PDA

View Full Version : about jumping....

Aeldwin
05-03-2005, 11:46 AM
i've finished the game in all levels, even though is very short game i like it since i play it evry now and again, but, there's a thing that i really dislike which is in a big world such b.i.a. you cannot jump nothing, (a thing germans can do),i know it 'cause i love to man a mg42, and since the thematic of the game is flank your foe, you just can only flank them running to the front, i mean, you can't go to the sides 'cause there's no path and everything is barricated, doors can't be openned, etc., it's like claustrophobic.
But it's nice in general anyways.
Thanx for your time.

Aeldwin
05-03-2005, 11:46 AM
i've finished the game in all levels, even though is very short game i like it since i play it evry now and again, but, there's a thing that i really dislike which is in a big world such b.i.a. you cannot jump nothing, (a thing germans can do),i know it 'cause i love to man a mg42, and since the thematic of the game is flank your foe, you just can only flank them running to the front, i mean, you can't go to the sides 'cause there's no path and everything is barricated, doors can't be openned, etc., it's like claustrophobic.
But it's nice in general anyways.
Thanx for your time.

Lt.Parra
05-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Dude i totally agree on the doors bit, u should be able to open them, and properly flank and use tactics to its fullest sxtent by using ur suroundings. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

HalfDigested
06-03-2005, 03:31 AM
yea but all the bots would get crammed up inside the houses. wud b good if ur whole team cud b in a house though

Strath90
11-02-2005, 03:12 PM
It´s supposed to bee realistic! Not jumping around like Halo or Counter Strike

synchro_w
11-18-2005, 06:39 AM
"It´s supposed to bee realistic! Not jumping around like Halo or Counter Strike"

what? so it's not realistic to jump over a 2 foot wall? it's not realistic to climb a ladder? to open/bash-in a door? the so caled 'tactical' side to the game is extremely limited. there is only ever one approach to flanking. rarely is there more. obviously i'm not talkig about missions where there are open fields.
also, the collision detection is sometimes dreadful.
there are missions where there are ladders against small huts/walls that any NCO or officer with ANY kind of sense would utilise to view the surrounding area. instead they are just window dressing. i can only assume it is a limitation of the game engine. which says it all really.
instead you are lead by the nose and forced to dodge bullets, presumably to give the feeling of intense gameplay?
although i like the game it doesn't really encourage players to think tactically.
just a "there's the enemy, send team around side" approach.
but obviously this is a whole lot better than a lot of games out there. i just think - with a bit more work - it could've been so much better.
das

Blast_Duck
01-05-2006, 05:19 PM
I totally agree with him...especially with the jumping part. that certainly isnt beyond the game engine....would anyone care to mod the jumping height or tell us how if its a simple .ini edit???

thanks

SgtSaunders1954
01-17-2006, 09:09 AM
FYI - Botman has created a "No Jumping Allowed" mutator

Go Here:
http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=50880