode and this is part of the reason why. Good day </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OP, I think what he meant to say was that he plays Alliance all the time and doesn't have a problem getting a match. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to admit ANTRON is one of the lucky ones, most the time when I see him online it says he's playing alliance! I am on PS3 and I can never get a game! It is such a shame because I love that mode.

Regards to OP, I don't know who your playing alliance with but if you get someone you have played with to play it with you then getting stun locked is reduced dramatically. Just stick together and you can avoid it, once you kill one of your targets you're safe and I think stun locking is a good strategy to have as it attracts your targets to you giving you complete control of the game.

H4D3S_1NF3RN0
06-24-2011, 04:20 PM
one thing i would suggest, if you are ever going into a match and see two grand masters automatically go to the same team, they are in a party, using mics, and ARE going to stun lock you, bring mute and use it as your getting up, even if you get stunned again your buddy will be able to get up and kill somebody, Stun lock over so you can get up and wipe your tears. The next thing I would suggest would be to b4 you go in an alliance match send a message to all friends and recent players what dlc you are playing in and what mode and youll most likely get a full game within 10-15 mins, giving time for people who are already in a game to finish.

LadyGahan2010
06-24-2011, 04:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stowdace:
FACT in order to score big in alliance you need to stun lock. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And nobody sees a problem with this? And I actually do make First Place on the individual scoreboard so I'm pretty sure I know how to play and what I'm doing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. I don't see a problem. I'm not saying you don't know what you're doing, but I'm saying it is a CO-OP mode, you're supposed work with your partner and never get stun-locked.
I fell in love with Alliance, I risk stun lock and play with randoms if i have to. But I won't go complain about stun lock.

Dave0718
06-24-2011, 04:25 PM
i play alliance solo and get 8k's alot with disguise and poison i play it like wanted,

you dont need to stunlock to get big scores, it just helps if you are not very good at killing

lynx_1985
06-24-2011, 04:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H4D3S_1NF3RN0:
one thing i would suggest, if you are ever going into a match and see two grand masters automatically go to the same team, they are in a party, using mics, and ARE going to stun lock you, bring mute and use it as your getting up, even if you get stunned again your buddy will be able to get up and kill somebody, Stun lock over so you can get up and wipe your tears. The next thing I would suggest would be to b4 you go in an alliance match send a message to all friends and recent players what dlc you are playing in and what mode and youll most likely get a full game within 10-15 mins, giving time for people who are already in a game to finish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, alliance is usually played by pairs of people who know each other and muting once you get to your feet is a good idea to break their stun lock on you.

Oooooo nice avatar LadyGahan!

weeklydose
06-24-2011, 04:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H4D3S_1NF3RN0:
if you are ever going into a match and see two grand masters automatically go to the same team, they are in a party, using mics, and ARE going to stun lock you, bring mute and use it as your getting up, even if you get stunned again your buddy will be able to get up and kill somebody, Stun lock over so you can get up and wipe your tears. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So true... I guess I've been lucky, because I've been playing my weekly Alliance games for several months in a row, but it wasn't until this week that I ran into a team of top-ranked Grand Masters going all out for the stun locks. And unfortunately, I was with a rookie random who had no mic.

I was impressed with how well these two played it. It was very hard breaking their stun locks on team 3 and in the second round, it actually was easier to not go after them and wait for my pursuers instead. They still got us downed once for a good 30 seconds and that was probably the most helpless I've ever felt in this game.

obliviondoll
06-24-2011, 06:38 PM
If you're getting stunlocked, you're doing it wrong, or your teammate is.

I'm careful when I play alongside randoms, so I never get stunlocked, or let my teammate stay stunlocked for long. And with known teammates, we never stay down past a third stun before the other partner arrives.

In addition to Mute, Firecrackers are also a good stunlock deterrent. Morph can be too, if you use it right. Of course, so is not being derpy and obvious about your approach. If you're getting really screwed, but pull a Gun - one down, one left, good luck stunlocking!

MrJLBoyyy
06-24-2011, 06:52 PM
Never trust randoms.

I've seen you around on Assassin's Creed. You can add me if you'd like and we can play. I was pretty high ranked when I played with xXNick1021xx or whoever (he's banned), and we were pretty good. Never lost, really. We can play together so we don't need randoms.

I dislike stunlocking, but I do it anyway. Or at least when I played before.

ADD ME, FOO.

LadyGahan2010
06-24-2011, 07:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lynx_1985:
Oooooo nice avatar LadyGahan! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif A good courtesan pic is hard to find...

@weeklydose: we need to team up again some time soon http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Zoidberg747
06-26-2011, 02:19 PM
Try playing with no dlc on, there is a lot more games there
Edit: I didnt read the thread, I get to use this again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1mvN6lU0oU

AND for good measure:
http://roflrazzi.files.wordpre...18e-42c01cc6a29f.jpg (http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/8840c706-40c4-4c7a-918e-42c01cc6a29f.jpg)