PDA

View Full Version : Which save system do you want in SC:DA?

Smeepster
04-16-2006, 05:28 PM

Smeepster
04-16-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm a fan of the checkpoints system.

Even though it got irritating to do the same parts again and again, I thought it added to the game, made you better yourself.

Which do you prefere? Check point or Any time save?

Please note, I do NOT mean which one do you think makes the game easier.

SCDuRiN
04-17-2006, 05:15 AM
Anytime saving is better, cuz when u have to go immidiatly then you can save.

Knot3D
04-17-2006, 05:27 AM
The charm of SC1 was the LACK of quicksaving.

That is what set it apart from MGS where you can save by Codec any moment.

Garrulous
04-17-2006, 06:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Knot3D:
The charm of SC1 was the LACK of quicksaving.

That is what set it apart from MGS where you can save by Codec any moment. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On the PC version I could save anywhere. I seriously hope saving anywhere, because it's alot better than replayin 30 seconds than 10 hard minutes.

Knot3D
04-17-2006, 06:09 AM
See, THAT is the cool thing about it ;

if the player F's up, he will be 'punished' by having to try really harder.

Real life SplinterCell work would require extensive times of concentration. There's no quicksaving a man's life in reality.

Hence, I like SC1 on Xbox best.

Garrulous
04-17-2006, 06:33 AM
Yeah, but guess what? Maybe you didn't notice, but Splinter Cell is a game. Shocking, isn't it?

capteenix
04-17-2006, 08:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Garrulous:
Yeah, but guess what? Maybe you didn't notice, but Splinter Cell is a game. Shocking, isn't it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
but guess what? maybe you didn't notice, but you want it to be realistic as Hella. Shocking isn't it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

sillyfish101
04-17-2006, 08:46 AM
I actually do like the checkpoint system, it doesnt bother me...but with the saving-at-any-moment system, if my mom wants to bug me i can just save and do whatever i need to do.Then i dont have to backtract in the game. It could go either way, but checkpoint play is much funner imho.

scorpio_11
04-17-2006, 08:54 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
that is what i sead

Smeepster
04-17-2006, 10:36 AM
I do agree that the Anytime saving is more convienient when life throws something at you, but In the single player mode, I felt much more immersed in the first one, despite the inferior graphics (that still rock!)

silentassasin05
04-17-2006, 10:41 AM
I prefer the quick saving because it allows newcomers to ease into the game while allowing seasoned vet to play the game like real life, without saving. So i vote for quicksaving.

Knot3D
04-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Sigh. This should be pretty easy to solve.

Choosing different difficulty levels result in different saving options ;

EASY - quicksaving
NORMAL - check points
HARD - even less check points

scorpio_11
04-17-2006, 11:24 AM
If u make it like that make it this way
HARD-save only at end of mission

still like the quicksave beter ^ ^

Malleus.
04-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Had the same discussion over the R6 and GR forums. I'll just say my usual thing here. The savegame features should not be connected with difficulty levels in any way. Make the game harder with more enemies or smarter ones, rather than limiting the player to checkpoints only.
Quicksave is a must. It allows newcomers to get used to the game, and some others who like this feature to use it.
If you don't want to use it, don't use it. If you can't help using it, you're a n00b.
(-)

Smeepster
04-18-2006, 12:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
If you don't want to use it, don't use it. If you can't help using it, you're a n00b.
(-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was about to be the best sentence in your post, untill you decided to throw in a little trolling at the end there.

My problem is, I do save as little as possible, but the fact that I know that I can save, which throws out my imersion (spl?) in the game.

Darkeye321
04-18-2006, 12:15 PM
saving anytime just like in SCCT

Malleus.
04-18-2006, 12:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smeepster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
(-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was about to be the best sentence in your post, untill you decided to throw in a little trolling at the end there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I played the SC games with and without saving, and I think it's only a matter of decision. And it's kinda funny to hear all those "checkpoints only" pros complaining that they can't resist pressing a button.

But to compensate for the negativity, I'll cough up a solution that would please everyone - and it's not my idea, it's been done before.

Basically, when you start a game, you should be able to select your preferred saving method just like you select difficulty.
Main Menu -&gt; SP Game -&gt; Easy/Medium/Hard -&gt; No-save/Checkpoints only/Checkpoints+quicksave
...for example. You shouldn't be able to change this setting during the campaign (just like the difficulty).

The most important thing IMO, is that the save system should not be connected to the difficulty lev... oh wait, I'm already repeating myself. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I.S.F-Dixxhead
04-18-2006, 01:00 PM
Yea, give the player the choice and if not I'm for chekpoints. Much more challanging and fun.

So, please ubi, reentruduce Checkpoints and maybe add a quicksave solution, but not only quicksave http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

scorpio_11
04-18-2006, 01:40 PM
isint there checkpoints in CT win efer u enter a new area and it givs u the optin to lode from checkpoint win u are killed

Terrax213
04-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Nah .. it saved the mission at the start, and throughout you could quicksave, which would overwrite the saved game every time you save it, as well as 'regular' saves, which let you save in one of like 6 slots or so.

The game itself may have called them "checkpoints," but there weren't predetermined points throughout each level that gave you the option to save like in the first 2 SC's.

FVipe
04-18-2006, 04:43 PM
BAck to checkpoints would be the best, but it won't happen